Are Name Brands Bought In Higher End Places Real?

grumpyoldman

Patong's Jungceylon has a "New Balance" shop that sells nothing but New Balance (at full price).

If money isn't a big consideration, probably your best chance of getting hold of "the real thing".

That NB shop is long gone nkg. I think one of the bigger sport shops at JC sells NB stuff though...

I once bought LV bag from LV shop in Chitlom, 33 000 baht

After my bag was wrapped up i noticed the authenticity card was not present, so i asked where the card was.

In reply they told me that authenticity card does not come with this model, which was total BS

So i insisted, sales girls rudely kept telling that it does not come with this model, worldwide.

I asked her if she has been anywhere outside of Thailand for her to make comment what happens world wide and if she ever shopped at original LV shop.

At this point she got very aggressive and manager who appeared out of nowhere immediately refunded the money.

Point of this story is, no doubt the store sells original products, BUT also very likely either manager or staff introduce some fakes to make some money on the side.

Did you really think a LV bag could be bought for 33k?...I remember a couple once said to me 'we bought if from a real shop, not one of those market stalls" I asked how much and they said 8,000 Baht...so just how gullible were they to think they could buy a $17,000 bag for $200....

After my bag was wrapped up i noticed the authenticity card was not present, so i asked where the card was.

In reply they told me that authenticity card does not come with this model, which was total BS

So i insisted, sales girls rudely kept telling that it does not come with this model, worldwide.

I asked her if she has been anywhere outside of Thailand for her to make comment what happens world wide and if she ever shopped at original LV shop.

At this point she got very aggressive and manager who appeared out of nowhere immediately refunded the money.

Point of this story is, no doubt the store sells original products, BUT also very likely either manager or staff introduce some fakes to make some money on the side.

Did you really think a LV bag could be bought for 33k?...I remember a couple once said to me 'we bought if from a real shop, not one of those market stalls" I asked how much and they said 8,000 Baht...so just how gullible were they to think they could buy a $17,000 bag for $200....

have you bought anything original from LV? Yeah small bags are 33000baht=$1100

Wow $17,000? The most expensive one I could find is $9,400. http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/eng_US/Collections/Men/Mens-Bags There seems to be a lot at about $1,000

Edited by Jimi007

Wow $17,000? The most expensive one I could find is $9,400. http://www.louisvuit...s/Men/Mens-Bags There seems to be a lot at about $1,000 http://www.louisvuit...s/Men/Mens-Bags

May be he meant Zimbabwean $$$giggle.gif

I cant be the only one who still wouldn't pay 17k for a bag even if i was worth millions?

lol, if you were worth millions you would not think 17k was much

The average millionaire didnt get there by buying 17k handbags

Those who do this end up on reality show and finish completely broke and apearing half naked on TMZ.com or Sports athelete ending up broke 1 year after they'Ve stopped playing while their career earnings are over 100mil

And the rest are trophy wives from guys that cant ever go broke from being in the top 500 richest of the world or being from those old money families.

I cant be the only one who still wouldn't pay 17k for a bag even if i was worth millions? Sounds just as silly as getting HIV on purpose(which some people fantasize about).

Those who do this end up on reality show and finish completely broke and apearing half naked on TMZ.com or Sports athelete ending up broke 1 year after they'Ve stopped playing while their career earnings are over 100mil

And the rest are trophy wives from guys that cant ever go broke from being in the top 500 richest of the world or being from those old money families.

yes i agree with you in theory, however in reality, having gone to a private school filled with millionair kids (i was on scholarship) i can tell you from their perspective its very different.

Some kids in my year got porsches for their 18th birthday.

If you have $100 000, you will buy $100 item and not worry, for someone with $1000 its crazy to spend $100,

You see what i mean?smile.png

I cant be the only one who still wouldn't pay 17k for a bag even if i was worth millions?

people with money who inherit it tend to waste money and it does not take them long to be poor again

People who have worked hard for there money do not waste it, its to hard to earn it so you have a good life

One thing i woke up to a long time ago is, they take the shoes out of a manufacturers box for you to try on

when you decide to purchase some shops put them back into the box and bag them and some shops do not

give you the box, These are probably copies and they need the box to put another copy pair in

Patong's Jungceylon has a "New Balance" shop that sells nothing but New Balance (at full price).

If money isn't a big consideration, probably your best chance of getting hold of "the real thing".

That NB shop is long gone nkg. I think one of the bigger sport shops at JC sells NB stuff though...

That's too bad - don't go to Jungceylon very often, and I'm no fan of shopping. I didn't actually buy any of the shoes from the New Balance store, I think I know the sports shop you mean though. I bought some NB trainers at the sports shop because they were on sale, 1800 baht I think, still in good working order a couple of years later (I'm no fan of jogging either ...).

Edited by nkg