Obese Thais To Shed 10,000 Tonnes In Body Weight

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many eat 6 meals a day..Cutting back to 3 meals a day would be a great start...

The problem isn't that they eat 6 times a day but as you say, they eat 6 "meals" a day.

Good point in that eating little and often is actually believed to be more conducive to a healthy body and lifestyle than the traditional 3 square meals... makes sense to me. If you compare the human body as a car, filling up the tank for a long journey means adding considerable weight, whereas filling up little and often would maintain less weight and better fuel economy as a result...

In order to lose 4 kilos a month, an average person would need to either burn and/ or reduce the calories taken in by 30,800 in a month or about 1000 Calories a day. 1,000 calories would equal to 1 less Big Mac combined with adding 30-minutes of jumping rope a day.

1 Pound loss = 3.500 calories reduction

1 Big Mac = 540 Calories (about the same as a cup of rice depending on rice)

1-hour rope jumping = 860 Calories if 73 Kilos or 1075 Calories if your weight is 91 Kilos

So to reduce 1 kilo, one has to do 9 hours of rope jumping. shock1.gif Think I'll have to stick with my beer-belly.

Edited by Semper

The Genie is out of the bottle. With prosperity comes affluence, which begets excess. Couple that with fast food and you have an epidemic of obesity. Just look at what that equation did to the US.

Not really. Japan is prosperous but it has very few fat people.

That actually has changed. They are trending up as well. w00t.gif

http://www.japantime...20120311rh.html

Edited by Jingthing