Where Can I See Some Real Kickboxing Anymore? Kawila Gone?

AnkertilBrewer

I used to go to the real fights at the "Kawila Boxing Stadium," which was East of the Ping river. That was many years ago. Now all I see is ads for fight on Loi Khroh and other venues I don't know. Last time I went to one near the Taa Pae gate is sucked.I used to train many years ago (more than a decade, so now I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag), so I can actually tell the difference between real shit and bullshit.

Is Kawila Stadium closed or something? Where else can I see real fights, and not exhibitions or slouch fights. And what's the price like. I used to pay 400 for Kawila for the whole evening. But I think at these other venues it might be a bar type of arrangement, and I'll have to buy overpriced beer and tip and all that extra-duty stuff.

CM used to have kick-ass kickboxing. Where can I go now to see it?

Kawila had a fire go through it I guess about two years ago. Allegedly it was going to get fixed up but so far zip nil nada. Always thought they would have to go somewhere else as parking when it was on was a nightmare (as in there was none) and could not really fit all that wanted to go in. It was pretty packed every time when I went there, guess as CM got bigger more and more wanted to go to the only credible venue. Every now and again you do see people working at fixing it up, buts its pretty slap dash effort and inconsistent pace (I walk past it a few times a week). Its been opening "soon" for months (as far back as August last year), Don't think you are going to have much luck. The TP and Loi Kroh fights (even when they have the international fights) are no way as fast, no elbow use, and shock horror possibly rigged. I'm clinging to the thin thread that Kawila might open again, fixed but not "refitted".

Edited by mamborobert

There is an outdoor stadium behind Kalare Market off Changklan night bazaar area that billed as Kawila-lives-on. It is 400 for a regular night of maybe 7 fights, often with 2 farang Thai fights, which I enjoy most. No bars or bar girls, canned Chang is only beer for sale. Fights are Tuesday and Friday at 9pm, actually 9:30pm. I have been to Tae Pae and Loi Kroh many times, this is the best by far. It is worth checking out.

re .

There is an outdoor stadium behind Kalare Market off Changklan night bazaar area that billed as Kawila-lives-on

hes right ! ... if you go down loi kroh road ... turn left at burger king

turn right up the soi where the new mosque is and its on the right : )

dave2

ps ... just behind from where i took this pic are some stairs up to a

thai boxers gym and ive seen some seriously muscled up thais going up there !

post-42592-0-26304300-1342918655_thumb.j

post-42592-0-77089100-1342918730_thumb.j