Best Pizza In Bangkok

Michael W

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped by Pala at Asoke earlier. They were busy.....which is always good to see in a pizza by the slice kinda place.

102 Baht for a slice of Salami and Olive pizza. Crispy stuff this and good salami.

Fine for a quick lunch or they have a range of pasta dishes one of which being consumed at the next table looked the part. I think 280 Baht each or so. ++

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped by Pala at Asoke earlier. They were busy.....which is always good to see in a pizza by the slice kinda place.

102 Baht for a slice of Salami and Olive pizza. Crispy stuff this and good salami.

Fine for a quick lunch or they have a range of pasta dishes one of which being consumed at the next table looked the part. I think 280 Baht each or so. ++

Hoping that the owner is reading this: The last two times I went to Pala it was uncomfortably warm in your restaurant. I guess it was 32 or so outside and not much cooler inside! You must be spending a fortune on rent at that location. Seems absurd to lose customers for a few thousand baht per month in electricity fees.

I'm a BIG fan also of Pala on the ground floor of the Asoke BTS station, facing onto Sukhumvit Road...

Although I've had a few slices of their pizza, they do handmade calzones for 150b a piece that are excellent with sausage and mushrooms as the default filling.

They also do homemade breads there, including an excellent ring/circular bread called "crescia", I believe. Runs 250 to 300 baht for the entire loaf/ring, and its probably the best bread I've eaten in Bangkok.

My wife and I are regular customers there, usually once a week for either takeout or dine-in... I've never noticed any particular problems with their air con or lack thereof. Maybe they were having problems at some point, but I don't think it's an ongoing issue.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

We (American and Thai wife) tried a Ronny's New York pizza (Suk Soi 4) last night for the first time... ordered a 16 in pepperoni for about 350b with free delivery.

Price was fine, but pizza was mediocre at best. Pepperoni was scarce, and so was the cheese and even sauce for that matter.

But I guess at that price point and location, I shouldn't have been surprised.

Late night drinking/drunk food, OK.... Good pizza...no... On anyone's best pizza in BKK list, I think NOT!

But, at least it did resemble a real pizza, unlike the imposters from places like Pizza Co.