Old Focus Or New Focus?

Already discussed this with Ezeergood but has anyone else heard what Ford are now offering for the 'outgoing' model Ford Focus Sport+?

There must now be at least one redundant Demo car in each showroom?

Thanks

Well, as to me, I was offered 10 k discount + a number of accessories. And the classics of course (registration cost etc).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I saw the Focus Sport+ and liked it, although it looked really dated.

I reckon the dealer would have to do a lot better than some extra's

an a 10 000 baht discount to get my attention.

Especially since there is such a big change with the new models.

Regards

Will

That is correct. In the end, I decided not to buy it, mainly because of the gas consumption and dated looks (and also the fact that it was virtually impossible to obtain the least test drive in any of the dealerships I visited).

At that level of gas use, I could get a SUV (helpful in those days where it is flooded because of rain). I tested a Ford Escape, and that was really an easy to drive car, with good handling and very smooth... Right now it is a toss up between this and the Pajero Sport. With a heavy push, I was offered a reverse camera, dvd set and all the stuff for the Escape, which makes it more attractive. Furthermore, the 0 % interest rate over 4 yrs (special Ford offer to get rid of the Filipino stock of Escapes) also caught my attention, as it allows not to block too much money on a monthly basis.

The one big issue is the highly likely hit this SUV will take on resale value when the new Escape reaches Thailand next year. If I can stay in Thailand for 4 years, then it is is not much of an issue all rounded up.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already discussed this with Ezeergood but has anyone else heard what Ford are now offering for the 'outgoing' model Ford Focus Sport+?

There must now be at least one redundant Demo car in each showroom?

Thanks

Well, as to me, I was offered 10 k discount + a number of accessories. And the classics of course (registration cost etc).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I saw the Focus Sport+ and liked it, although it looked really dated.

I reckon the dealer would have to do a lot better than some extra's

an a 10 000 baht discount to get my attention.

Especially since there is such a big change with the new models.

Regards

Will

That is correct. In the end, I decided not to buy it, mainly because of the gas consumption and dated looks (and also the fact that it was virtually impossible to obtain the least test drive in any of the dealerships I visited).

At that level of gas use, I could get a SUV (helpful in those days where it is flooded because of rain). I tested a Ford Escape, and that was really an easy to drive car, with good handling and very smooth... Right now it is a toss up between this and the Pajero Sport. With a heavy push, I was offered a reverse camera, dvd set and all the stuff for the Escape, which makes it more attractive. Furthermore, the 0 % interest rate over 4 yrs (special Ford offer to get rid of the Filipino stock of Escapes) also caught my attention, as it allows not to block too much money on a monthly basis.

The one big issue is the highly likely hit this SUV will take on resale value when the new Escape reaches Thailand next year. If I can stay in Thailand for 4 years, then it is is not much of an issue all rounded up.

I wouldn't be counting my chickens re: the escape coming next year, unless you hear something official from ford. Look how slow the ranger 3.2 is - that would surely affect the availability of the new everest too.

Possible re. late coming of Escape 2012 to Thailand...

However, the production of the current Escape will certainly be discontinued at the end of this year in the Philippines as Ford is closing their factory over there.

Just for those interested, there seems to be a shortage of Mitsu on the market in Thailand: I am currently quoted on average 3 months waiting period.

Just picked up my wife's new 2012 Ford Focus Sport + in Bangkok and drove it back to Rayong. First impressions of the car is that its really a quality piece of kit. The doors are heavy and shut with a reassuring thunk. Its got stacks of gadgets on it but so far they seem quite intuitive. The Sony sound system is pretty impressive. There is no key which is a bit strange. You can lock and open the doors by tracing your finger over a sensor near the door handle. On the move the 170bhp engine is very quiet. You don't notice speed very much as it seems very planted and stable. The engine feels like it has plenty of power and the auto box has a good kick down. I'll take some pics tomorrow. The funny thing is my wife hasn't driven it yetbiggrin.png

Interested to know how your getting on with your car as still no word on when I will get mine hopefully before the end of this month. Did you get any photos and did you try the 0-100?

Cheers

Saw the top of the range Focus today.

It looks sensational and has a load of features.

The dealer in Chiang Rai also had a few old models

which I think will be hard to move. Especially with 2

new 1.6 models mooted for January starting from 759 000 Baht.

It may even have a knock on affect for Feista sales. Unless you

specifically wanted a smaller hatch, you get a lot more bang for your

buck with the Focus at not a lot extra.

Regards

Will

I've attached some pics of my wife's new Focus below. She's finally wrestled the keys from me and she loves it. We've just had a weekend break in Khao Yai and the car performed really well. It's very fast (for a mainstream Thai car), the brakes are excellent and its good on fuel. I like the fact that you use the keyless entry and the mirrors automatically fold out and the lights turn on as you approach the car. The seats are very comfortable and hold you in place when you attack the corners. So far so good. It looks like I might end up joining the long waiting list for a 3.2 4x4 Ranger.

post-17907-0-57470300-1344261111_thumb.j

post-17907-0-31771600-1344261131_thumb.j

post-17907-0-19090200-1344261159_thumb.j

post-17907-0-88658100-1344261183_thumb.j

I've attached some pics of my wife's new Focus below. She's finally wrestled the keys from me and she loves it. We've just had a weekend break in Khao Yai and the car performed really well. It's very fast (for a mainstream Thai car), the brakes are excellent and its good on fuel. I like the fact that you use the keyless entry and the mirrors automatically fold out and the lights turn on as you approach the car. The seats are very comfortable and hold you in place when you attack the corners. So far so good. It looks like I might end up joining the long waiting list for a 3.2 4x4 Ranger.

