7Eleven Franchise

You lease 7/11 franchises, you do not own. After a period you have to give the franchise back. Also you will share sales/profit.

Overall you are an operator for 7/11 and not the owner

With most franchises you are basically buying a job. Most are a waste of money.

I think my Thai friend was told 3 million baht, but there were to many regulations on how the shop should be or what it should look like for him to open one...

7/11 in Thailand is a good business (unless you are blind)... Always filled with people- just go to the one closest to you at any given time- always someone going in or out...

I love 7/11..

• Like 1

The 7-11 website gives a good rundown on the different levels of franchise. There are 3 levels from memory.

There are restrictions on how the franchise is owned and operated. As we found out from enquiries, just because there are none in your area doesn't mean to say someone hasn't already bought the franchise rights for that area.

Other requirements from the reply we recieved from 7-11 included the franchisee holds a university degree, the franchisee must manage the franchise full time and not operate another business.

Edited by Farma

So if something breaks in the shop, like a window or a sign, does 7-11 corporate pay to fix that? Is it one of those things where one store is enough or do you need multiple stores to pull a decent profit? 7-11s are almost always busy; I like their brownies and oatmeal cookies.

In cases like a bus station where there are several 7-11s sometimes on the same floor, is it multiple owners or one owner gets the rights to the whole bus station and can scale as much as he wants (as many stores as he can cram)?

A university degree isn't unreasonable request, although if someone is putting up the cash I would think they would be serious enough about wanting to run the store anyway.