Athlete'S Foot/Tinea Sufferers.

OZEMADE

Well a bit of good news for Athlete's foot/Tinea sufferers.

I sent this info to my Vietnam Veteran mates in OZ, hope it helps some TVF members here.

I have suffered from Athletes foot since 68/69 in Vietnam, where I contracted the fungal disease.

I have tried all the medication that the Pharmacies recommend and all the potions, lotions and powders that the Doctors in Australia prescribed. None of which has ever cured or helped with the pain.

I came across a medication in Thailand, a cream worth a $1.00 a tube. For all you sufferers I hope you can get some of this in Australia, if not I will put the contents of the tube below, someone may have it under a different brand name in Australia.

I have also added a link that gives all the info to you on the product and another link re the symptoms and recommended treatment.

The one I have HOFVATE, contains CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE 0.05 G and CORTICOSTERIOD.

It cured my problem in 3 weeks. I had a small crack return in one toe a few weeks later used the cream for 3 days and all healed.

I have not had a problem for 9 months now and am much relieved of the pain I went through for all of those years.

HOFVATE.

Category of registration LOCAL MANUFACTURED DRUG REGISTRATION FOR HUMAN (SINGLE)

Registration Number 1A 482/2551

Product Name HOFVATE

Class GENERIC DRUG

Platform CREAM

Type EXTERNAL USE

Quality of Unit

Drug formula CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE 0.05 G

Category of Licence LICENCE TO PRODUCE MODERN DRUGS

License number ¼Â1 1/2531

Supplier/Distributor OSOTH INTER LABORATORIES CO.,LTD.

Producer OSOTH INTER LABORATORIES CO.,LTD.

Address 600/9 M.11 , Soi. SRIRACHA INDUSTRIAL PARK , SUKHAPHIBARN 8 ROAD Rd., , SRIRACHA,CHONBURI. , CHONBURI 20280 Tel. 038-480766-7

Distributor

http://www.ehow.com/...propionate.html

http://www.mydr.com..../athlete-s-foot

I purchased the cream at FACINOS Pharmacy.

Cheers OZEMADE

Products containing the active substance Tolnaftate are said to be effective for the treatment of athlete's foot. There are probably several brands available in Thailand, and also in Australia for the OP's friend.

Clobetasol propionate, a corticosteroid, does not seem to be specifically indicated for athlete's foot. Neither of the two links posted by the OP says that it is. Basically, a corticosteroid is not the right kind of treatment for a fungal skin infection, which athlete's foot is.

The link posted by sotsira says that Clobetasol propionate must not be used in "fungal skin infections such as thrush, ringworm, athlete's foot"

Could it be that the OP was wrongly diagnosed and does not have athlete's foot, but another skin disease? This would explain why all products he used for the treatment of athlete's food did not work.

• Like 1

Almost definitely what happened. I have experience in skin irritations myself (sadly). Some things respond to antifungals, some to steroids, and some to combination meds. A great combo med widely available in Thailand is Daktacort.

Again, beware of overusing Hofvate. Thai pharmacists will sell you anything and not give proper warnings. There are milder steroid creams that you can use longer if needed.

Edited by Jingthing