Do You Bring A Laptop With You To Pattaya?

pistonpilot

Do you bring your laptop with you?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do whenever I go for several reasons.

1) I like my music (I bring the speakers too).

2) I have lots of movies etc. in the hard drive to watch.

3) I can do some work while on vacation.

4) I dislike public internet cafes.

5) I can watch a DVD on it.

6) One less target for a break-in back home.

"Do you bring your laptop to Pattaya when you travel?"

It might be clearer to the purposefully confused to write it:

Do you bring your laptop when you travel to Pattaya?

Seems like a harmless enough question, doesn't it?

Perhaps the residents could read the question carefully and determine he wasn't asking you?

I do for reasons 1, 3, and 5 above. and yes, I too have flat speakers for use in the apartment.

When I'm here one month at a time, several times each year, it's good to have my office along.

~WISteve

Never.

When I come to Pattaya, I have a computer at the office. The last thing I want to see on my free time is another computer. Plus, I'm usually too busy drinking Tiger Beer and I've seen that alcohol and computers can sometimes be a dangerous combination - especially e-mail.

i did buy a new laptop in pattaya for 55,000 baht, i had it for approx i week.i left it in my condo all locked up and went down to my pool for a swim and 30mins later i returned to find the door locked and the laptop gone. so my answer now is no i donot bring a laptop to pattaya. :o

I've been packing one for about five of the last ten years.

I've never lost so much as a button off my shirt during that time in Thailand hotels and apartments.

~WISteve

Haven't been there but when I do go next year I will carry one. But key is i'll buy a $300-400 ebay old 1gig machine. Then wont have to worry so much about losing a $1000+ peice.

Always

Its too hard to find a decent internet cafe in pattaya

IE:one that doesnt pack you in like sardines.

One that has bandwidth.

One where you fell no-body is looking over your shoulder.

One that doesnt stink....last trip stayed in jomtien soi4 ....the nearest place the falang owner and a screaming kid,and two of those foul smelling small hairy dogs and he was too mean to have the aircon on....he didnt deserve to be in business

I've been packing one for about five of the last ten years.

I've never lost so much as a button off my shirt during that time in Thailand hotels and apartments.

~WISteve

Haven't been there but when I do go next year I will carry one. But key is i'll buy a $300-400 ebay old 1gig machine. Then wont have to worry so much about losing a $1000+ peice.

Always

Its too hard to find a decent internet cafe in pattaya

IE:one that doesnt pack you in like sardines.

One that has bandwidth.

One where you fell no-body is looking over your shoulder.

One that doesnt stink....last trip stayed in jomtien soi4 ....the nearest place the falang owner and a screaming kid,and two of those foul smelling small hairy dogs and he was too mean to have the aircon on....he didnt deserve to be in business

Next time go to the Kodak shop on the corner of Jomtien

Just before the KFC on the left hand side.. Air con, ADSL, no one looking over your shoulder.

A nice young lady will help you if you need it.

These places are there, you just need to stay away some of the grubby shop house

Inter net shops.

As for laptops never had one nicked in 7 years but that not to say I don’t happen.

Have a nice day.

• 4 weeks later...

I worked in Bangkok and then in Rayong for three and a half years. Toted a "notebook" computer with me throughout and hated it. Now settled in Jomtien with a super PC on my desk. If Ihave to travel, I stick a couple flash drives in my pocket and use on on those brazillian :o PC's around the world in Internet Cafes etc, hotels etc.

Edited by Artisan

i did buy a new laptop in pattaya for 55,000 baht, i had it for approx i week.i left it in my condo all locked up and went down to my pool for a swim and 30mins later i returned to find the door locked and the laptop gone. so my answer now is no i donot bring a laptop to pattaya. :o

name and shame the condo!!