Jomtien Immigration

bobobo

Hallo all BM:s

I'm sorry if I'm bring up a subject the maybe "has been taking care" before. I'm now staying in Khao Lak. I have been following the discussions about Immigration office in Phuket. And it's not nice to read the comments about that immigration office. You give Your 2000 baht expect a 100 baht back, but nothings happens. If You don't give the tea money You have to wait for hours and top of that a very bad reception from the officers I want to know if it is the same problem in Jomtien.Because I'm going to move to Jomtien and I'm going to make my next 90-day "check" in Jomtien. I just want be prepared what to expect..

Have a nice evening!

/B

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can hardly believe what you're writing!

As for Jomtien I never ever had to wait for my change.

I hand over the requestet amount and get back the change

instantly.

Neither had any problems there nor heard about such an

incident!

Well sorry to disappoint but I renewed my Ret Visa yesterday at Jomtien and picked it up today and the 100 baht change was NOT returned either day.

This was the first time this has happened and it may have been a mistake or an oversight on their part but still p___ssed me off.

Never had a problem at Jomtien immigration.

The queuing system is excellent (unless you get stuck behind someone who has arrived with 50 or so passports for 90-day reports. BTW- I notice that these people always put a bank note in the "charity" box).

Desk staff check all your documents before you get into the queue and let you know if you need an extra copy of this or that.

I've always been given my 100 baht change - but if you are worried about it, just bring the correct amount with you.

It's only happened to me once at Jomtien. The lady took the money and clearly had no intention of offering change. I had to ask and she reluctantly complied.

But that's better than the first time I applied for a retirement extension, when they were formerly at Pattaya Soi 8 -- After explaining all the vagaries of the retirement visa to me, she told me to bring back a bottle of Black-Label when I returned for my passport. Being a newbie, I dutifully complied. Later, a friend told me that had been a normal practice in the past, but was supposed to have been stopped.

I've done a visa extension at Jomtien immigration and received change back automatically. No problem.

last time i did mine, i was asked three times at the three desks if i had my change back

maybe the new super is tightening up on these things.......

If Jomtien is an issue, try Sriracha a few miles north. Easy access into the office and no problems with getting the correct change back.

What a great idea. Let's travel 70 km round trip to save 100 baht.

Getting change is not a problem at Jomtien. I cannot count how many extensions I've done, but must be over 40 by now and got my change back every time.

I've found Jomtien to be quite professional.. albeit a little overcrowded at times.

Your 100 baht always comes back stapled to the receipt.

There are opportunities to pay tea money for certain services there called "Special stamp" but in general it seems a well run outfit.

I did two retirement extensions of stay at the Jomtien office and got my change back each times. On the other hand, correct change can head off many potential problems in Thailand smile.png

I have never once paid exactly 1900 baht and I have never once had a problem getting chance.

Maybe a dumb question but can you do your 90-day checkin anywhere in Thailand or must it be close to your listed residence address?

And since when does anyone pay to do a 90-day checkin? Guess I'm a bit confused why the OP is even asking.

Edited by Jayman

This happened to me just the one time, the last time i went to Jomtien immigration, I handed over 2000 bt,

and the Officer had papers all over the place, and he looked at me and calmly said, I already gave you your change didnt I ??? I replied Sorry No you did not. He then got 100 bt out of his draw and gave it to me.

I will always take the correct money from now on.

I thought maybe it was a genuine mistake at the time, but reading this thread makes me wonder.. wow.

If Jomtien is an issue, try Sriracha a few miles north. Easy access into the office and no problems with getting the correct change back.

What a great idea. Let's travel 70 km round trip to save 100 baht.

Getting change is not a problem at Jomtien. I cannot count how many extensions I've done, but must be over 40 by now and got my change back every time.

Not to even mention the fact that Sriracha will most likely tell you to go to Jomtien unless you live in Sriracha

Not to even mention the fact that Sriracha will most likely tell you to go to Jomtien unless you live in Sriracha

I asked about this in Jomtien as was told no , it is still within Chon Buri and you can process there if you like.

Have gone there for a reentry permit when told in Jomtien there were 'too busy' today come back tomorrow - it was done on the spot in Sriracha.

Just back from Jomtien Imm. and for my re-entry I received no change. Must have gone up as the computer receipt showed B1.000. Nearly made a right ass of myself.

Re-entry permits have always been 1000 baht for single entry and 3800 baht for multiple entry. The extensions are 1900 baht.

Renewed my retirement visa this morning at Jomtien, was number two after a German gentleman.Handed the officer two thousand baht and quick as a flash one hundred baht appeared as change. Took me all of ten minutes in and out.

I agree with the consensus that getting the 100 baht change there isn't really a problem. If for some reason they fail to give you the change, or fail to ask you if you got your change yet, why not ask for it? I like handing over the 1900 exactly as it's the feather on the cap of a "perfect" application. Also, they need some 100's for ... change!

Edited by Jingthing

Renewed my retirement visa this morning at Jomtien, was number two after a German gentleman.Handed the officer two thousand baht and quick as a flash one hundred baht appeared as change. Took me all of ten minutes in and out.

I just renewed mine (and my wife's) this afternoon. Took us around 45 minutes. Change given back instantly.

Do you have any idea why they keep the passports overnight?

I just renewed mine (and my wife's) this afternoon. Took us around 45 minutes. Change given back instantly.

Do you have any idea why they keep the passports overnight?

The paranoid side of me says to check police records. coffee1.gif