Importing An Engine To Los

walker600

Hey, i'm not too sure the best place to put this post so i'll start here and if a 'mod' see's fit to move it then so be it.

I want to buy a second hand outboard engine, there's very little information in the internet about engines that are already within thailand, does anyone have any recommendation on where to find them in Phuket.

If not, does anyone know the current rules regarding importing something like that into the LOS. re: Import tax, V.A.T etc.. etc..

Many Thanks

Chris

I'm pretty sure that there is no import tax on on marine engines (there is definitely not on boats c/w engines), though you would have to pay VAT. A good source for information would be the trailer boat showroom a few Km's north of Heroines Roundabout (going towards Thalang) on the left hand side. I know the English guy in there has helped people get boat outboards before.

I'm pretty sure that there is no import tax on on marine engines (there is definitely not on boats c/w engines), though you would have to pay VAT. A good source for information would be the trailer boat showroom a few Km's north of Heroines Roundabout (going towards Thalang) on the left hand side. I know the English guy in there has helped people get boat outboards before.

Thanks for the heads up

I'm looking at importing a used Macgregor 26ft sailboat. These usually have a 50 or 60 hp outboard.

I see there is no import duty on the boat - just 7%VAT.

Anyone know what the custom's duty on the outboard will be?

I've several references to outboards being taxed, but no specific % yet.