PM Yingluck Abroad On Decision Day: Charter Amendment Verdict

webfact

D-DAY

PM abroad on decision day

THE NATION

30185835-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will be attending the Asean-US Business Council in Cambodia on Friday when the Constitution Court delivers its verdict in the charter amendment case.

She will be a keynote speaker at the gathering of businesspeople from the United States and Asean countries in Cambodia's Siem Reap province. However, the prime minister did not appear worried about the imminent court decision.

"I have to stay focused on my duty. I have a mission to complete," Yingluck said. She added, however, that she would be following the court decision in Cambodia.

Yingluck has been invited to the council meeting by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who is leading the US mission to the gathering.

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul said Yingluck will leave Bangkok for Siem Reap at 3pm on Friday and will have a discussion with her Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen before giving the speech. It is aimed at restoring the confidence of Asean and American businesspeople in investment in Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-10

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps....... in the vain of reconciliation, the spirit of working together and finally taking overall consideration of others into play, the esteemed court, could be so kind as to inquire as to when her importantness will be available and back in Thailand as to be able to be in attendance , and then the court would make the announcement at this much more convenient time.

After all we all know how much she would want to be in attendance.

I think just a nice re conciliatory type of gesture on the part of the court.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul said Yingluck will leave Bangkok for Siem Reap at 3pm on Friday

Just wondering, what time will the court read it's verdict ?

Perhaps....... in the vain of reconciliation, the spirit of working together and finally taking overall consideration of others into play, the esteemed court, could be so kind as to inquire as to when her importantness will be available and back in Thailand as to be able to be in attendance , and then the court would make the announcement at this much more convenient time.

whistling.gif

1. The court should remain independant and it should be seen to be independant.

2, Given her track record, seems to me she will ensure she is abent on whatever date they hand down their verdict.

3. Sorry can't agree at all that the court should be making 'reconciliatory' gestures. In fact IMHO 'reconciliation' as espoused by the pt, udd, reds etc is a smokscreen for whitewash of one man. In relaity what would get the wonderful country back on a healthy road it toal respect for the law and the processes of the law.

• Like 2

"I have to stay focused on my duty. I have a mission to complete," Yingluck said.

Yingluck's very own Mission Impossible.

"This one-policy, democratic-facade sham-party will self-destruct in five seconds."

ph34r.png

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

whistling.gif

2, Given her track record, seems to me she will ensure she is abent on whatever date they hand down their verdict.

3. Sorry can't agree at all that the court should be making 'reconciliatory' gestures. In fact IMHO 'reconciliation' as espoused by the pt, udd, reds etc is a smokscreen for whitewash of one man. In relaity what would get the wonderful country back on a healthy road it toal respect for the law and the processes of the law.

He was joking.

whistling.gif

He was joking.

RE quote 2)

Absence seems to be the the family trait.. wasn't her brother also abroad when the court handed down his verdict ??

• Like 1

Yingluck has been invited to the council meeting by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton..

I wonder if that will include a little 1on1 meeting to clarify just what her duty to Thailand might actually be ??

whistling.gif

It would be so cool if the court stated on Friday 'The court ruling is delayed until such time as the Prime Minister graces the nation with her presence for such an important decision'.

It would be very kind and respectful if the court could wait till our prime beauty is back.

Abroad?

Remember Thaksin last went abroad? he never returns.

I smell another coup. The 2012 good coup.

he last went abroad when he jumped bail.

He came back after the coup.

Abroad?

Remember Thaksin last went abroad? he never returns.

I smell another coup. The 2012 good coup.

You can't beat a good coup. Parties on the street, flowers for the soldiers, photo oportunities on the tanks for the girls and Thaksin gibbering away on Al Jazeera

• Like 2

Now, come on, she doesn't need to be there to hear the verdict, what for?

That and the issue of her lack of leadership and avoidance of parliament and any sort or form of public debate are different things. She is not needed or required to sit in court to hear the verdict and harping on that only serves to throw chaff to those who would cling to the smallest, most rotten piece of straw to defend her pathetic "premiership".

• Like 1

Now, come on, she doesn't need to be there to hear the verdict, what for?

That and the issue of her lack of leadership and avoidance of parliament and any sort or form of public debate are different things. She is not needed or required to sit in court to hear the verdict and harping on that only serves to throw chaff to those who would cling to the smallest, most rotten piece of straw to defend her pathetic "premiership".

If it were her only absence, that would not be noticed, or that would be understood.

Problem is that she is ALWAYS away when something happens here. Photo ops, handy craft thing, flood areas tour, etc, etc...

• Like 1

whistling.gif

He was joking.

Point taken.