TrueVisions To Increase Number Of HD Channels To 17 On July 16

webfact

I have been talking to a True technician and he really doesn't know whether Dreambox or Openbox will work after July 16th but he mentioned that I could buy a new satellite dish (or turn the existing one to the east ) and pick up Vinasat from Vietnam.

Do any of you who live upcountry pick up Vinasat? I have seen on the Internet that they have BBC World, CNN and ESPN. These are basically the only channels I watch.

Wait.. you asked the TRUE employee if your sat box used to steal their signal and content would still work? LOL.. you're funny man.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pirated boxs will be useless on the 15th i hope you guys did not pay 2 years in advance like some boys here in town.

You sound like a salesman to me. You got the fix to sell everyone?

These "pirate" boxes you speak of will not be useless anytime soon as they can be used on a multitude of sats around the world. Not just for the totally crappy content that TRUE charges huge sums for.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

What I would like to know is how are people in Europe watching sky tv etc on dreamboxes? Surely their encryption technology is far superior to true visions?

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

From looking up Sky and TrueVisions on the Lyngsat website which shows progamming, frequencies, encryption used, etc., Sky uses Videoguard encryption and TrueVisions is using Iredeto 2 and Videoguard encryptions right now...or basically TrueVisions has already been transmitting the new encryption of Videoguard for the new boxes and the old encryption Iredeto 2 for the old boxes which allows all the current boxes to continue to work. Plus TrueVisions has been transmitting under MPEG2 where Sky uses MPEG4, but True is also switching to MPEG4 come 16 July. So, basically it sound like TrueVisions will just be catching up to equal Sky in terms of encryption, MPEG used, etc. Additionally, TrueVisions is now marrying the subscription cards to the box where before a subscription card could be used between boxes.

My understanding is that SkyTV boxes are also paired but there are ways to get around this. I'm no expert but i would be very surprised if Truevisions can prevent what sky tv cannot.

What I would like to know is how are people in Europe watching sky tv etc on dreamboxes? Surely their encryption technology is far superior to true visions?

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

From looking up Sky and TrueVisions on the Lyngsat website which shows progamming, frequencies, encryption used, etc., Sky uses Videoguard encryption and TrueVisions is using Iredeto 2 and Videoguard encryptions right now...or basically TrueVisions has already been transmitting the new encryption of Videoguard for the new boxes and the old encryption Iredeto 2 for the old boxes which allows all the current boxes to continue to work. Plus TrueVisions has been transmitting under MPEG2 where Sky uses MPEG4, but True is also switching to MPEG4 come 16 July. So, basically it sound like TrueVisions will just be catching up to equal Sky in terms of encryption, MPEG used, etc. Additionally, TrueVisions is now marrying the subscription cards to the box where before a subscription card could be used between boxes.

My understanding is that SkyTV boxes are also paired but there are ways to get around this. I'm no expert but i would be very surprised if Truevisions can prevent what sky tv cannot.

Different Videoguard versions.

The latest version (NDS 4) is specifically designed to block card sharing. Difference lies in the card itself, so not all companies upgraded their older cards to the new ones (i.e. got new cards to all their subscribers).

Pirated boxs will be useless on the 15th i hope you guys did not pay 2 years in advance like some boys here in town.

These "pirate" boxes you speak of will not be useless anytime soon as they can be used on a multitude of sats around the world. Not just for the totally crappy content that TRUE charges huge sums for.

And you my freind sound like a disgruntled pirate. I am looking forward to viewing 17 hd channels. also sd channels will now be in mpeg 4 much beter quailty. So good luck finding any thing even close...Maybe you should get a slingbox!

• Like 1

Now we have all these HD channels i am thinking of getting the hard disc recorder to go with the HD box. Has anyone got it yet. What are the monthly charges i heard 100 baht and the cost of the box itself. Do you order from True or buy yourself?

I have been talking to a True technician and he really doesn't know whether Dreambox or Openbox will work after July 16th but he mentioned that I could buy a new satellite dish (or turn the existing one to the east ) and pick up Vinasat from Vietnam.

Do any of you who live upcountry pick up Vinasat? I have seen on the Internet that they have BBC World, CNN and ESPN. These are basically the only channels I watch.

Wait.. you asked the TRUE employee if your sat box used to steal their signal and content would still work? LOL.. you're funny man.

errrr Yes. He was the guy who sold it to me and set it up for me.He told me that he wasn't the only one doing that sort of thing.

I actually had a legitimate subscription and had technical problems. He came to fix it and suggested the present set up.

errrr Yes. He was the guy who sold it to me and set it up for me.He told me that he wasn't the only one doing that sort of thing.

I actually had a legitimate subscription and had technical problems. He came to fix it and suggested the present set up.

