Armed Robbery: Thai Police Offer Bt1m Reward

webfact

Ever notice that the rewards for the high profile robberies are significantly greater than they are for high profile murder cases?

In this case the money comes from the shop owner. In the other case maybe from the government or police... i guess.

"POLICE yesterday announced that THEY would offer a Bt1million reward"

It reads like the cops are offering the doe

I wonder why they are using CCTV video stills from 2000, 12 years ago? Were there CCTV cameras in the shop that just got robbed?

Or am I missing something from these shots in the lead story?

Try watching Thai news on television. The whole "frilmclip" was on yesterday. Ya don't needs to understand Thai to figure out what pictures say, but so much more fun taking shots in the dark........or maybe having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

30185116-01_big.jpg

I suggest they begin with looking for Darth and R2D2.... wink.png

-mel. giggle.gif

Oh! And a guy with a peg-leg, if they haven't spotted that - which I would guess they haven't. laugh.png

They don"t have a leg to stand on in this caper.
  • Like 1

Reminds me of that movie with Mel Gibson where the guy's kid was kidnapped. And instead of the usual police reward, the father offered his own reward and that put all the people on the street on the case. Somebody will see or know something and will rat somebody out for the right price.

30185116-01_big.jpg

I suggest they begin with looking for Darth and R2D2.... wink.png

-mel. giggle.gif

Oh! And a guy with a peg-leg, if they haven't spotted that - which I would guess they haven't. laugh.png

They don"t have a leg to stand on in this caper.

his parrot was the getaway driver

1 million Baht.

And, 3 2 1 --

"Police have nabbed two 87 year old men Sombat and Somchai Kunlatraipongchai Na Petburi of Petburi province who have confessed to the robbery. During the robbery reenactment, the two men told police that they robbed the store because they were not happy that they didn't have the stuff in the store that they robbed from it. 3 police captains are splitting the reward."

I was actually in Thap Sakae on the day of the robbery, I was about 2 minutes away from the gold shop. My wife is from the small town. I can confirm that it is the wealthy family who have offered the reward. The family do have CCTV in the store. The problem is no where else - not the main street anyway - does have cameras in place.

The shop owner is a family friend.

My wife's cousin works for the police in Thap Sakae and was actually first on the scene, he was off duty at the time. He told me that he could have opened fire on the thiefs but thought it safer to get the staff out of the way and to keep others back.

The police do believe it was the work of soldiers or other policeman. it is also just one of quite a few hits on these gold stores. The cousin said he knows of about 10 other attacks

• Like 1

They are attempting to trace the bike used and apparently someone entered the shop the day before, not a local who spent quite sometime inside before leaving without purchasing anything. So a possible suspect.