Retirement Visa Every 3 Months

Every 3 months we have to visit immigration office if we have retirement visa ( if we are not abroad )

*and do we still pay some money in there when they renew our visa another 3 monhts or no ?

or we only apply there to say that we are here and if pay money how much?

Thank

Every 90 days that you are in the country you must file a TM47 form with the immigration office responsible for the area where you live. It is an address report only. There is no charge and no stamp in your passport. You are given an additional form with the next required report date stamped on it.. Some offices allow you to report by mail. The report in person can be done 15 days before and up to 7 days after the date. If you do it by mail the report must be at the office before the required date.

Every 90 days that you are in the country you must file a TM47 form with the immigration office responsible for the area where you live. It is an address report only. There is no charge and no stamp in your passport. You are given an additional form with the next required report date stamped on it.. Some offices allow you to report by mail. The report in person can be done 15 days before and up to 7 days after the date. If you do it by mail the report must be at the office before the required date.

Thank you very much , clearly understood )

Yes, and also note if you fail to do your required 90 day address reports, you will be subject to fine, but it has no impact at all on your current annual retirement extension to stay or O-A visa. But still, be a good expat and do your address reports as required.

That's just for not reporting.

Overstay is another 500 baht per day, up to a max of 20k. Plus other penalties, usually determined by how immigration finds out about the overstay.

So, really not so great.

Terry

That's just for not reporting.

Overstay is another 500 baht per day, up to a max of 20k. Plus other penalties, usually determined by how immigration finds out about the overstay.

So, really not so great.

Terry

i am only lazy to go every 3 months to immigration office and wait there hours and hours, specially hard in the high season cause thousand of farangs visiting immigration office for visa extentention and etc too... why must report every 3 months , i was so happy when i got retited visa and stop damned visa runs to cambodia..and now uncomfortable immigration waits, maybe there is a way not to go each 3 months there.. i will keep ask..thanks for help.

Which immigration office do you use? Check to see if you can MAIL in the reports by mail. If you can't accept and follow the rules of Thai immigration and you hope to live as a foreigner in Thailand long term, best of luck to you, sir!

90 day address reports are NOT visa extensions. It sounds like you haven't absorbed that yet. I guess the wait depends on the office. Where I report in Jomtien, other than filling out the form, it usually takes less than five minutes.

Again, being late for a 90 day report is not related to a visa expiring or staying longer than your permission to stay.

Edited by Jingthing

Which immigration office do you use? Check to see if you can MAIL in the reports by mail. If you can't accept and follow the rules of Thai immigration and you hope to live as a foreigner in Thailand long term, best of luck to you, sir!

90 day address reports are NOT visa extensions. It sounds like you haven't absorbed that yet. I guess the wait depends on the office. Where I report in Jomtien, other than filling out the form, it usually takes less than five minutes.

Again, being late for a 90 day report is not related to a visa expiring or staying longer than your permission to stay.

chonburi ( pattaya)