1 Day Overstay Charge?

Every day is 500 baht fine and a stamp in passport notating the overstay may be issued. Exit from airport and less than two days overstay no fine payment will be required - but if two days overstay fine of 1,000 baht will be due.

Every day is 500 baht fine and a stamp in passport notating the overstay may be issued. Exit from airport and less than two days overstay no fine payment will be required - but if two days overstay fine of 1,000 baht will be due.

OK, I get it:

Just 1 day overstay = no fine

2 or more days overstay = B500 a day including the first day.

Thanks

OK, I get it:

Thanks

Bad thing is,u get a stamp in the passport

OK, I get it:

Thanks

True, but it won't be an issue.

OK, I get it:

Thanks

Which is no problem at all.

I have also heard of people asked already to pay 500 Baht on their first day of overstay, so don't count on the first day being free.

I agree with stevenl on both counts. You might be lucky and not get asked for the B500, but if you expect to pay and don't, bonus! Some time back (maybe a couple of years), I was 2 days over and was also concerned about future implications, the guy I was dealing with spoke good English and simply said that the fine was paid, it was not a long overstay and there would not be anything to worry about for the future.

So, take B500, be polite and no problems.

OK, I get it:

Thanks

No issue as stated, over the years i have had loads of them, no one has ever mentioned it.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I woke up thinking today was the 3rd and not the 4th. Turns out I needed to leave 9 hours ago to the border. I just got caught up with the new years and such. I can speak Thai and I am preparing as I speak the extra 500B. Aranyaprathet/Poipet border would be a good check out check in for this problem right?
Thank you and Happy New Year