Thailand's Cleanest Toilets Recognised: 2011 Toilet Award

webfact

was not one of the sons of the Great Chalerm responsible for the toilets of Thailand?

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan Yoobamrung

30070474-01.jpg

A picture says a thousand turds words.

When I was a child I used to dream about being an astronaut or an explorer. Never once do I recall wanting to be involved with flush toilets.

Maybe being involved with flush toilets is the catalyst to achieving what ever we wish to achieve.

That is why you never became an astronaut.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I find sub-optimal is places like Tesco Lotus there is a line of sinks in the bathroom, but curiously only one has a soap dispenser. This arrangement is common in brand new, modern bathrooms at various places. I don't get it.

It's all based on hand-washing statistics. rolleyes.gif

Really ?

My Tesco is really clean ! thumbsup.gif

Watching all of the comments here.. and others, amazing how foreigners comment on stuff as if they were actually resident.

[...]

Welcome to the forum! You may be surprised to find that many people who comment here do actually live in Thailand.

@Sam, So very true ! wai.gif

This from a person who actually does live here !

was not one of the sons of the Great Chalerm responsible for the toilets of Thailand?

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan Yoobamrung

30070474-01.jpg

When I was a child I used to dream about being an astronaut or an explorer. Never once do I recall wanting to be involved with flush toilets.

Did you dream about going to Uranus?

Edited by BeerMoney

30070474-01.jpg

I am very disappointed that there are no traditional one-liners being used on this story i.e. "and now he is flushed with success", or "What's his bottom price" or "Who's pulling his chain" or " He's got a bum job promoting toilets"

Note to self "Must get a life"coffee1.gif

"A total of 159 public toilets across the country have been honoured as good examples." cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

How do you honour a bog? .....

-mel.

You kneel in front of it & poor your heart out.. or lungs depending how much you've had to drink !!

& they obviously failed to visit the "long drop" at our local temple!!

30070474-01.jpg

I am very disappointed that there are no traditional one-liners being used on this story i.e. "and now he is flushed with success", or "What's his bottom price" or "Who's pulling his chain" or " He's got a bum job promoting toilets"

Note to self "Must get a life"coffee1.gif

Is that the Bottom story?

• Like 1

The toilets in our homepro are awesome...even a suggestion box and they have awards.....and bum guns.

post-147906-0-22704300-1341905499_thumb.

post-147906-0-78907000-1341905407_thumb.

Me and the kids left suggestion....toilet suggestions as requested.

Edited by samsiam

A sad reflection on the state of a nation when this is a news item! I am amazed Yingluck hasn't done a runner to Australia before such an announcement.

They also have these awards in UK - http://www.loo.co.uk/. And probably in many other countries. It's no reflection at all on the state of a nation. It's for people that manage/look after toilets.

• Like 2

Watching all of the comments here.. and others, amazing how foreigners comment on stuff as if they were actually resident. When you look for a toilet use some good hotel or something.. I have seen some toilets in the UK & Europe are worse !

Ooops sorry, I travelled extensively in Thailand for a month and came home 2 weeks ago, Ok if I comment?

A sad reflection on the state of a nation when this is a news item! I am amazed Yingluck hasn't done a runner to Australia before such an announcement.

They also have these awards in UK - http://www.loo.co.uk/. And probably in many other countries. It's no reflection at all on the state of a nation. It's for people that manage/look after toilets.

Indeed!

I hope this is a preface of things to come.

If they can clean up toilets, and give special honours for it, then maybe there may be a continuation into the HoParliament.

There's plenty of turds, and other things full of shit, that need wiping away in there - and all the more commended if an award goes with it!

-mel.

One thing I find sub-optimal is places like Tesco Lotus there is a line of sinks in the bathroom, but curiously only one has a soap dispenser. This arrangement is common in brand new, modern bathrooms at various places. I don't get it.

It's all based on hand-washing statistics. rolleyes.gif

10 sinks and 1 soap dispenser........1 in 10 wash their hands...ermm.gif

1 in 10 piss on there handswhistling.gif

I walked away from a urinal once and headed straight for the door...a guy asked if I was 'not going to wash my hands'.....told him I had only touched my dick and its clean...so why the need to wash ??