Looks very nice in Black mate I have ordered silver for a change and with your comments on how good it is (for a Thai made car) I am looking forward when I get home to take it ouit for a spin as looks like the Mrs will get to drive it first unless its not delivered yet as apparantly the silver colour is not ready yet whistling.gif

Fingers crossed for the ST or RS in the next few years that would be brilliant.

• Like 1

I've been offered a demo for around 700,000 cash. Tempted!

I guess it depends on a few things like how quick do you need a car,

how long you want to keep it for etc etc.

Do you really like the cars or just the price?

Personally, I couldn't/wouldn't buy the old model after seeing the new

ones. Especially with the 1.6's starting at 759 000 in Jan 2013.

Still, it's a good car for that price.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

But the new one has been an old model for 2 years in the UK hasn't it! LOL!

I do understand your thoughts but I do like the model and a 2 litre engine too. Most UK ralIy schools use these in unaltered roadgoing form, so I guess they can not be too bad. I might be proved wrong but a 1.6 Focus might be gutless ???? We will have to wait and see.

I have never bought a car whilst thinking about resale, just suitability to my needs at that point in time. 1.6 Fiesta is a great car but as it will be our only mode of transport, I feel we need something a little bigger.

Anyways, there are no right or wrongs, just that is my personal thoughts on the matter.

Edited by DILLIGAD

I do understand your thoughts but I do like the model and a 2 litre engine too. Most UK ralIy schools use these in unaltered roadgoing form, so I guess they can not be too bad. I might be proved wrong but a 1.6 Focus might be gutless ???? We will have to wait and see.

I have never bought a car whilst thinking about resale, just suitability to my needs at that point in time. 1.6 Fiesta is a great car but as it will be our only mode of transport, I feel we need something a little bigger.

Anyways, there are no right or wrongs, just that is my personal thoughts on the matter.

Actually, I do understand your point of view. Running after the last/latest can also be a fool's errand, because you have to make the decision at a point in time, and there will always be something new coming up thereafter. Up to you to take the car you feel the most at ease with.

Re. the Fiesta, I believe you would be better off in case of accident with a Focus... Old or new.

Regards

Will

I'm hearing you, no right or wrong answer.

That's a hell of a lot of car for 700 00 Baht I must say.

Let us know how you go.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

It depends on the weight but the base model focus with manual gearing could be fun to drive - there isn't much difference between the 1.4 mt fiesta and the 1.6 auto fiesta - thing the 1.4 is quicker actually. It would then depend then on what goodies are dropped from the mt focus, as it's quite cheap.

Did anyone come across a english manual for the Thai version ? I found a manual for an US version but they are not 100% the same.

I think you'll have to contact Ford directly and not the dealer. You need the Australian version as that appears to be a similar spec to the Thai version. The fuel consumption of my wife's 2012 Focus seems very good.

Just took delivery of my new ford focus 2012 model. I must say im real happy with it. I hope the millage will be not too bad. But it certainly drives good.

What colour did you get and where did you get it from? I'm still waiting on my Silver one from Pattaya showroom be interested to know.

Cheers

Dezy

Just took delivery of my new ford focus 2012 model. I must say im real happy with it. I hope the millage will be not too bad. But it certainly drives good.

What colour did you get and where did you get it from? I'm still waiting on my Silver one from Pattaya showroom be interested to know.

Cheers

Dezy

Blue and i got it near my home in Nothaburi a little outside of BKK. It was full of new fords and they were delivering them all over. I ordered it 24 july. So all in all not a long wait.

Cheers

Dezy

Blue and i got it near my home in Nothaburi a little outside of BKK. It was full of new fords and they were delivering them all over. I ordered it 24 july. So all in all not a long wait.

Thanks for the info I ordered mine on the 18th July, think I will give them a call tomorrow see what the hold up is!

• 3 weeks later...

Let us know how you go.

Regards

Will

Will

I ended up getting it cheaper than a 1.6 Fiesta. Car ready to be picked up when I have cash available in a couple of days time. I chose the orange colour because it seems to be a rare choice seeing as its not listed on the (outgoing) Fucus brochures or ford website.

My dealer has still got 3 others left too!

Let us know how you go.

Regards

Will

Will

I ended up getting it cheaper than a 1.6 Fiesta. Car ready to be picked up when I have cash available in a couple of days time. I chose the orange colour because it seems to be a rare choice seeing as its not listed on the (outgoing) Fucus brochures or ford website.

My dealer has still got 3 others left too!

That's a great buy mate, well done.

I saw a red/burnt orange one in Chiang Mai and it looked great.

The dealer in Chiang Rai didn't even want to talk about the old

models they have in stock as they're really pushing the new one.

Thanks for giving us all an update.

Regards

Will

I like the new Focus, but what are the dealers like near you? I bought a Ranger last year and the salesmen and mechanics are complete buffoons. Really bad. The salesmen couldn't tell what Rangers had airbags in, even after looking in the cars. Any problems are just not fixable, really pisses me off. On my Ranger open cab the carpet has slide down at the back. Twice I have asked them to fix it. Their answer is 'can not, have no glue' . Well go and fuc_king buy some then!.

No me hanically problems, just minor irritating cosmetic ones, but always the same response. Cannot because Im fuc_king retarded.

Sorry for the profanity but as I wrote this I was getting more and more annoyed by those fuc_king stupid moronic douche bags at ford near me.

fuc_king idiots!