(What Seems Like A) Sexpat Has A Go At Some Holidaymakers

eek

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all what on earth did they think they would find in the go-go bar ?

But anyway. The noodle shop next door to me sells 2 dishes, they make over 100k B per month.

My friend I go cycling with, only sells pad seeow and is sending his daughter through university in London.

One or two months decent earnings would pay for the start up costs on a food trolley to sell these or Som tam etc. etc. Don't tell me there is a Esarn girl anywhere that doesn't know how to make som tam.

The girls who worked in bars I used to drink in, as said before would openly talk to me knowing I'm not interested in what was on offer, most had many sponsors (which is easy to tell anyway by the passing around of 'English love phrases' book and the amount of not cheap phones they have ) while they sat around drinking with their mates everynight. This is what most girls are looking for. Sure as hell they didn't like what they were there for, but once they had their sponsors they picked and choose their customers. Young guys or guys gulliable enough to make promises to them.

There sure are many girls feeding families. Many do have self esteem problems. Some are working this at night so they can look after their kid in the day while a family member does at night . Some are working this way plus a day job to pay for schooling and some of the girls I knew left to get real jobs and some respect- self and from other people, but many are there as they don't want to work or are just plain party girls. To believe they are all there due to no choice is naive. There are other job opportunities and better paying ones if they are willing to reinvest the money and work,(That as well as keeping the money away from the drunk layabout boyfriend/mother/father etc or just away from the parents who won't give up the idea of being land owning farmers and get a paying job), but as many guys who have set girls up in businesses find out there are many who really aren't prepared to work and that is why they are there.

The film is sensationalist media studies graduate rubbish at best.

Just because someone says they are making x amount in Thailand selling noodles does not make it true. You will find those who are really making 100k selling noodles won't want to advertise it. Like anywhere, running a successful restaurant, even a food stall is hard work. competition is heavy. I will not go to the same place twice if the food is not superb. also, many of these people may own the property and not have to pay rent which is the big expense.

Suggesting that everyone can just become a noodle vendor and make 100k is silly. Most farang are not even making that amount in their profession.

I really have no comment to make about any of this. I don't care. I find it boring. The thing I find most annoying about Thailand and farang is their obsession with prostitutes. For people who claim to love the country so much they seem to have very little to say about it or even any hobbies related to it. it is just an endless conversation of dating and relationships and prostitutes. Yawn.

What a good post

Totally agree quote: The thing I find most annoying about Thailand and farang is their obsession with prostitutes. For people who claim to love the country so much they seem to have very little to say about it or even any hobbies related to it. it is just an endless conversation of dating and relationships and prostitutes. Yawn. and being an expert on thai's

I read the title...and thought you were talking about your adventures with theblether and smokies!

WAAA!!haha..!! Blether and smokie are absolute gentlemen! biggrin.png

If eek had a get together with the two Scots Gentlemen in CM I feel sorry for their heads the next day. I well remember the powers of sweet Scotish women to drink me under the table and wake up in the morning bright and no after efexts...whistling.gif

Suggesting that everyone can just become a noodle vendor and make 100k is silly. Most farang are not even making that amount in their profession.

It's definitely on the high end but by no means impossible. Decent location, hard work, and a good product and you can make a lot of money. 100k is much more than most will make but it is true that anyone willing to work hard can support themselves doing a job like this. The bar girls could take the profits from a week or two of whoring and move in to the noodle business if they were willing to put in the work. Many of their customers would buy a noodle cart outright for them if they were willing to quit the bar. Hell, a lot of farang think they are in that kind of arrangement like that already, they're just being lied to and she's really just keeping the monthly checks and continues hooking.

Some are genuinely in need and feel they have little choice, others are just lazy and see easy money.

American guy was a typically opinionated drunk muppet, the young uns have a lot to learn I guess.

But anyway. The noodle shop next door to me sells 2 dishes, they make over 100k B per month.

My friend I go cycling with, only sells pad seeow and is sending his daughter through university in London.

One or two months decent earnings would pay for the start up costs on a food trolley to sell these or Som tam etc. etc. Don't tell me there is a Esarn girl anywhere that doesn't know how to make som tam.

The girls who worked in bars I used to drink in, as said before would openly talk to me knowing I'm not interested in what was on offer, most had many sponsors (which is easy to tell anyway by the passing around of 'English love phrases' book and the amount of not cheap phones they have ) while they sat around drinking with their mates everynight. This is what most girls are looking for. Sure as hell they didn't like what they were there for, but once they had their sponsors they picked and choose their customers. Young guys or guys gulliable enough to make promises to them.

