Is It Posssible To Fly From Chiang Mai To Pattaya?

exeter

I am thinking of visiting Chiang Mai and would then like to fly down to Pattaya, I know the airport fro Pattaya is nearer to Sattahip but are there flights and if so what airline flies the route so I can have a look at timetables and prices? Thanks for any help.

From Chiangmai to Utapao?

Bangkok Airways uses Utapao, but you would have to change before to get there and that would be at Phuket or Ko Samui

Looking at a site I found it looks like it would be better to fly to BKK then taxi onwards, unless we went to Ko Samui rather than than Pattaya.......... thanks for that.

If there was a flight, the price would be quite a bit more and the options quite a bit less. From Utapao to Pattaya proper is at least 45 minutes. From the airport to Pattaya proper is only 45 minutes more. 1200B for a private taxi.

Could fly into Don Muang then take the train to Hua Lamphong, from there must be trains or minivans to Pattaya. Or get off the train at Bang Sue, and take a bus or motorcycle to Mochit Bus Station. There are many ways to get from Downtown Bangkok to Pattaya

Thanks for all the imformation, as there will be 4 of us and 2 with large luggage, motorcycles and mini vans might not be the prefered form of transport, so maybe a coach or taxi from BKK is the one to look into.

Thanks for all the imformation, as there will be 4 of us and 2 with large luggage, motorcycles and mini vans might not be the prefered form of transport, so maybe a coach or taxi from BKK is the one to look into.

You can book a van (minibus) here at very reasonable price : http://www.thelimopattaya.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=561301

Very reliable. Have used them for many years (trips) now as do my friends.

Yermaneewai.gif