Sunday Roast In Cm

MisterSandMan1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubleeight please tell us who you are talking about.Archers or the Old Bell? Both ladies in those restaurants are lovely. Beer are Sa are their names!

The Old Bell. i wont make this remark if it was a one off. but repeatedly shocked by the lack of respect, service and attitude of lady!

I sense a stitch up double eight. Member registers on 19th July and 2 days later is slagging Beer off. Still just in case you are genuine:

Are you sure that was Beer? We had a day girl who was somewhat brusque with customers and she has now departed. All I can say is that if it was my wife you must have really upset here over something. Usually she's very 'customer orientated' but if you spoke badly to her, she'd do the same back and I don't blame her. Some details would help: approximate dates, times and specifics of the incidents.

Bloody obvious! Last week a lady had a pompem about the portions not being big enough. Now someone pops up out of the blue calling themselves 'doubleeight' and you all fail to see the connection. Not me. My ex, amongst other things, regularly played bingo. doubleeight or 88 is a bloody bingo code for two fat ladies. Obviously she's teamed up with a friend and are trying to take business away from the Olde Bell.

Pedr, I'll be in for my free cheese on toast in the next few days. :wai:

Doubleeight please tell us who you are talking about.Archers or the Old Bell? Both ladies in those restaurants are lovely. Beer are Sa are their names!

The Old Bell. i wont make this remark if it was a one off. but repeatedly shocked by the lack of respect, service and attitude of lady!

I sense a stitch up double eight. Member registers on 19th July and 2 days later is slagging Beer off. Still just in case you are genuine:

Are you sure that was Beer? We had a day girl who was somewhat brusque with customers and she has now departed. All I can say is that if it was my wife you must have really upset here over something. Usually she's very 'customer orientated' but if you spoke badly to her, she'd do the same back and I don't blame her. Some details would help: approximate dates, times and specifics of the incidents.

Bloody obvious! Last week a lady had a pompem about the portions not being big enough. Now someone pops up out of the blue calling themselves 'doubleeight' and you all fail to see the connection. Not me. My ex, amongst other things, regularly played bingo. doubleeight or 88 is a bloody bingo code for two fat ladies. Obviously she's teamed up with a friend and are trying to take business away from the Olde Bell.

Pedr, I'll be in for my free cheese on toast in the next few days. wai.gif

For the record, i enjoy the food and think pedr is a cordial host. there has never been any rudeness on my part. As for other people guessing the meaning of my name your way of the mark.

Anyway i have said what i wanted to say.

• Like 1

What have i started!!! - i was only looking for a good traditional roast, which i found, and now we have a slagging match.

Dissapointed Newbie!

It`s all your fault.

Now look at the trouble you’ve caused.

You newbie’s come over here, stealing our women, taking up all the best tables at restaurants and then have the Gaul to come on Thai visa making inquiries about where to get a roast dinner in Chiang Mai.

This is exactly how world War Two started and I am shocked that you have even considered mentioning the subject of Chiang Mai restaurants on a Chiang Mai forum.

My personal choice is the Dukes for meals and the Pub for roasts and if anyone takes offence at that, I`ll meet them outside the Olde Bell on Saturday night where we can sort this out like men.

So watch it, because I can be mean.

Edited by Beetlejuice

re .. Welcome to the Chiang Mai Forum, where food is a serious topic

and so it should be : )

dave2

I recognise this sunday roast, Sweetheart bar I think??

You must be a detective. biggrin.png

It says Sweetheart bar 195 Baht 24 July 11... if you put your cursor over the picture.

dave2

I believe no one who says they can recognise a potato or a yorky.....but that blue checked plastic table cover must be unique, surely this is the only place with such horrendous taste in tableware. where is it?

dave2

I believe no one who says they can recognise a potato or a yorky.....but that blue checked plastic table cover must be unique, surely this is the only place with such horrendous taste in tableware. where is it?

Not unique, mum had one in 1950.

dave2

It says Sweetheart bar 195 Baht 24 July 11... if you put your cursor over the picture.

Yes , and if I didn't run my cursor over the picture?? smart arse..

dave2

Punpun's tableware is not far behind! 55555

dave2

Yes , and if I didn't run my cursor over the picture?? smart arse..

Geez...... and there was I thinking that I was helping you on a learning curve.

Edited by uptheos

• 2 weeks later...

A customer (a good friend of The Olde Bell) told Beer about this thread tonight (I hadn't seen fit to tell her about it). She is pretty upset about it as you can imagine. If you could send us a PM or email 'double-eight' telling us exactly what Beer said that upset you so, we could deal with it, but just to put up bland generalisations about what she might or might not have said is very unfair.

If you complain that the portions are to small just do what i did last night .

Me - I want something to fill me up , can i have bangers and mash please .

Waitress - bangers and mash is maybe a bit small for you .

Me - ok what will fill me up .

Waitress - I think one of the pies will fill you up .

Me- Ok i will have a steak and kidney pie .

So if you have a problems with the portions being small just ask the waitresses are not mind readers .

Portions too small at the olde bell? I had Sunday lunch there not so long ago and couldn't finish my meal cos i was fickin stoofed! Mr Creosote would have had problems. One slight downside though was that the Yorkshire puddings were a bit "doughy" and not crispy on the outside.

Portions too small at the olde bell? I had Sunday lunch there not so long ago and couldn't finish my meal cos i was fickin stoofed! Mr Creosote would have had problems. One slight downside though was that the Yorkshire puddings were a bit "doughy" and not crispy on the outside.

Good value then.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I really like Archer's Sunday roast beef dinner. They used to be a little stingy with the portions, but from some recent pictures on Thai Visa, it looks like they have remedied that. thumbsup.gif

have to go along with your choice,enjoyable sunday dinner.

Good value then.

Definately. If you are a fat bastad or wanna become a fat bastad, eat there man...

• 2 weeks later...

What have i started!!! - i was only looking for a good traditional roast, which i found, and now we have a slagging match.

Dissapointed Newbie!

Thats the problem when you have a bunch of whinging mostly old ex-pats with nothing better to do than sit on TV and dump on others... you sad people should go and enjoy and explore this beautiful city & its people or go back to where you came from and complain to them!!

Dissapointed Newbie!

Thats the problem when you have a bunch of whinging mostly old ex-pats with nothing better to do than sit on TV and dump on others... you sad people should go and enjoy and explore this beautiful city & its people or go back to where you came from and complain to them!!

Funnily enough I was going to start a thread about the "do gooders" who look down on Thai Visa and Facebook, claiming they never participate, and criticise it, and the members no end....but actually they do read and do contribute; even if it is to say we all "have nothing to do better than....."

pot; kettle; black comes to mind here uncle fester

post-150623-0-99265500-1345009974_thumb.

• Like 1