There sure are many girls feeding families. Many do have self esteem problems. Some are working this at night so they can look after their kid in the day while a family member does at night . Some are working this way plus a day job to pay for schooling and some of the girls I knew left to get real jobs and some respect- self and from other people, but many are there as they don't want to work or are just plain party girls. To believe they are all there due to no choice is naive. There are other job opportunities and better paying ones if they are willing to reinvest the money and work,(That as well as keeping the money away from the drunk layabout boyfriend/mother/father etc or just away from the parents who won't give up the idea of being land owning farmers and get a paying job), but as many guys who have set girls up in businesses find out there are many who really aren't prepared to work and that is why they are there.

Just because someone says they are making x amount in Thailand selling noodles does not make it true. You will find those who are really making 100k selling noodles won't want to advertise it. Like anywhere, running a successful restaurant, even a food stall is hard work. competition is heavy. I will not go to the same place twice if the food is not superb. also, many of these people may own the property and not have to pay rent which is the big expense.

I really have no comment to make about any of this. I don't care. I find it boring. The thing I find most annoying about Thailand and farang is their obsession with prostitutes. For people who claim to love the country so much they seem to have very little to say about it or even any hobbies related to it. it is just an endless conversation of dating and relationships and prostitutes. Yawn.

If you don't want to comment on this why are you ?

That's what they told my wife they are making.

My friend whose sending his daughter to uni in London must be lying that she's there as well ?

Yes it's hard work that's kind of the point.

You may have noticed in my post you quoted that I said one or two months money down Sukhumvit would pay for a food trolley and start up costs.

I didn't say everyone could make 100k, but they can make more than the supposed 10k/month.

Most farang don't make that because teaching English doesn't pay that. Same as a low skilled job the world over doesn't pay as well as running your own business.

I think the old dude was probably right.

Look at the way the young guys and girls were behaving outside the go-go earlier.

Hookers are hookers mainly because they are too lazy to work in a respectable job.

Easy money without much effort is the name of the game.

As for the hooker and her story ...... tears on tap, playing for the camera.

I've seen your various posts and your interpretation regarding Thais - you really don't have a clue actually.

Another thai expert Please list qualifications

The Admin job?

I dont really think much of the video either way, so i will leave discussion of its finer points to the experts.

I can assure you the woman most certainly is not a septic, the accent is all wrong. Id say UK, NZ,,Aus or even SA. Given that it seems to be another British doco, chances lean heavily in fovour of her being a Brit with a very watered down accent.

(Blether, does this count as credible? if so that is 1.)

let me assure you that NO AU,NZ or SA "ladies" say "sod it".....

• Like 1

There are other job opportunities and better paying ones if they are willing to reinvest the money and work,(That as well as keeping the money away from the drunk layabout boyfriend/mother/father etc or just away from the parents who won't give up the idea of being land owning farmers and get a paying job), but as many guys who have set girls up in businesses find out there are many who really aren't prepared to work and that is why they are there.

we should make a reality show where arthur starts in isaan with 3k baht and turns into a high paying business, since it is so easy.

what is that saying about walking a mile in another person's shoes?

Do you actually read what is posted ?

As a bit of background, the worst poverty is found in rural agricultural habitational clusters and in locations with under 500 inhabitants. I'm citing the Thai data and I expect most folks will say, well yes, that's the case most anywhere. There isn't a sufficiently large enough population to support service industries such as multiple restaurants, hairdressers, government service centers, shops etc.

I was a bit shocked to learn that some Thai rural residents engaged in agriculture subsist on bamboo shoots and hot water when they are in the tough part of the year. I had no idea. I was also oblivious to child malnutrition in Thailand and it's link to poverty. There's also serious child malnutruion in North America that most people are unaware of. Who would think that poor kids in the USA and Canada go to bed without supper or go to school without breakfast. In Thailand you have to see the poverty in these areas to believe its extent and seriousness.

I think the westerners who will say the poverty isn't there in Thailand, are probably oblivious to the extent of poverty in the west as well.

If you don't want to comment on this why are you ?

That's what they told my wife they are making.

My friend whose sending his daughter to uni in London must be lying that she's there as well ?

Yes it's hard work that's kind of the point.

You may have noticed in my post you quoted that I said one or two months money down Sukhumvit would pay for a food trolley and start up costs.

I didn't say everyone could make 100k, but they can make more than the supposed 10k/month.

Most farang don't make that because teaching English doesn't pay that. Same as a low skilled job the world over doesn't pay as well as running your own business.

