Rice Wine

meatboy

back in the uk i always used dry sherry instead of rice wine when cooking stir fried dishes rice wine was so expensive,is there any available here[rice wine] i have looked but no joy so far.

What's kind of rice wine you want (TH, CH or JP)? I am in the Netherlands. We have not that many Asian shops comparing to the UK. I think you just go to the Asian shop there and you will find one.

What's kind of rice wine you want (TH, CH or JP)? I am in the Netherlands. We have not that many Asian shops comparing to the UK. I think you just go to the Asian shop there and you will find one.

sorry if i misled you but i live in los,its for cooking mostly used in chinese dishes,alternatives are dry white wine,apple jus dry sherry or the real thing shaoxing rice wine.

Just googled where Thais buy the chinese rice wine (shaoxing ), resulting in just supermarkets. They bought it from in Food land, Tesco Lotus, Villa, Big C, Carrefour etc. (even Makro) .

This chinise rice wine will be at the liquor section of aforementioned supermarkets.

Just googled where Thais buy the chinese rice wine (shaoxing ), resulting in just supermarkets. They bought it from in Food land, Tesco Lotus, Villa, Big C, Carrefour etc. (even Makro) .

This chinise rice wine will be at the liquor section of aforementioned supermarkets.

thanks for that looks like i will have to go to specsavers.rolleyes.gif

the jap rice wine/vinegar is called mirin and is a 'must have' for many dishes either for cooking or to prepare dipping sauces; really can't prepare tempura without it...seems to me that western supermarkets in BKK must stock it...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

the jap rice wine/vinegar is called mirin and is a 'must have' for many dishes either for cooking or to prepare dipping sauces; really can't prepare tempura without it...seems to me that western supermarkets in BKK must stock it...

that justs just about what i need as i use a lot of tempura flour.thanks

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that looks like i will have to go to specsavers.rolleyes.gif

wf.got it yesterday tesco's 159bht.