Does My Non-Thai Daughter Need A Visa Before She Can Leave Thailand?

My daughter was born in Thailand last year. Her parents aren't Thai, father is English and mother is Fillopina, so my daughter is not a Thai national. My daughters British passport has now arrived and we intend to fly back to the UK early next month.

Do I need to obtain a visa for our daughter before she can leave?

Or, can we arrive at the airport to leave Thailand, with just her Thai birth certificate and British passport, without obtaining a visa?

This is my daughters first trip outside Thailand since her birth. I do know that as a foreign national she will need a visa to re-enter Thailand.

Regards.

She will not need a visa when she leaves. Showing her passport and birth certificate will be enough.

She will need a visa when she returns or just a 30 day entry. There is no overstay for children so if want to she can remain in Thailand without a visa.

Dependent upon your status here I would suggest getting an o-visa for her while in the UK and then an extension of stay at immigration.

Thanks for replies. I did try to go to immigration to get clarification but they are currently swamped with hundreds of burmese making visa applicants everyday. And I didn't want to leave it to late.

Status: I am legally working here with a NON-B and work permit. I do have a re-entry stamp in my passport, which I always obtain at the same time as I renew my extension of stay. My employer has supplied all the documents that, as far as I'm aware, I need to apply for a visa at the Thai Consulate in the UK for my daughter to accompany me on our return.

Regards.

Thanks Lopburi

I am based In Surat-Thani and we only have one immigration office. But thanks for the update on where to go in Bangkok, should I have any issues and need to go there before we fly out.

Regards

Thanks Lopburi

I am based In Surat-Thani and we only have one immigration office. But thanks for the update on where to go in Bangkok, should I have any issues and need to go there before we fly out.

Regards

There are two immigrations in Suratthani.

On in central Suratthani and one on Koh Samui.