It's definitely on the high end but by no means impossible. Decent location, hard work, and a good product and you can make a lot of money. 100k is much more than most will make but it is true that anyone willing to work hard can support themselves doing a job like this. The bar girls could take the profits from a week or two of whoring and move in to the noodle business if they were willing to put in the work. Many of their customers would buy a noodle cart outright for them if they were willing to quit the bar. Hell, a lot of farang think they are in that kind of arrangement like that already, they're just being lied to and she's really just keeping the monthly checks and continues hooking.

Like I said, it would be fun to do a reality tv show where we give farang a food trolley cart and see how well they do. I just don't think it is as easy as some believe.

I mean, no kidding that these girls could be doing something else. They could be working at 7/11 or a waitress or a million other things.

But when farang make these comments, they do so with an air of superiority. It is obvious that you guys are looking down on them. Many farang don't realize how lucky they are to have not been born in Isaan and not have the foot on the other shoe. If running businesses is so easy why are most farang I see broke and earning less than 100k a month?

Thankyou. It's a very good location.

A family run it between them in shifts, I think 22 hours a day.

One over the road the family have 4 cars between them all funded by the noodle shop. The son who 'works' there is on his fourth new car since I've been here.

When I was living in Australia I knew quite a few men with living with ex bar girls. Some relationships would end and the girl could get a job paying a salary (admittedly usually minimum wage). However some still decided to go back to being a prostitute for the extra money, when there was no economic reason to do so other than more money to spend on gambling etc Some of these girls have cut off their families because of the never ending demands for money for the parents/siblings. After many years finally woke up and realised they were being conned.

Watching the video it's obvious to me that the female NGO, as well as the tourists, have no idea of the reality of the bar girl sex industry in Thailand. Sure some girls work to pay off their or family debt, but the large majority, as posted in this tread work for the "easy" money. As I posted in another thread, my wife says to me any foreigner who believes a bar girl sob stories is a fool.

• Like 1

It'd be interesting to see what percent of attempted restaurants/food cart businesses in Thailand succeed vs fail. I am guessing the numbers are probably about the same as in the West, which is not good. it is a tough and very competitive industry.

True, but the start up costs due to H+S, rent and high western wages do make a big difference.

Same old story, seen it and heard it many times. Fact is hookers in Thailand are lazy girls looking for easy money. I say go home or get a real job and hope you can get the respect back you lost by working bar. A few years in the bar and the rest of your life is screwed... There are a few, very few, lucky ones who find someone nice very quickly and get out of the game. They are the smart ones. I don't feel sorry for any of them but it makes me angry at the farang who profit from it. Scum bags everyone of them !!!

• Like 1

Same old story, seen it and heard it many times. Fact is hookers in Thailand are lazy girls looking for easy money. I say go home or get a real job and hope you can get the respect back you lost by working bar. A few years in the bar and the rest of your life is screwed... There are a few, very few, lucky ones who find someone nice very quickly and get out of the game. They are the smart ones. I don't feel sorry for any of them but it makes me angry at the farang who profit from it. Scum bags everyone of them !!!

So you've never availed yourself of their services?? not even once??? Hmmm

It'd be interesting to see what percent of attempted restaurants/food cart businesses in Thailand succeed vs fail. I am guessing the numbers are probably about the same as in the West, which is not good. it is a tough and very competitive industry.

they all make money....some more than others. some make unbelievable money for what it is...I am talking about 50 or 60K a month profit.

Like I said, it would be fun to do a reality tv show where we give farang a food trolley cart and see how well they do. I just don't think it is as easy as some believe.

I mean, no kidding that these girls could be doing something else. They could be working at 7/11 or a waitress or a million other things.

But when farang make these comments, they do so with an air of superiority. It is obvious that you guys are looking down on them. Many farang don't realize how lucky they are to have not been born in Isaan and not have the foot on the other shoe. If running businesses is so easy why are most farang I see broke and earning less than 100k a month?

No superioty about it read what else I posted. Just there are other opportunities.

As said most farangs here either teach English which doesn't pay well or are living on a pension whihch isn't worth as much as it was with regard to why they maybe 'broke'.

The tax, start up costs, having to have a place of business and 4 employees that a foreigner has to pay for that a Thai doesn't along with the protected job list make it difficult for foreigners. Not to mention all the paperwork in another language that a foreigner has to do.

Do you use their services ???

they all make money....some more than others. some make unbelievable money for what it is...I am talking about 50 or 60K a month profit.

So there has never been an unsuccessful food trolly/restaurant in Thailand? I don't deny these girls could be doing other things but it is a cliche so say they should just go open a restaurant somewhere. Restaurants are not as easy as they look.

So do you use their services ???

That's an eye-opener - how does a noodle-shop make 100k a month? Surely that's just the turnover, not the net profit? I'd like to know more about that.

Yep, must be a pretty big noodle shop. Would certainly question that as the "made" amount