Foreign Diplomats Urge Thai Government To Tackle Tourist Scams

webfact

What a ridiculous article!

I think these countries would be much better served, if they urge there citizens not to come to Thailand at all. Now that will get some reaction from these children (Thai Government).

Are you going to recommend a destination that has the same things to offer as Thailand and no scams.

Vietnam.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will it change anything ? NO of course .... As the corrupted police is a lot of involved in those scams nothing will stop . The only possible change would be when the amount of tourists bored to be seen as walking wallets will stop to come here.

Well I agree with you that it will not change any thing. But it does let the Thai government know that they are being watched. While they may not be in fact aren't the smartest in the world they are not dumb enough (I think) to completely ignore it.

As far as being seen as a walking wallet. That is common the world over in tourist destinations.

Wanna bet?

Most countries respect the fact the tourists create jobs and earn foreign currency, going out of their way to protect tourists, in many cases from themselves

Thailand is the polar opposite. Tourists are a necessary evil at best and fair game for all comers

Institutionalized dual pricing is an obvious manifestation of where tourists sit in the Thai government agenda

Sting them once and sting them well is the name of the game

• Like 2

It don´t helps so long as the police are so corrupt and take every day tea-money to their

own pocket. Also you can buy you free through pay the police.

That is the biggest scam in Thailand.

• Like 1

As I wrote yesterday,when a country/culture is that entrenched in corruption on such a wide scale it then becomes quite apparent how conditioned everybody here just accepts it as every day normality within thai society....I don't believe they think they are doing anything wrong to tell you the truth and the 'saving face' mentality means no one will break from the pack!!Larry Cunningham in Phuket has been pi..ing against a force 10 gale for years...the extended thai family just stretches too far unfortunately!!!

But if they stop these tourist scams the foreigners may also ask to stop land "purchase" scams, lawyer scams, police scams, bank scams, shopping scams, house "ownership" scams, bar scams, Thai staff scams, "Thai wife" scams and even "love scams" next. And how would Thailand "benefit" from foreigners then? By honest business? Hahahaha .. that would be the end of the Amazing Land of Miracle Smiles giggle.gif

I think these countries would be much better served, if they urge there citizens not to come to Thailand at all. Now that will get some reaction from these children (Thai Government).

Are you going to recommend a destination that has the same things to offer as Thailand and no scams.

Besides cheap hookers, everything else can be found elsewhere, with better quality and fewer scams. Well, there are lots of other places with cheap hookers, so Thailand is not even unique in that category. Where? Spin the globe and throw a dart.

• Like 1

Yeah mate, Its called Australia.

• Like 1

So the foreign diplomats are referring to the same scams as their citizens pull off back home: Double pricing for tourists, claiming damage and so on. You really need to have balls to bring it up as a foreign diplomat....

Cough, cough, bullshit. You must have had you daily dose of koolaid today.

So the foreign diplomats are referring to the same scams as their citizens pull off back home: Double pricing for tourists, claiming damage and so on. You really need to have balls to bring it up as a foreign diplomat....

Not everyone comes from a third world country. You need to get out more.

Assuming that the Thai Gov have been aware about tourist scams for many years what makes foreign diplomats think that their URGES will change anything,

Disappointing that the Thai Gov have to wait for Foreign URGES to take Tourist abuse seriously

I wonder if they listed the Scam problems that they are currently aware of?

Where was (USA) Kenney?

post-37101-0-28896500-1342002318_thumb.j

I think the u%s is in a league of its own, JT. They're scamming the entire world.

here here!!

Right; because the average Joe in the US has it so good......guess you haven't been to the states for awhile......

How many Mcdonalds does your country have in it? KFC's? How many other American companies?

If its so bad then why doesn't your country kick them out? Why doesn't your country publicly denounce the US?

Answer; too many people in your country like it that way.

Why don't you complain to them then instead? Tosserbah.gif

• Like 1

"Mr Suwat responded to the calls by saying that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed Deputy Prime Minister, Chalerm Yubamrung, who is in charge of security affairs, to devise measures to tackle the issue in a swift manner."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think Mr. Chalerm knows a lot about Scam.

thumbsup.gif

"Mr Suwat responded to the calls by saying that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed Deputy Prime Minister, Chalerm Yubamrung, who is in charge of security affairs, to devise measures to tackle the issue in a swift manner."

I was about to make exactly your response, giggle.gif until I read down....

He's the &*#ker who controls all the ruddy scams, and she recommends him to devise measures. He already has, to cover his own ass and beneficial income... it's called the Pattaya/Phuket/Kho Phi Phi police constabulary - under the pseudonym - His Majesty's Bangkok Police. :o

-m. clap2.gif

I think Mr. Chalerm knows a lot about Scam.

Mr Suwat responded to the calls by saying that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed Deputy Prime Minister, Chalerm Yubamrung, who is in charge of security affairs, to devise measures to tackle the issue in a swift manner.

The Ministry has also been requested to provide these embassies with updates on the government’s increasing efforts to fight crimes against tourists.

Mr Suwat elaborated that the ministry is urging local tourism operators to refrain from scam practices as Thailand’s reputation as an attractive tourist destination can be severely jeopardized.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifviolin.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Now come on you guys, stop ripping off the tourist so much, I'm coping a lot of shit about it. !! There's enough to go around for everyone ... don't be so greedy !crazy.gif

• Like 2

Lets be real, overpricing is not a scam, happens in first world countries just as much. I think hotel prices in cities such as London, Paris, Copenhagen etc are the real scams.

The Thais need to get those beach and jetski thugs of the beach and insist on better safety regulations for hotels and restaurants, but that's about it. Thailand is still not a dangerous country to travel to.

• Like 2

What is it that Thailand has to offer that is so great?

Is it all the polluted beches and national parks?

Is it the easy transportaion, that you take your life in own hands every time you step into a bus, van or taxi?

Is it getting poisoned in your hotel room?

Maybe getting food poisoning, thats always worthy of a return trip.

You tell me and I will give you a list of other places.

I am not saying there is not scams everywhere. Of course there is. is what I am saying is trying to get this government from the local to executive to do somthing. Maybe just try and enforce a law that is inplace.

Gosh! Been coming to Thailand for years and have had none of these terrible things happen to me. Must be doing something wrong.......

The truth is that too many tourists are ending up in hospitals or going home freight class.

Couple that with the people who fall foul of the law, drunks, fights, girl issues and scams and broke tourists and the embassies must be flat out

• Like 1

Law and order? With this family run police force? Under this government? With Chalerm at the helm?

Look at what the criminal UDD leaders get away with on a daily basis.

Robbing , murdering and raping tourists is petty crime to this administration

True this govrrnment has a problem defining corruption! Let alone adressing it. All they can do is take the approach of a cigarette company- puz a slogan saying that smoking can damage your health! And for those who do not heed to it they profit fully from it. Ask the police they will display justice daily around mid day

YES CLACTON ! giggle.gif

No - I offer somewhere much better - BURMA