Convert Flac Files

samsiam

lol Flac, why do you guys bother? ......... 192 VBR is all you need

It may be all you need, but it doesn't suit me.

I can easily hear the difference between any bitrate of mp3 and flac (or other lossless methods). In fact a large amount of my audio is SACD and the difference between that and regular CD is pretty astounding as well.

I'll give foobar a look first.

I can only tell the diff a little bit between flac and an mp3...but think that is my personal tone deaf issues.

I downloaded an album and it was in flac...so need to convert it to go to cd for my car.....still old fashioned in the car with cd player only.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/

use it all the time, easy to use.

Dowloaded this one...after downloading Foobar...but it is only a player...if it converts to mp3...buggered if I know how.

Which parts did you download, all the options?

Follow the above link, on the top LH side click audio, next page top RH side Switch

Dunno...whatever it told me to do......done and dusted anyway and converted all the files I wanted done....so worked fine thanks

Conversion in Foobar is very easy. Right-click on the file: convert. Select the desired options of course.

Bugger...didn't see that when I did click on it....but did use 'open with' and then Foobar....but only opened it play...not convert and nothing to indicate convert that I could see.

Never mind, thanks anyway.

Bugger...didn't see that when I did click on it....but did use 'open with' and then Foobar....but only opened it play...not convert and nothing to indicate convert that I could see.

Once you have opened the file in Foobar, just right-click on it in the Foobar playlist window. All the options are there.

Why do you want to convert?

FLAC is a lossless compression, MP3 is not.

If you care about quality then set the MP3 bit rate as high a possible

Cos as stated....I want to put it on a cd for in the car....my player does not play flacs.....tried already.

By far the best, most simple and useful tool for this, and many other audio conversions, at least from what I have seen, is "dBpoweramp music converter". You have to buy it, but anything that is actually good you usually do. However, if you do a search on kickass torrents you may have some luck finding a free trial copy or something, not that I would know, just a guess smile.png

Edited by meand

My notepad program on my laptop is good too, but i'd prefer to use word for more complex operations. Having said that, the foobar does appear to be up to par, but I have never used a program as beautiful as that dbpoweramp, can't say enough good things.

that foobar thing.....loaded it again as could not copy the converted flac files to cd on the windows media player burner...so tried to convert again with foobar and crikey...no idea....right clicked on it but then god knows what or where to go.

So reverted to Nemo to burn the cd and that worked ok....but seems with nemo cannot fit as many mp3's on it as when using windows media player.

As an example...2 cd's I burnt in last 2 weeks....first one had 91 files on it and all copied onto the cd using windows...the total file size was almost exactly 700mb, the size of a cd.

So trying to do the same tonight and put a pile of songs on the cd....the file size was only 250 onn kb and when written across from nemo to the cd...it filled it up ??

I have no idea how this shit works really.....just click and burn...click and burn..