That's funny. Thanks for sharing that. TIT indeed.

It's nearly the END of the 15th.. does your pirate box still work? arggggg matey.

New subscriptions for true will be by apointment only. Hurry because the wait will be six months or more. One hundred baht refund on out of date unuseable bootleg boxs.

What are you spamming here? 100 baht refunds on bootleg boxes.. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You are a salesman aren't you.. I knew it..clap2.gif

UPDATE:

All TrueVisions channels will go black from 11pm tonight. 9am Monday more HD channels will be added. Only TrueVisions legal HD boxes will be functional from Monday 9am.

Source: http://www.truevisio...ages/index.html (Thai language)

You would think they would do it during the week when people are at work the next morning also not when people have got the weekend off and wanna a see HBO or StarMovies ...

Indeed I'm hoping that I can re-align my dish to Astro or even Vinasat at a push.

Can anyone tell me how I would do this in layman's terms (ie. left a bit, up a bit and not fancy numbers) and if they are recievable on a standard True dish and LMB?

Have TrueVisions published the new channel line up?

Come off it, they can't even get their monthly magazine to customers before the start of the new monthly programming.

If they knew the new channel line ups in advance they might have put the new numbers in their magazine instead of leaving all channels with no numbers.

Now we have all these HD channels i am thinking of getting the hard disc recorder to go with the HD box. Has anyone got it yet. What are the monthly charges i heard 100 baht and the cost of the box itself. Do you order from True or buy yourself?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/539331-using-true-visions-hd-set-top-box-as-pvr-with-esata-harddisk/

This TrueVisions link gives info in English on the nearing switchover to occur between 11pm 15 July and 9am 16 July...also shows the new channel line-up. If the link doesn't come up in English click the EN icon on the top left corner of the page.

The link/sublinks shows the new channel line-up for various packages and video clips in Thai for different boxes in how to manually reset/rescan your box if you don't have reception come Monday 9am (assuming you have an upgraded box). Although the videos are in Thai I think a person could figure out from the video clips how to do the box reset if needed...it's not hard...but of course the reset/rescan won't get you reception if your box hasn't been upgraded/swapped out. The video clips have also been running on Ch 12 for at least a week and are still running.

For folks on the Knowledge package you may not be affected...I'm not sure....to me the article implies only those folks on Platinum, Gold, Gold Lite and Silver packages will be affected.

Edited by Pib

Indeed I'm hoping that I can re-align my dish to Astro or even Vinasat at a push.

Can anyone tell me how I would do this in layman's terms (ie. left a bit, up a bit and not fancy numbers) and if they are recievable on a standard True dish and LMB?

You'll need a bigger dish for astro.

1.2m (4ft) mesh dish at least, 1.5m better if you don't want to have too much rain fade...Pattaya area, the more north you are, the bigger the needed dish.

No idea on vinasat.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

You'll need a bigger dish for astro.

1.2m (4ft) mesh dish at least, 1.5m better if you don't want to have too much rain fade...Pattaya area, the more north you are, the bigger the needed dish.

No idea on vinasat.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Got a bigger dish but the other LNB, I supppose I could swap them over?

But I've read on here that you can get Astro in Bangok with the True dish?

I am just sat on the sofa after 4 months of solid graft in the UK ,only to be told that my current box will no longer work in the morning and the one I have that currently works will stop working in approximately 2 hours and 12 minutes,my girlfriend in her infinite wisdom knew nothing about this yet she went and off loaded a wad of cash on Friday for 6 months subscription,I now learn that I have to trek all the way to Phetchabun in the morning to off load a further 3,000 baht for a new box,to rub salt into the wound I don't have my usual package due to the upgrade and the only one channel that I can watch in English is live coverage of the Scottish open that will cease to transmit very soon.

On the plus side I have some nice Thai food on the way,welcome back to the Los,you've got to love it.

I am just sat on the sofa after 4 months of solid graft in the UK ,only to be told that my current box will no longer work in the morning and the one I have that currently works will stop working in approximately 2 hours and 12 minutes,my girlfriend in her infinite wisdom knew nothing about this yet she went and off loaded a wad of cash on Friday for 6 months subscription,I now learn that I have to trek all the way to Phetchabun in the morning to off load a further 3,000 baht for a new box,to rub salt into the wound I don't have my usual package due to the upgrade and the only one channel that I can watch in English is live coverage of the Scottish open that will cease to transmit very soon.

On the plus side I have some nice Thai food on the way,welcome back to the Los,you've got to love it.

I'm surprised that after 4 months in UK you are bothered about watching telly when you have a Thai GF???

I'm surprised that after 4 months in UK you are bothered about watching telly when you have a Thai GF???

No need to be surprised,I have a girlfriend in the UK silly.

Edited by stoneyboy