'Amazing Sandwich Shop'...My Review.

doppa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Munich' breakfast yesterday was perfectly OK. I enjoyed their idea of 'meatloaf' as it was not greasy or oily as are many patty style sausages. Service was pleasant. However, aircon was off, it being only muggy and not very hot. So my recommendation based on that aspect of eating may depend upon whims and weather. Good fans blowing most tables.

Egg, toast, potatoes (some onion), the loaf <goodly portions of the second two>, and a sound filtered coffee plus my added large (30 baht) juice 141 baht. As this is a western restaurant, I compare to those - cheaper here.

Edited by CMX

just to make sure were talking about the right place here, it is called 'amazing sandwich' and it's opposite the lotus hotel.

maybe i had a bad experience, but how often is it you go back to a restaurant, hotel whatever if the experience you've had is 'crap, crap and more crap', none in my book, there's no second chance, and that's exactly how it should be.

oh and just to finish, their parking's crap too!................had to get one more in just to irritate.

I guess yours is a NO vote. wink.png

no it's a crap votetongue.png

You mean a No Crap vote?

If getting a sandwich through the usual channels doesn't work for you, you could try tracking down this guy http://www.thaivisa....andwich-permit/

And he's still doing a roaring trade! While I was away, amongst other things, my son tried one of his baguettes and actually said it was bloody good! Personally it will take more than 'bloody good' for me to order one of the things.Plenty of decent sandwich shops around Chiang Mai without going down that route! Amazing sandwich is one of the better ones. It is not crap! Must say I Preferred the original location though... wai.gif

re ... Tried today, they make good chicken pie.

good for you : ) ... so did i but i went for my usual

10 inch sub stufferd with everthing i like ..... i got home at about 3 pm

and it was gone by 3 30 ... with that and wandering the four miles round the moat

this morning i was tired so i laid on the bed and ive only just woke up : )

another day in paradise ... dave2

post-42592-0-96980900-1342699914_thumb.j

After a high recommendation of their Chicken Pot Pies and being assured they are a real pie fully wrapped in a crust (w/no bottom to soak up the juices it's just not right) I gave it a try, not very good, disappointed again! I have not find any pies of that sort that are good here, tried another brand that get raves reviews on TV and it was so dry inside, a lot like hard starch. I'm sad and pieless.

The only place I have found on this planet to get a good Chicken Pot Pie or any other pot pie is Australia.

No; the best pies are made at home. I make (fully bottomed) pies and store them in the freezer; Creamy chicken,leek and onion is a favourite with my Farang pals and I also knock up the usual Steak&kidney, minced Steak&onion,etc etc. For the big pot versions I make Meat&potato, Cottage pie and Shepherds pie.

• Like 1

Glad your making fully crusted pot pies, in USA the savory pie with a full flaky crust originated in Dutch Pennsylvania which often differ from the pies of Australia and Britain where the top is flaky and the bottom harder such as a short crust not to mention the obvious difference to shepherd's pie. Never been to Aussie to try one nor trainman34014's house but I like all the different varieties of pies I've had the pleasure to indulge in.

If getting a sandwich through the usual channels doesn't work for you, you could try tracking down this guy http://www.thaivisa....andwich-permit/

And he's still doing a roaring trade! While I was away, amongst other things, my son tried one of his baguettes and actually said it was bloody good! Personally it will take more than 'bloody good' for me to order one of the things.Plenty of decent sandwich shops around Chiang Mai without going down that route! Amazing sandwich is one of the better ones. It is not crap! Must say I Preferred the original location though... wai.gif

Just where is the location. Some one said across from KSG. I get in that area every so often might give them a try. I am kind of a sandwich guy.

re .. Just where is the location. Some one said across from KSG.

if you come out of k s k here ... walk up the road about two hundred yards

and its on the other side of the road by the t m b bank !

enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-57160100-1342744688_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

dont have enough taste buds to pick good sandwich. usually my sandwich craves end in subway with a one foot honey oat cold cut with honey mustard, all greens in except jalapeno.

i only dine in though. they taste soggy when they are cold and local staff here can't seems to wrap them properly, they would just spill out in a mess. the thing about subway are their cookies taste like experimental cookies made by my mum and on top of that being stale. not a fan of chips either.

would love to give some recommended shops a try if they don't cost a bomb to keep me filled up for 3 hours

Edited by barefoot1988