How Do You Get Your Thai Girlfriend To Save Money?

AngelofDeath

Yes it is very complex.

Don't blow all your money is a complex concept? C'mon.

On the other hand, perhaps it is for you given Matthew 6:34 'Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.'

My favourite

Acts 20:35 ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP hit the nail on the head by saying ' the problem is my girlfriend can't think ahead'. Seems to be a common thing in these parts as most I've met never look further than a week or so ahead, and some no further than tomorrow !

The guy's wasting his time. He's indicated that teaching his girlfriend financial responsibility is the equivalent of teaching quantum physics to a chimp so he might as well bin her cos she's clearly got no respect for him or his goals.

Well said. this is the point I am trying to get across. My interests do in fact include quantum mechanics, particle physics, relativity, advanced mathematics but I would not expect a partner to have any interest or understanding in the subjects. I would however expect them to understand financial responsibility.

• Like 1

The guy's wasting his time. He's indicated that teaching his girlfriend financial responsibility is the equivalent of teaching quantum physics to a chimp so he might as well bin her cos she's clearly got no respect for him or his goals.

Well said. this is the point I am trying to get across. My interests do in fact include quantum mechanics, particle physics, relativity, advanced mathematics but I would not expect a partner to have any interest or understanding in the subjects. I would however expect them to understand financial responsibility.

I wonder if my wife has any thoughts on Cold Dark Matter, or Weakly Interacting Massive Particles.

Although I myself favour the less popular theory of Modified Newtonian Dynamics.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I wonder if my wife has any thoughts on Cold Dark Matter, or Weakly Interacting Massive Particles.

I imagine it would be nice if she did but it's unlikely to be a make or break issue if not. If the issue of the OP is down to language then it is possible to overcome but if it due to other reasons then not so.

It's difficult to change anyone's 'operating system.' Have seen hundreds of examples of folks who have received unexpected wealth (through a few 'flush' years of business, fortunate property sales, inheritance, and yes by marriage... both locals as well as the foreigner/mia foreigner thing) only to 'manage' that wealth right back to where it originally was if not worse.

:)

snip...

We also have a 2 year old daughter thus why i would like to have the stability of a home before she starts school so from there i could make a spare 5 million baht (10K sterling) annually to pay for private schooling.

... snip

you certainly picked the right profile namewhistling.gif

• Like 1

Earlier, a troll post with a flame reply and many replies to that were removed.

Now, a post containing overly derogatory comments toward Thai women has been removed, from the forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

snip...

We also have a 2 year old daughter thus why i would like to have the stability of a home before she starts school so from there i could make a spare 5 million baht (10K sterling) annually to pay for private schooling.

... snip

you certainly picked the right profile namewhistling.gif

Haha 500,000, i'll stick to pounds in future.

Edited by Financiallyilliterate

If i remember right AngelOfDeath posted a little bit ago that his GF requested him to give her a few million baht+business+house for parents in 2years or she'd leave him

This is Thaivisa. What did you expect? The Truthcheesy.gif

Not just Thai visa but the internet as a whole IMO, anyone can come on a forum and make things up and pretend their big earners with big money and unless we really know the people, then how how can we to really know what the truth is.

Me personally,I just take it all with a pinch of salt and it's fun sometimes sussing out the bull shi**ing Walter Mittys of the world.

I'm more than sure theres more than 1 on TV, but hey ho let them have their moment of make believe and let the posters of TV have fun tearing their make believe fantasies apart.

Have fun guys.:rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

If i remember right AngelOfDeath posted a little bit ago that his GF requested him to give her a few million baht+business+house for parents in 2years or she'd leave him

This is Thaivisa. What did you expect? The Truthcheesy.gif

Your are right, this is Thai Visa where most people who don't care about Thai culture or others but to create a place of their own selfishness comments and have no idea of, Thai culture, friendliness or respect of others. I understand that, it is so sad so those who want to learn I will try to teach those who want a wonderful experience in Thailand I will give my real life truth to you. Other forget it.

Fight among each other to get the most responses. I believe in reality.

It would definitely be a no brainer for me. I'd find a new girlfriend. In fact it is so clear to me that I think the OP is a troll.

Yep definately.

Look at me i'm trying to save 3x more a month than you earn and I have a stereotypical girlfriend, what to do?

Have you tried putting the money on a high shelf where she can't reach it?

Edited by jackinbkk
  • Like 2

It would definitely be a no brainer for me. I'd find a new girlfriend. In fact it is so clear to me that I think the OP is a troll.

Yep definately.

Look at me i'm trying to save 3x more a month than you earn and I have a stereotypical girlfriend, what to do?

Have you tried putting the money on a high shelf where she can't reach it?

She'll only ask the OP to buy a step ladder so she can reach it and he'll probably oblige.:)

To the OP, get rid of her.

You will never save 5 to 10 million baht in 2 years, unless you are on a nice expat package.

Many Thais have zero concept of monetary prudence. If they have money in their hands, they will spend it. No thoughts of tomorrow because tomorrow may never come.

If I were in your shoes, I would have bounced her out the door when she first made unrealistic demands for you to provide house(s), cars, etc as payment for her affections.

Cut your losses and move on down the road.

OP,

You just have to say "Bank finit . . . all money gone".

If you want to save money, buy gold, lots of it. 1. Considering global money printing, this would be a good hedge against forthcoming hyperinflation, 2. Thai women love gold.

You'll probably lose more money through inflation by staying in cash over the next few years than she could ever spend.

EDIT: Just read the posts above. Run for your life old boy. Do for thyne self.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

What all this problems mean to me is that it will cause me to reach my goal to earn 5 or 10 millions bahts at a slower rate (over the 2 years timeframe). If your thai girlfriend exhibits similar problems like these, please share your experience whether you succeed in changing these sorts of behaviours and mindsets.

Thank you pals!

Are you really in a position to save 10 laan baht over 2 years? And your gf knowa this - no wonder you're getting ultimatums. Is it all going to end, or are you now in some sisyphean cycle where the next demand awaits?

Be careful. btw - ummm, where you work - are they hiring? :)

Sent from iPhone. Errors in grammar or judgement are excused. Dreadfully sorry. :)

Fight among each other to get the most responses. I believe in reality.

Erm, you "believe" in an invisible man in the sky and use that stick to beat everyone with until they come around to your way of thinking.

You are a dangerous person who is far removed from "reality".

• Like 1

If I found myself in the position of the OP then I would clear out. Someone is going to hurt but I owe it to myself to be happy because without it I am worthless to others. Some posters have suggested a new girlfriend which is an option however, what about being alone without looking for one? See some friend, go do what I want to do WHAT I WANT TO DO for a while and see how it pans out, no rush.

• Like 2

If I found myself in the position of the OP then I would clear out. Someone is going to hurt but I owe it to myself to be happy because without it I am worthless to others. Some posters have suggested a new girlfriend which is an option however, what about being alone without looking for one? See some friend, go do what I want to do WHAT I WANT TO DO for a while and see how it pans out, no rush.

What do you wan't to do? smile.png

What do you wan't to do? smile.png

What I want to do is give to the benefit of others, almost there.

Knowledge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxOiIN_6Ng