True /Asn

redsox44

ASN suddenly reappeared yesterday -- what's that all about? It's not listed as one of the 17 new HD stations that will be offered free to Premium subscribers. Sure hope it's the real thing and we get American football in the fall again.

Which TrueVisions channel did ASN reappear on? Cable or Satellite? Thanks.

My apartment building has cable and ASN is TrueVisions114. Weird though, because it's not listed at all in the July program guide I just received the other day, nor is it listed on their web site. After what True pulled last year with ASN -- shutting it off one month into the NFL season with no warning at all -- I just don't trust them to really be showing the NFL this year.

(These days ASN is showing a lot of Lacrosse (a professional Lacrosse league in the US? Who knew?) and Stanley Cup replays.)

Which TrueVisions channel did ASN reappear on? Cable or Satellite? Thanks.

My apartment building has cable and ASN is TrueVisions114. Weird though, because it's not listed at all in the July program guide I just received the other day, nor is it listed on their web site. After what True pulled last year with ASN -- shutting it off one month into the NFL season with no warning at all -- I just don't trust them to really be showing the NFL this year.

(These days ASN is showing a lot of Lacrosse (a professional Lacrosse league in the US? Who knew?) and Stanley Cup replays.)

It appears that True has a four year contract for ASN. It comes directly from a USA feed. NFL preseason as well as NHL will be shown. That being said who knows just how long GMM's contract was with ASN due to the fact the supposed contract began about a year ago.

I watched a Superbowl replay yesterday on channel 114 ASN at a friends place. He has the Gold pack.

I also get the ASN on my Openbox system but I cannot talk about that here

I would imagine that True is playing catch up with the advertising of this channel as it happened only last week. Im sure it takes them many days to update the web site and a month or two for the magazine

^ Thanks.

I have the Platinum package, just trying to figure out if any others - other than the two people here who replied - are currently seeing ASN on any channel.

The press release is of course less than clear:...

"This channel will be available by following package

Platinum package – on Truesport HD1 (122), TrueSport 3 (103) and ASN (113)

Gold package – on TrueSport 3 (103) can be upgrade the High definition channel by HD package

Gold lite package - ASN (113)"

Not sure what to infer from that? ASN is not currently on TrueSport HD1 (122), or TrueSport 3 (103), now anyway. I do not get channels 113 or 114.

^ Thanks.

I have the Platinum package, just trying to figure out if any others - other than the two people here who replied - are currently seeing ASN on any channel.

The press release is of course less than clear:...

"This channel will be available by following package

Platinum package – on Truesport HD1 (122), TrueSport 3 (103) and ASN (113)

Gold package – on TrueSport 3 (103) can be upgrade the High definition channel by HD package

Gold lite package - ASN (113)"

Not sure what to infer from that? ASN is not currently on TrueSport HD1 (122), or TrueSport 3 (103), now anyway. I do not get channels 113 or 114.

Yes, those channel listings are not correct. It's only on 114 on my package, and NOT HD, but I thought I saw an announcement that said they were going to rearrange some channels in mid-July, so maybe the above is eventually what their going to offer. You never know with True.

Anyway, you should definitely be getting ASN with the platinum package. It might be worth giving them a call. I had a problem a few weeks ago when they were supposedly upgrading the software. I had to wait a long time on the phone but the person I spoke to had excellent English and helped me solve the problem.

Edited by dekestone