Android Vs. Ios - "The Truth" Series On Youtube.

the argument being made by those videos is entirely irrelevant. people don't buy apple for functionality, they buy it for the brand, luxury items.

And many people are complete fanatics, it is more like discussing which religion is better than discussing a technical product.

At the end it is a telephone with some computer functions and not something holy....

I have neither an Android nor an IOS product but I am shocked how the supporters fight in the forums....

also, i'd say android is good for power users, nerds, etc.

apple has high quality products that work well in their designed consumer workflows, but doing anything they didn't design is a pain in the butt. fine for most people who don't care about tech (caring about their iphone != care about tech)

i think a better comparison is iphone vs wp7. both are walled gardens compared to android.

• Like 1

the argument being made by those videos is entirely irrelevant. people don't buy apple for functionality, they buy it for the brand, luxury items.

or because they have no clue there's a better alternative or are fooled by the branding into thinking iPhone is better. hence the purpose of the videos, to inform and document the advantages of android..

I only watched the first video (1/5 ~ 13 min). I think the video, and perhaps the others in the series, might be valuable to someone initially deciding on a new smartphone ecosystem. I suspect that those using either iOS or Android have already invested enough time/money that they may be disinclined to switch based on the videos.

In addition to the features/benefits highlighted in the first video: customization, ease of use, multi-tasking with Android, customers also have a wider choice of hardware platforms, in size, shape, performance, price. With the iPhone you can have it in any size, as long as it is 3.5" and in any color, as long as it is white or black, and for any price as long as it is $649. Apologies to Henry Ford.

Finally, it seems quite unfair to use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, with its 4.65 " brilliant screen when comparing to the iPhone with its almost laughably miniscule screen. The iPhone looks like something from 2005. :eek:

• Like 2

When iPhone came out, there was nothing that could touch it. Now it is generally surpassed by Android. IPhone is a device you load apps onto (and often very good apps they are), but Android devices have the capabilities of portable computers in terms of storage and connectivity. I had an ipod touch that I was welded to for a year, but never an iphone, though I did want one. I now have a GS2 and wouldn't go back to the Apple environment. I don't agree that people by Apple as luxury goods. They are genuinely good at what they do. Just a bit limiting.

• Like 1

Finally, it seems quite unfair to use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, with its 4.65 " brilliant screen when comparing to the iPhone with its almost laughably miniscule screen. The iPhone looks like something from 2005. :eek:

though he was mainly using them just as tools to show off the operating system, he addressed this complaint in the 2nd video... used a device with Android 2.2 (2.2 was released in 2010) vs. iPad 3