Bank Transfer Problem

I tried to send some cash from my Bangkok Bank to Cashplus prepaid credit card in the UK.

The first time I filled in the form, I was given the choice of paying the charges or letting the receiving bank pay - I decide to pay.

I got a call saying that the bank name and sort code didn't match. I went back to the bank and they said I had to rewrite the bank name(which may have been wrong by my error) and also pay all the charges again - Bkk Bank commission and the other bank services. But did they actually do anything? No money was sent!

Anyways, tried again and got another phone call today saying they couldn't do it as the sort code was wrong. The sort code was correct. 08 71 99, which is the Cooperative bank. However when I checked with Cashplus they said to put APS Financial Ltd as the bank name. I'm confused as what to do now. I have managed to send many times from one credit card to this card and also another bank to this cashplus just using the sort code and account number and my name.

My question is, should I have had to pay the charge from the first bank as no money was sent?

Also, is the bank name actually needed?

Any advice as what to do now welcome.

Bank name: APS Financial Ltd

Sort: 08 71 99

Yes the bank name is necessary, but many times the banker will add it one their own if not provided. This is probably against bank policies though.

Unless they told you otherwise, the bank would usually initiate the transfer and then get an error response from the receiving bank saying that the account is unknown or incorrect. Note: in a wire transfer there are two basic parts. The send and the receive. Just because the money was not received does not mean it was not sent and a fee should not be charged.

This is not what you want to hear but, you should use the instructions provided.

Yes the bank name is necessary, but many times the banker will add it one their own if not provided. This is probably against bank policies though.

Unless they told you otherwise, the bank would usually initiate the transfer and then get an error response from the receiving bank saying that the account is unknown or incorrect. Note: in a wire transfer there are two basic parts. The send and the receive. Just because the money was not received does not mean it was not sent and a fee should not be charged.

This is not what you want to hear but, you should use the instructions provided.

Sorry, can you explain more please. Are you saying that I shouldn't have paid the send fee to the Bkk Bank or the recieve fee from the bank in England?

Thanks

You should pay the sending fee's charged by BKK Bank as they have actually initiated the transfers as requested. As you have not received anything you should not and can not be charged any receiving fees.

Sorry, can you explain more please. Are you saying that I shouldn't have paid the send fee to the Bkk Bank or the recieve fee from the bank in England?

Thanks

You should pay the sending fee's charged by BKK Bank as they have actually initiated the transfers as requested. As you have not received anything you should not and can not be charged any receiving fees.

Thanks

So the Bkk Bank owe me 2000 baht!

I wonder how I should get it back?

Contact head office?

What you might do is set up an online transfer/payment link between your UK bank account and your prepaid card, and a BKK cash transfer to your bank current account in the UK.

Yeah, thanks - I already have that but thought I would save money on one transfer, although I don't have internet banking from Bkk Bank to my UK bank.

What you might do is set up an online transfer/payment link between your UK bank account and your prepaid card, and a BKK cash transfer to your bank current account in the UK.

Yeah, thanks - I already have that but thought I would save money on one transfer, although I don't have internet banking from Bkk Bank to my UK bank.

I think it is probably time to cut your losses on what you were trying to do and go the roundabout route.