My Thailand Facelift Experience

laowai1960

What is a mini facelift?

Borrowed from an American clinic’s website:-

The mini facelift is a relatively new technique. Also known as “the weekend facelift,” it can be performed quickly and involves a shorter recovery period than traditional facelift surgery. The mini facelift focuses on specific areas of the face, such as the neck and the folds of the nose. Using smaller incisions and often taking advantage of endoscopic facelift technology, the cosmetic surgeon lifts, repositions, and removes facial tissue to achieve optimal results. Once factors contributing to unwanted sagging and drooping have been eliminated, the surgeon carefully repositions the skin using small sutures.

Specifically what did yours consist of for ony 39k?

Even though it was a fixed price package, they gave me an itemized invoice. Compared to a full facelift procedure, missing from my invoice is an anesthesiologist’s fee (maybe B20,000?) and 2 additional nights accommodation (@B4,000 per night).

So, I have no idea why a full facelift costs an additional B55,000 at Phyathai and an unbelievable B270,000 extra at Phuket International Hospital.

The swelling in my face and neck has reduced substantially; a little remains. Anyone not familiar with my face probably wouldn’t notice the swelling, but I can see it.

The stitches down the front of my ears were removed last Thursday. It’s already hard to see the scar. The surgical staples behind my ears will be taken out in 4 more days.

Today I asked 3 people how old they thought I was – separate locations, unconnected people, 2 women and one man. 40, 42 and 45.

As a 52 year old, I’m happy with the results.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Thank you kindly for sharing detailed information about your medical experience in Thailand here!

I am interest in some surrounding points about people seeking a facelift in Thailand. Would you be able to state your BMI or an indication of your general physical appearance/ body shape? Many thanks.

It might be a testosterone issue,

i suggest testing testosterone & estrogen,

if you have low testosterone & high estrogen, you could try half a anastrozole every other day day, and a zinc pill a day

• 8 months later...

Sounds like what you had was not a surgical face lift but Ulthera teratment?

Ulthera?

My face is okay still. Bit of Botox every now and then seems to keep it looking not so bad, but sadly developing a turkey neck! Is surgery (a neck lift) the only answer you think?

Probably, yes.

Ulthera?

My face is okay still. Bit of Botox every now and then seems to keep it looking not so bad, but sadly developing a turkey neck! Is surgery (a neck lift) the only answer you think?

Probably, yes.

Thanks Sheryl. Just Googled 'Ulthera'. Sounds interesting. Yanhee will do jawline and chin for 36,000 baht. Might go and talk to them.

I had Ulthera and later mesotherapy around the neck. I had amazing results and so did my friend who had Ultherapy only. I am 61 and she is 57.

We are very happy with the lift...tightening and no pain or bruising or scars.

We were very happy with SK Clinic in Sala Sang.

I think they charged a very low price.

I had Ulthera and later mesotherapy around the neck. I had amazing results and so did my friend who had Ultherapy only. I am 61 and she is 57.

We are very happy with the lift...tightening and no pain or bruising or scars.

We were very happy with SK Clinic in Sala Sang.

I think they charged a very low price.

Thanks mate! You should change your name to NotSoBad lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ulthera?

Probably, yes.

Thanks Sheryl. Just Googled 'Ulthera'. Sounds interesting. Yanhee will do jawline and chin for 36,000 baht. Might go and talk to them.

I've had Ulthera in Bangkok around the neck and jawline with zero noticeable improvement. But I did it with low expectations, so no regrets on my part.

Don't spend 36k baht. You can find it much cheaper at some clinics. Clinic next to the ASOK BTS was running a special. Not sure the price now. Listen to Sheryl. Only surgery makes a real difference.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...