Dear Farang

Shot

If everyone in this forum can tell me about their latest accident then i might be concerned. When was the last time anyone had a crash? *deafaning silence*

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

june 1974

Alcohol,speed or retardedness a factor

So how do you measure ''your'' retarded-ness ? Your Mrs won't tell the truth. laugh.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone in this forum can tell me about their latest accident then i might be concerned. When was the last time anyone had a crash? *deafaning silence*

Saw two dead chaps in the road not long ago. No fault of their own. Wrong place. Wrong time. Witnessed an accident to an ederly lady last week. Doing about 20 when a bike with a sidecar decided to vear left without indicating. But they don"t count because it wasn't you.I"ve read some <deleted> over the years and God knows I"ve written a fair bit.What"s the Thai slogan? To Be No 1. You just made it to the top of the list. Edited by lonexpat
  • Like 1

Saw two dead chaps in the road not long ago. No fault of their own. Wrong place. Wrong time. Witnessed an accident to an ederly lady last week. Doing about 20 when a bike with a sidecar decided to vear left without indicating. But they don"t count because it wasn't you.I"ve read some <deleted> over the years and God knows I"ve written a fair bit.What"s the Thai slogan? To Be No 1. You just made it to the top of list.

Bit OTT BUT, l understand where your coming from. You stay cool chum. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

june 1974

Kenny the pure admits his faluts, how did it happen bro? were you hammered or speeding? and lets tell the truth here...the whole forum is watching.....and the Bshit radar is on extra sensative now

june 1974

Kenny the pure admits his faluts, how did it happen bro? were you hammered or speeding? and lets tell the truth here...the whole forum is watching.....and the Bshit radar is on extra sensative now

Went down the inside of a pick-up car coming the other way turned right, we hit, lady in car admitted fault, her insurance paid everything, police Captain was a great guy and could not do enough to help us, no drink involved which is something I doubt you agree with being a drunk driver, oh and I am not your Bro!!

Edited by kawapower

Alcohol causes both of those.

Yep both are the main cause ask a certain poster, he will explain to all of us how being drunk makes him a better driver even though he claims to then drive under 20 kph!! Lol driving this slow would not attract attention of course!! "Yes officer I am hammered but I care about other road users that is why I am driving so slowly" !!

june 1974

Right there, but they are not watching what I post, people are amazed at someone who boasts about being a drunk driver, we don't want a nanny state so keep on doing what you are doing, enjoy!! End of discussion!!

Last post as this is getting boring, you only need the one accident to change your life and the life of others, try not to drunk drive!!

No, has been boring for a long time already.

Yep both are the main cause ask a certain poster, he will explain to all of us how being drunk makes him a better driver even though he claims to then drive under 20 kph!! Lol driving this slow would not attract attention of course!! "Yes officer I am hammered but I care about other road users that is why I am driving so slowly" !!

I never said it made me a better driver...I said everyone does it. I also said these days...or for the last couple of years with my missus I drive out...she drives home. On the odd occasion when Ive had a skinfull and Im out with buddys I will drive home at 20kph...sorry who is going to stop me? The cops?

I never said it made me a better driver...I said everyone does it. I also said these days...or for the last couple of years with my missus I drive out...she drives home. On the odd occasion when Ive had a skinfull and Im out with buddys I will drive home at 20kph...sorry who is going to stop me? The cops?

Also this begs the question why does everyone drink drive? No affordable public transport......So Im curious Kenny, when you go out do you responsibily pass this information on to all the people in the restaurant/bar? (or more likely you would be drinking outside a 7/11 or family owned inconvenience store) Do you grab the car keys off Somchai when he has had a bit to much to drink? or Ying the bar girl when she is pounding down whiskeys and then jumps on a bike do you stop her? Or anyone of the hundreds of expats you see doing it ever day all over the island...do you go on your own crusade to stop them? Or you just spruik here?

