What Should I See In My Passport If I Get Approved For 2 Entries?

Hello all,

Having only applied for Single entry Visas in the past...For the first time I just sent in my Visa application requesting 2 entries on a Tourist Visa. My thinking was when I get my Passport back I would see 2 Visa stickers, each one good for 60 days (each extendable for another 30) Is this the case?

The reason for my thinking is because obviously I will be required to leave the country prior to the first Visa expiring and when I do so, they would then stamp the 2nd Visa as USED upon re-entry. Correct?

Or is it one Visa with a specific exit date and I would still need to leave after 90 days (given an approved extension) and I just get dated "stamps" on them for when I leave and return?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by BKS22

You will get one Visa sticker or stamp with 2 entries written on it.

It will have an expiry date and your second entry must be made before this date.

OK so 1 Visa for the two entries...I get that now. Thank you for that.

But when you say "...your second entry must be made before this date" Do you mean that I will need to leave the Kingdom and "re-enter" before this expiry date ...and THEN my 2nd entry will go into effect? Therefore allowing me another 60 days?

Yes. That 60 days can also be extended at Immigration by a further 30 days.

If I get 2 entries on my Visa does the embassy here in the States set the start date for the 2nd Visa? If so.... If I extend the first entry for 30 days in Thailand, will immigration in Thailand extend the "must use" date of the 2nd as well?

dam_n....just when I thought I had all this figured out. Sorry, I now see having been to Thailand 4 previous times... HARDLY constitutes me as a professional at all this. haha

So I appreciate your help!

Your visa has a must use date, normally 6 months from date of issue. You have to make both entries within these 6 months.Extension after the must use date is no problem, as long as you entered before that date.

The must use date is not extended.

rolleyes.gif When you get a double or triple entry visa you should look for these when you get it issued from the Thai consulate:

1. The visa stamp which usually takes up one page in your passport.

2. The date of issue....which is usually written or stamped on the visa. That's important because the visa starts from date of issue...not the day you enter Thailand.

3. Double entry or triple entry visas will have the words "number of entries" on it and the words "two" or "three" written or stamped on it.

4. A "must be used by" or "must be used before" stamp and a date will be on the visa. For these visas you must use ALL the entries BEFORE that date...so that "must be used" before or by date is important.

5. When you enter Thailand you will get 60 days for each entry...it should be stamped into your passport next to or near to that visa.

6. Each entry can be extended for 30 days at your local immigration for 1900 (I think) Baht.

7. So if you get a double entry....you extend it for 30 days at your local immigration...and on the 89th day (just to be careful you go one day early)....you make a "border run". You go to the nearest border, exit Thailand making sure they stamp you out of Thailand as you exit, and then turn around and re-enter Thailand.

When you re-enter they stamp you in for another 60 days....which you can extend for another 30 days at immigration like your first visa entry.

Just be aware of that "must be used before" date on a double or triple entry visa....remember that ALL entries must be used before that date as the visa is void after that date.

wink.png

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

Great information! Thank you to all who replied...I understand very clearly now.

I also understand and see that I have messed up by sending my application in too soon in regards to my situation, as I do not fly out for Thailand until Sept 5th. So essentially I have screwed myself out of some time by shortening the "must be used before" date. Seeing that it will processed by mid next week I assume.

Oh well...learning lesson I suppose.

Edited by BKS22

Just a quick question about multiple entry tourist visas while we're on the subject..

I plan to stay in Thailand for around 6 months (equal to 3 entries of 60 days) - would it be more cost effective/easier to get a double entry rather than a triple and just pay for extension of stays? I don't plan to apply too early so the use by date shouldn't be shortened much.

Cheers, Alex.

my tourist visa - from USA - has an "S" for number entries. I thought I was getting 3 60 day entries. I was stamped for the first one as 60 days then this time she stamped me for 30 days ? It has a bunch of scribbling on it. that to my knowledge doesn't mean squat.

Correct USED should be stamped on last allowed entry.

The letter "S" means single entry. "M" would indicate multi entry (used for non immigrant visas with unlimited number of entries allowed for a set period of time).

Correct USED should be stamped on last allowed entry.

The letter "S" means single entry. "M" would indicate multi entry (used for non immigrant visas with unlimited number of entries allowed for a set period of time).

Thanks for the info