Are There Any Experienced Gym Goers Out There?

phuturatica

With mess up in their mind i dont mean you go crazy from use, but if your mind is set to loosing weight its a bad thing if your weight is increasing even if you can explain it and its the creatine.

I think creatine is perfectly safe and i would use it at times if i was not in weight loss mode.

That's interesting. I started using creatine again about a month ago because I had half a container full and wanted to use it up. I've been taking 10g (2 x 5g) per day over this last month. Remember I said that my weight had mysteriously gone up and I couldn't work out why. I wonder if this may have been related to creatine use. Anyway, I've run out now so it will be interesting to see what happens.

There are quite a few articles out there that recommend creatine for weight gain. Of course it all depends whether the gain is muscle or fat.

I wouldnt take it mainly because of the potential for liver damage as I have had HEP B before and I dont really need as I am not an athlete in serious training.

Creatine is a strange one. I use it and it does give you an insulin spike which I guess helps you to work out harder. Touted as a muscle volumizer you are advised to drink lots of water when you using it to avoid dehydration. I guess the volume comes from the water.

Now I see that for women, Creatine is touted as a weight-loss supplement.

I havent seen that yet ? are you sure your not confusing it with L-carnatine for weight loss. I bought a kg of that a while back. Cant say it helped much.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob i saw an ad for it at one of the drug stores or similar :here.

Ok im not doubting you, just never heard of it. Does not mean you did not see it. I have tried all kinds of stuff to increase weight loss only a few of those ever worked.

And none of them would have worked if i would not have a calorie deficit. Its usually not a big difference.

Edited by robblok

Rob i saw an ad for it at one of the drug stores or similar :here.

Ok im not doubting you, just never heard of it. Does not mean you did not see it. I have tried all kinds of stuff to increase weight loss only a few of those ever worked.

And none of them would have worked if i would not have a calorie deficit. Its usually not a big difference.

Unless you are a woman it would not work for your weight loss lol. Anyways, I have tried (and am still trying the stuff) and must say I dont notice much difference tbh. Will give it a miss when I am done the little jar I have.

I think the

I'll be suprised if Phuturatica gets through this thread..or at least gets through it and finds many relevant answers to her original question.

It has gone so far off -track...

All she wanted was some recommendations for a simple, decent, work-out regime...

rolleyes.gif

Eek there are some advices there. Problem is you cant really give someone a training program without knowing what is available and what is she willing to do.

I told her to do a bit more in the weight room as i dont believe in just bicepts (small muscle) for weight training.

Personally id add squats and some other leg exercises plus some chest exercises and shoulder.. maybe back too. Id split it in a few days. ect.

Can you please tell me how to do the leg, shoulder, chest exercises and squats? I don't suppose you could link me to a video by any chance?

Is recommending creatine wise for someone who is suffering from kidney failure?

Good point. No, don't use creatine.

And no... I won't be using any creatine. :P to be honest I don't want to use any supplements. I already have a cocktail of drugs that I take for my kidney failure. I take multivitamins once and day and ferrous sulphate (iron tablets) 3 times a day, calcium tablets daily so thats enough supplements for me.

Please remember guys... I'm female and I just wanna lose weight and tone up. I don't want to be some muscle monkey.

@phuturatica,

I would advise to train first with someone who knows the exercises and teaches you how to do them. They are hard to copy from youtube and with some of the exercises you can hurt yourself if you do them wrong.

squat is the best leg exercise there is but must be done properly.

We all understand you don't want to be a muscle monkey but you wont become one because its a long process and you can stop at anytime. Getting a little bit of muscle starts the same way as getting a lot of muscle.

Please remember guys... I'm female and I just wanna lose weight and tone up. I don't want to be some muscle monkey.

For losing weight, you don't need exercise. It's actually not very helpful for the purpose, though it's very beneficial in other ways. As I mentioned early in this thread, here you'll just get the antiquated calories in-calories out theory. The idea of just toning is pretty much inconceivable as well.

Actually it's all about hormones, insulin, and glycemic indexes, which relate to type of calories.

Here's the easiest yet effective diet backed by science that will work and is not hard to sustain--after you get over the addiction to sugar and starch. First 2 weeks is the hardest. You don't have to be hungry or count calories.

Detailed Word file:

http://www.tankdc.co...tarch_Diet.aspx

Video (let the doc at Duke University explain it all to you):

No Sugar No Starch

As for toning, just do a whole body routine a few times a week. You don't even need to go to a gym. There are many such routines on youtube:

Search for whole body home workouts

Add in some dumbbells

Just choose one that appeals to you and you think you can do. For example,

Good luck!

Edited by JSixpack

Think most here are forgetting about the OP. She just wants advise and not enter Miss Universe.

My advise to you is warm up, take it easy for three months but go for it after two months and your body will tell you stuff. Don't worry about pain in muscles IF that pain disappears in two days. It means you have achieved something. smile.png

I've been getting myself in shape for the last three months by swimming 100 laps of the pool (25m)....fairly vigorously...but I recently upped the pace to 100 laps in around 35 mins...and now my muscles are really aching today...in fact I felt really quite tired this afternoon after a hard day at work then a swim last night.

Anyway I just wonder what opinions are regards what eek said about letting the muscles rest for a day every so often?

I have today and am putting my feet up! tongue.png

Just curious,

Do you really swim 100 laps in a 25 m pool (2,5 km) in around 35 mins? Are you still in your 20ies?

That's a great time, how fast can you do 60 laps ( 1,5 km)?

• Like 1

Think most here are forgetting about the OP. She just wants advise and not enter Miss Universe.

My advise to you is warm up, take it easy for three months but go for it after two months and your body will tell you stuff. Don't worry about pain in muscles IF that pain disappears in two days. It means you have achieved something. smile.png

I've been getting myself in shape for the last three months by swimming 100 laps of the pool (25m)....fairly vigorously...but I recently upped the pace to 100 laps in around 35 mins...and now my muscles are really aching today...in fact I felt really quite tired this afternoon after a hard day at work then a swim last night.

Anyway I just wonder what opinions are regards what eek said about letting the muscles rest for a day every so often?

Just curious,

Do you really swim 100 laps in a 25 m pool (2,5 km) in around 35 mins? Are you still in your 20ies?

Just being nitpicky (who hasn't in this thread lulz) but 100 laps would be 5 km. 100 lengths is 2.5 km.

Just curious,

He cheats, has a propeller on his bum. biggrin.png
  • Like 1

Just curious,

Age does limit you a bit but im lifting in general heavier then i did when i was in my 20's also more muscular. There is a lot of improvement to be made if you eat right and train right. If i had all that knowledge back in my 20's id be a lot stronger then.

Just curious,

Just being nitpicky (who hasn't in this thread lulz) but 100 laps would be 5 km. 100 lengths is 2.5 km.

200laps x 25m = A Swimathon under 2 hours is considered very good for any age group.

2500m in 35 mins is exceptional, well done.