Bye

David006

I don't know why you have decided this, but if you are getting bored with the forum, it's probably best to stick with the section of the forum that really interests you.

My main interest is the farming and organic smallholding sub forum. I get some great and useful advice there. Of course, general topics and farang pub can get a bit out of hand at times.

Good luck, but please remember that within your area of knowledge, posts are very often appreciated.

• Like 1

I,m not sure as to why David but do as I did and many other oldies have.

Take a break then hopefully come back to engage with the members with a positive, friendly and helpful demeanour, forget the negative stuff and choose the forums that are appreciative of your contributions.

Good luck on your walk about and return soon.

It,s quite noticeable that many of the senior members no longer contribute and are sadly missed.

marshbags ( a big smiley thumbs up should be posted here )

Edited by marshbags
  • Like 2

I have gained some very good feedback from this forum, but I do see such a high propensity of sad cases , trolls and bitter expats who I think are better suited to some of the Pattaya style sites.

There is a big difference between the bar style outlaw falang and those who genuinely want to live in Thailand in some form of harmony.

Take a break then hopefully come back to engage with the members with a positive, friendly and helpful demeanour, forget the negative stuff and choose the forums that are appreciative of your contributions.

It,s quite noticeable that many of the senior members no longer contribute and are sadly missed.

indeed. this may be a stretch, but i suspect it is generally a result of being banned.

Oh no Dave

Don't leave me here with these peoplebiggrin.png

Seriously, I have being coming here on TV for a little bit more than 5 years , notice only about 500 posts?

Why?

because I take the good, and walk away from the bad.

Rather than walking away, I recommend you do the same.

Very good advice and you would do well to dwell on it.

I have been pissed of with TV more times than I care to mention, and have had two suspensions and countless warnings, but I am still around, after all these years.

I am much less active than i used to be but still post when I see a topic where I feel I have some meaningful input for those who wish to read with an open mind.

Unfortunately there are a lot of <deleted> in this world and Thai Visa has its fair share. I try to ignore them as sooner or later they will fade away as the mods eventually get tired of their rubbish.

Like any organisation that has members, there have to be rules or anarchy would prevail. I may not agree with some of the rules, and sometimes they can be very hard to understand, but I have to respect them.

Chill out and enjoy the good parts and ignore the bad stuff. Don't let Thai Visa rule your life, but let it be a small part of your life, as it can be very useful and informative if you are living in Thailand

Ditto Mobi on practically every point you highlight.

I,m not sure if a couple of additional ones can be said but " Respect " is earned, a two way thing and this should be across the board bottom up / top down.

We must also remember and recognise that the majority of our members are reasonable, decent individuals who joined to glean valued information and be / feel a part of the comraderee that is among our membership.

Even among those we do not necessarily agree with, after all we ALL make it what we want it to be and what it is.

It is very difficult as you say at times to understand certain aspects of the rules, but as you rightly say also, we have to have them in place so as to prevent trolling and idiots taking over the forums.

I to have had warnings, a couple of suspensions and have to accept them for what they are and take note of the reasons why.

This does not of course mean I agree every time, but the majority of the time I do and yes it is a difficult, thankless task to police the forum and we must recognise this.

Taking time out when you feel aggrieved or pi**ed off is the way to go and come back to the forum as and when you wish / feel able to offer your advice, help and assistance along with posting the much appreciated contributions / points of view the majority of us became members for in the first place.

Sadly many do not and have paid the ultimate fate, for which " we all suffer ", as their contributions that helped make T.Visa,s reputation what it is are consequently lost to all of us.

Please consider this when you are at boiling point, take a step back and think of all those and whatever else attracted you joined T.Visa for in the first place.

The PM facility is a good tool to use and as far as I am aware you can let off steam re your displeasure, hopefully get a reasonable response if it is a fair exchange and again hopefully a line can be drawn on all sides.

Perhaps in addition PM someone on the forum you can share your feelings with and seek their respected opinions advice ect. before going nuts.

I hope this post can be left in the thread to do as it is intended and not be interpreted as negative and having a go at anyone.

We need to keep the established members we are familiar with and not loose their input on the forums.

We also need to encourage and set examples to those who are just getting involved if we want to improve on the positives we already have.

IMHO as always.

marshbags ( again a friendly winking thumbs up should be here )

Edited by marshbags

hey dave i took a self imposed break not long ago letting the dick heads get to me you know the ones never start a topic of their own just lurk in the bushes like peeping toms[apologies to any toms] but after so long i was glad to come back.

I have been on a self imposed exile for quite a few years now.

I find it is because I cannot trust myself after a few drinks, so it is better to read without logging in than being logged in and making a tool of yourself. I did it just this last weekend and wish to god I hadn't.

TV used to be a much smaller community, where I used to feel my input was worth it's while, it isn't now though as life has changed many of my view points.

Therefore, for varying reasons it is a good thing to stay away for a while, like Mobi and Marshbags say.

Good luck David, I am sure you will still lurk though, just dont log in. :)

Wow nice guys..appreciate it..will take a few months break and keep in touch..maybe I am just too old to put up with anal individuals and rules.... yadda yadda.

most guys and gals on here are great...

thanks again..see ya..if I can give any input will Pm ..love the pets, gardening, farming auto and DIY....etc

Got a lot of stuff to do on the farm and taking care of my new and old family. and off to Canada soon to see mum so.....

Take care every body.....oooh getting a bit teary here....lolw00t.gif

• Like 1