I really cant stand interfering old people with nothing better to do than try and make this country a nanny state. In Australia its practically illegal to do anything there because of the do-gooder gang....its why I left, I cant conform to a society like that. Im constantly looking over my shoulder for cops wanting to pull me over, traffic infringement officers that can fine you from anything from not having a dog on the leash, to watering your garden, to parking somewhere for more than 15mins..... bouncers that wont let you in because you want to wear shorts and a t-shirt, a public that is apathetic to all the laws and actually go out of their way to dob you in.....try kicking back on the beach in Australia with a can of beer and a smoke, the SWAT team would be onto you in seconds, plus the gangs of geriatric men and women wanting to publicly lynch you with walking sticks and purses.

The cops in Australia love it...they dont even have to do their own policing. They have everyone living in fear....if you want Phuket to loose its charm and freedom, put someone like Kenny in charge

I love this post...reminds me why I love Phuket so much!

What is a spruik? No I do not preach to anyone, what they do is up to them, it would be impossible to stop people drunk driving, hopefully All the sensible people can avoid the carnage they will inevitably cause one day, I and many others do not see the need to get drunk then drive it's a choice for each individual, yes right, there is no decent transport here so many will drink and drive, many will get drunk and drive, many will have a named driver, many will let ther gf or wife drive, I prefer the last 2 options as it is clearly the most responsible!! There is no need to ever drunk drive when there are obvious options, unfortunately due to the lack of policing here it makes it possible to drunk drive and never be stopped by the police, not a good thing but that is the way it is in Thailand, I accept there are drunk drivers I choose not to be one of them, what can be done about it absolutely nothing, drink and drunk driving will be part of life for ever we all have to accept it and try to avoid the culprits!! when I was younger I thought the only good time you could have was by getting drunk, it's not true you can still go out have a couple, have a great time then drive home safely.

The last unofficial TV party consisted of non retirement aged members, at least those of us at the same table as an ex mod. Snamos you were at the same table.

Yeah I was drinking with KBB the former moderater and volunteer policeman, any news on what is happening with him..is he still in Phuket jail?

What ever happened to rick and roll? i havent seen him on here for a while

• Like 1

Russian and Thai driving is alike so they mesh well here. It's either the yanks or poms having the problem with it.

Wiset autobahn open for business.

Well, it's not me, so it must be the poms.laugh.png

The last unofficial TV party consisted of non retirement aged members, at least those of us at the same table as an ex mod. Snamos you were at the same table.

Yeah I was drinking with KBB the former moderater and volunteer policeman, any news on what is happening with him..is he still in Phuket jail?

Yes, good question, re; Ricks place...is it still functioning?I heard a while ago that a lot of single ladies were staying there... is Rick still here?

As for dokset..who gives a rats......hope is is suffering hugely, where ever hes at...coffee1.gifbah.gif

Yes, good question, re; Ricks place...is it still functioning?I heard a while ago that a lot of single ladies were staying there... is Rick still here?

As for dokset..who gives a rats......hope is is suffering hugely, where ever hes at...coffee1.gifbah.gif

Heard he is working in McDonalds!!

Blimey, you have been skulking silently in the wings waiting for a mention of KBB, sad bloke, oooop's sorry, perhaps your not a bloke. sad.png

As I mentioned to a fellow TV member, the other day, screw it, you know, lets just put a shout out "Nikitas Friday afternoon 4:30", such and such date, no balloons and no free nothing...............see you guys there, TV table.

Snamos was out of town, back yet?

As I mentioned to a fellow TV member, the other day, screw it, you know, lets just put a shout out "Nikitas Friday afternoon 4:30", such and such date, no balloons and no free nothing...............see you guys there, TV table.

Good idea..Nakitas every friday...yes i was outta town...the old offshore life means Im away 6 months of the year and dont always have internet

Good idea..Nakitas every friday...yes i was outta town...the old offshore life means Im away 6 months of the year and dont always have internet

We are lucky then, eh. laugh.pngthumbsup.gif