Good Lesson: Why We Don'T Wear Sandals.

after a very long search, I finally found shoes I can actually wear day to day - they're not as good as real full on protective boots, but they do have some reinforcements at the ankles and such. looking good and not too hot.

a_3277_b.jpg

(i have the denim version)

Recently wiped out on the Pai road - oil slick on wet road, rear wiped out then caught grip again at a weird angle and I got flipped up like a pancake and ended up sliding along the road, on my back, and headfirst.

Bit my tongue, unfortunately, if not for that I'd have been completely unharmed thanks to mesh pants, jacket, helmet, and SIDI street burner boots. Tongues heal very fast though, it's amazing, I had a huge gash, 2 hours of pain later it was almost completely healed. Without gear - man that would have been a different story.

I've got Revit boots and they look pretty normal and are quite comfortable. I find that kevlar jeans and a mesh jacket are quite comfortable as well. By the way how was your bike after the wipe out?

after a very long search, I finally found shoes I can actually wear day to day - they're not as good as real full on protective boots, but they do have some reinforcements at the ankles and such. looking good and not too hot.a_3277_b.jpg(i have the denim version)

Good on ya. Light, comfortable, relatively cool boots suitable for both walking (so avoiding many a walking hazard) and low-speed trips around town.

I do exactly the same for a longer trip as well--put on the mesh jacket, Joe Rocket boots, full finger gloves etc. Glad it paid off for you and you weren't seriously injured in your recent accident.

Edited by JSixpack

Ah, if the rocks were just on the road....ahead....in front of you....how come you didn't see them when your riding that slow?

Maybe an optometrist visit is in your future. biggrin.png

after a very long search, I finally found shoes I can actually wear day to day - they're not as good as real full on protective boots, but they do have some reinforcements at the ankles and such. looking good and not too hot.

a_3277_b.jpg

(i have the denim version)

Recently wiped out on the Pai road - oil slick on wet road, rear wiped out then caught grip again at a weird angle and I got flipped up like a pancake and ended up sliding along the road, on my back, and headfirst.

Bit my tongue, unfortunately, if not for that I'd have been completely unharmed thanks to mesh pants, jacket, helmet, and SIDI street burner boots. Tongues heal very fast though, it's amazing, I had a huge gash, 2 hours of pain later it was almost completely healed. Without gear - man that would have been a different story.

They look almost the same as my Alpinestars Shibuyas