Dating Advice Needed ...

nkg

A girl I met at work (professional lady, decent salary) seems to have taken a liking to me. Pretty girl, same age as me, good sense of humor.

She handed in her notice a couple of weeks ago, so I don't really have to worry about the pitfalls of an "office romance".

I offered to sort out her CV for her in English, which she was very happy about. When I spoke to her today, she said that she wanted me to come over to her house on her day off for dinner (tomorrow) to thank me for my help.

I agreed to this, we chatted a little and then she mentioned that she would be bringing her sister along for dinner. She went on to talk about how I would like her sister, because she's taller, younger and more beautiful than her(!). She also talked about how she thought we (her, not her sister) could be good friends for each other.

So I'm wondering what might be going on here.

Possibly sister is attending as a "chaperone" to make sure that nothing untoward happens. It seems most likely that my Thai friend is interested in some kind of relationship, but what kind I don't know. In the West, girls talking a lot about "being friends" might well signal the end of any romantic possibilities, but I don't know if it works the same way in Thailand.

Is she is really trying to set me up with her sister? If I turn up at dinner tomorrow and her sister is stunning, charming and flirtatious, what is the appropriate way to react? There seems to be a fine line between Thai girls being extremely friendly and flirtatious.

My natural instinct is to be friendly with both of them and hopefully keep things going with the girl I already know.

Any advice would be welcome.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Pormax!

Knowing my luck, one of the two sisters will like me, I will misread the situation and flirt with the other one, causing both of them to dislike me ...

• Like 2

It's normal for a ''nice'' lady to not be alone with male company as the neighbour hood will talk. smile.png

Yes, I thought that might be part of the reason for sister coming along. Previous dates with "nice girls" have included one of their friends.

I'm puzzled about her efforts to interest me in her sister (in a romantic way), but she does have a very quirky sense of humor. Maybe it helps introduce some "plausible deniability" to any interest she may have in me - "I just wanted you to meet my sister". Hum, trying to second-guess Thai women isn't easy ......

Did you know prior to her dinner invitation that she had a younger sister?

As i've had this before where a Thai lady refers to a sister that in reality is just a close friend

not a family member.

I'm inclined to think that your work friend is testing you to see if your loyal to her, by introducing, what she thinks to be a more attractive female.

If your interested in her then don't flirt with the so called sister.

• Like 2

Followed by Aunties, Cousins (of which there will be many) with the usual request of 'you have friend you can bring for me. Anyway good luck. Just be careful. There are some very good and nice Thai ladies out there (irrespective of what many say in these forums) but never the less tread with caution.

ask her what it's about, is that out of the question? Put her in a slightly uncomfortable situation like the one you are in now. Otherwise you will be stuttering and goggling at their tits all night and nothing will happen.

you might be the "must try a farang" at one time in my life bunk up before she marries her 2nd cousin.

Jump her bones, pop a grand on the bedside table and run out the door. If she calls you up to tell you you left some money by mistake, she's a keeper.

• Like 1

Jump her bones, pop a grand on the bedside table and run out the door. If she calls you up to tell you you left some money by mistake, she's a keeper.

Is that your trick ?cheesy.gif

I'm not man enough to do that. The tip in that vid is gold though. Does it work in a tuk tuk?

Show interest in both girls, but play hard to get..........see how the night goes and propose another dinner date until you suss things out.

Can't really help you at this early stage until you have seen the sister/friend.

Sit back enjoy the company of two beautiful women and just don't do anything stupid.

Is that your trick ?cheesy.gif

I never referred to it as the door test, but I have used it as an evaluation tool many times before. In Thailand, though, I don't think I have ever gone out on a date where my date unlocked my door. So if i still used this test in Thailand as I did in the US, I think I would be spending many lonely evenings.

Of course, now it is a moot point as I have the door-unlock button on my key.

All sorts of things could be going on there nkg. One key factor though is that for many nice Thai girls they are not expected to be alone with a guy, more so probably with a foreigner, hence the company.

As you've guessed it could be either or none of them you're being matched with, plus a possibility it's not a biological sister as wll. Could just be a genuine simple thank you. could be introducing her sister, could be a test for you by presenting someone to see how you react. I have to say on balance tho, Thai ladies with an interest in me in younger days, while they would often bring a chaperone, they didn't usually bring competition! They did sometimes bring a friend who wanted to meet a foreigner, possibly as a boyfriend

Just go along and enjoy and be friendly to both. You probably don't want to be picking one after just a single time either. Remember, also, everyone has a friend, so it doesn't pay to rush anyway. Could be that the girl you would ultimately prefer may ending up being a friend of (a friend of) the sister smile.png

Cultivate the friendship first, and you could will find quite a few more doors opening. So you're natural instinct is the right one, and the next event will hopefully give more of an idea. smile.png

At the end of the day, thank them and say you've had a great time, and would like to catch up again. Then watch the reaction - see whose face lights up most, and whether one of them gives a knowing smile to the other smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile
  • Like 2

Just be yourself. Don't exert yourself. Enjoy your dinner. Eat till you're full filled. Don't be gay or a former-US-vice-president head. And post photos of the sister. If you like the sister, then post a photo of your host.

Chok Dee.

//Sent from my dumb phone//

It's normal for a ''nice'' lady to not be alone with male company as the neighbour hood will talk. smile.png

Yes, I thought that might be part of the reason for sister coming along. Previous dates with "nice girls" have included one of their friends.

I'm puzzled about her efforts to interest me in her sister (in a romantic way), but she does have a very quirky sense of humor. Maybe it helps introduce some "plausible deniability" to any interest she may have in me - "I just wanted you to meet my sister". Hum, trying to second-guess Thai women isn't easy ......

She may be trying to "test" you

it could be a ploy to see how really interested you are in her.

For some reason Thai girls always like to talk up their friends and make themselves less "appealing" but i think its a test to see if you fall for it.

Be careful, it could be a trap. My friend invited me over for dinner on the premise that he knew I liked his sister. The aunt was there. Seriously, she was at least 10-15 years older than me with lots of bling and a new mercedes. I sort of caught on midway through the main course they were trying to fix me up with the auntie. I had a word with him about this after the dinner and he said, that as I am so terrified of having my funds siphoned by younger women that he thought he was helping me out by introducing me to an older woman of means. Besides, I should date someone "my age". What about your sister, I asked. No he replied, and if you so much as get any ideas I'll cut your berries off.....

So be warned, it could be a bait and switch.

Be careful, it could be a trap. My friend invited me over for dinner on the premise that he knew I liked his sister. The aunt was there. Seriously, she was at least 10-15 years older than me with lots of bling and a new mercedes. I sort of caught on midway through the main course they were trying to fix me up with the auntie. I had a word with him about this after the dinner and he said, that as I am so terrified of having my funds siphoned by younger women that he thought he was helping me out by introducing me to an older woman of means. Besides, I should date someone "my age". What about your sister, I asked. No he replied, and if you so much as get any ideas I'll cut your berries off.....

So be warned, it could be a bait and switch.

how could you turn down the deal of a life time to have a sugar mommy??? GK i think you getting oldtongue.png

• Like 1