Mango Chutney And Branston Pickle ?

Boyce

Hi there all,

anyone got a good recipe for making mango chutney, i would like to make some, also i want to make some Branston type pickle.

Any ideas please.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Boyce

Speaking of chutney, I would kill for the West Indian style mango chutney.

Looks simple enough http://www.scribd.com/doc/48710923/Mango-Chutney-Recipe-West-Indian-Style

This one looks almost to be a confiture, but looks interesting enough. We are surrounded by Mango trees so this could well be a good idea this weekend......

Interesting take on that one. The other recipe had red wine vinegar. No cardoman mentioned. When garlic cloves are mentioned, we are talking about an entire garlic clove, not the pieces of garlic? Sorry, need a real explanation there.

A garlic clove is an individual piece of garlic. The whole thing is referred to as a "head" of garlic - not a clove.

Thanks. I will make it this weekend and post pics.

Meatboy, got pics?

sorry but i cant get to grips with pics.i am making some more this weekend goner add some garam masala this time and also keep my eye on the liquid and a little more chilli powder.my mrs just finnished the last lot with chicken said its better left for a few weeks.

Thanks for your replies , very helpfull i will give it a go this weekend..but has for the plum chutney i have never seen plums for sale in thailand,but it looks a nice chutney to make.

• 1 month later...

Totally off topic but I love the word "chutney". It always makes me chuckle for some reason.

I always thought "Mango Chutney" would be a great name for a 60's acid rock band. "Yo, duude, Creams playing at Enormo Dome next month, Mango Chutney's opening for 'em."

• 2 weeks later...

My nan used to make picalilli and pan yan (pretty much Branston which I don't like). I've done picallilli a few times, will ask mam next time I speak to her to see if she has it written down or remembers - quite possible; she couldn't tell you what happened Corrie week, but she knows the Provy number, the Store number and all the extended families' ration book numbers

Sent from my Sony Tablet Shoe Phone

Edited by Konini