How To Successfully Cancel A True Account?

gkinbkk

I have been trying unsuccessfully to cancel a truevisions account, for a property we moved out of, for over a year now and in Jan I cancelled my mobile and switched to AIS but still got bills then lawyers letters.

Shops say phone call centre. Call centre says go to shop.

They want us to pay, I refuse, they say we never paid a deposit for internet or TV, we are truly in a stalemate, 12 months now we have been asking them to come pick up the equipment. Even the calling Trues lawyers on the letterhead we just get a Mai Roo maybe go back to the shop. No one has any clue.

Nothing is working.

Any Ideas?

Yes, go to the Service Center/office to try to work this out.

In the future, when it comes to canceling any service in Thailand, especially with True, I would always personally go to one of their Service Centers, not some shop where you can pay bills or just calling their Call Center. While going to shops or contacting the Call Center usually works good to change plans,update info, etc., but when it comes to canceling a service I would always personally go to a Service Center. And be sure to get a copy of the cancellation form/computer printout before leaving the Service Center.

What happened to the installed equipment then ? Did you just leave it in the property or return it to True.

In my experience to cancel Truevisions its best to take the set top box and access card to a True service center and get an official receipt from them that you have returned the equipment. No arguments later if any extra bills come. Any deposit will not be forthcoming for 45 days, according to them, and, again in my experience, you will have to chase them but will eventually get a cheque.

Of course, this being Thailand other members may have different experiences.

you have to go to the(a) service center, fill out a form to cancel your service,if you've had the service for less than a year,they give you a hard time about canceling.

as for the true stuff,they told me to keep it. said that I bought the stuff.

it take's about a month for the cancel order to go thru.so go before the end of the billing cycle,you should get one more bill for a months service,pay that bill. any more bills asking for payment

just put them in file "13"

they sent me a bill for 3 months,finely they stoped sending me a bill.

What happened to the installed equipment then ? Did you just leave it in the property or return it to True.

As advised we took it with us and its still sitting here. Bad move.

Where are the service centers as opposed to True shops?

That's the Thai way

It gives me great pleasure in watching all my Thai friends complaining on Facebook that their Dreamboxes dont work anymore...I was the mug subsidising that to the tune of 2k a month!

A True Service Center are much more dedicated towards customers coming in to pay bills, signing up new customers, changing plans, handling complaints, handling billing errors, etc; not much or nothing in terms of trying to sell equipment items like smartphones, etc. Service Centers are pretty much dedicated to administrative type actions. Shops are more focused toward selling you hardware, plans, and maybe letting you pay bills.