Six Street Dogs Found Dead At Village In Sattahip

Rimmer

Six Street Dogs found dead at village in Sattahip

SATTAHIP:--Six street dogs in a small village in Sattahip were found dead on Thursday and residents suspect the owner of a Potato Field poisoned the dogs who would persistently defecate on his land.

Police were called to the Egtanee Village by Petty Officer First Class Tawatchai aged 38 who is a resident there and also found the first of six dogs who had died at the location.

Residents are sure the owner of the field was to blame for the death of the six dogs as he would constantly complain to the local authorities about them and demanded officers come and remove them from the area.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/59611/street-dogs-dead-village-sattahip/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

Ethics and the morality aside, exactly what law has been broken? Even if they can prove who did it, what will the charge be? Animal cruelty?

Are there even such animal cruelty laws in Thailand?

yes, max 1000 baht fine, as well as option for up to 3 months prison

To witness a dog dying through poisoning is horrific to the extreme,foam frothes from its mouth as it struggles to draw breath,it convulses frequently ,can take hours to actually die,it cries for help, yelping until it gives up ,just gradually breathing shallower and shallower ,until a welcome death. The bastard who did this should be forced to have a sample of his "cure"

• Like 1

To witness a dog dying through poisoning is horrific to the extreme,foam frothes from its mouth as it struggles to draw breath,it convulses frequently ,can take hours to actually die,it cries for help, yelping until it gives up ,just gradually breathing shallower and shallower ,until a welcome death. The bastard who did this should be forced to have a sample of his "cure"

how do you know this is how they died, surely not all poison acts this way, was you there

far too many stray dogs around its normally us falang that get upset now the locals are getting pissed maybe something will get done

• Like 1

Do you think he would come around our street and sort the soi dogs out?whistling.gif

why not do it yourself?, you come across as the kind of person who would be capable of doing it.......

No problem ,especially to those two soi dogs that killed the two year old the other day,or would you rather they were allowed to roam the streets ? its not safe to walk around at night where we live.

Do you think he would come around our street and sort the soi dogs out?whistling.gif

why not do it yourself?, you come across as the kind of person who would be capable of doing it.......

No problem ,especially to those two soi dogs that killed the two year old the other day,or would you rather they were allowed to roam the streets ? its not safe to walk around at night where we live.

not too bad here in jomtien but when we lived up in nongkhai there where many areas that where no go after dark and many incidents of dog bites, got bad at one time there was at least one a week there was almost a mass cull organised by the falang community, even driving the truck home at night packs of dogs trying to eat the truck

• Like 1

I was going to take out the flames and such but now its too late so just cool it OK.

When I lived in Singapore they had problems with dogs left behind from when the kampongs were vacated to make room for apartment blocks, their answer was to use the Primary Production Unit who would work at night and shoot them before they became a problem, I do not know if they used tranquilliser darts or bullets.

It most certainly has something to do with you, because I never had a problem with soi dogs for over 10 years

It most certainly has something to do with you, because I never had a problem with soi dogs for over 10 years

And what about the two year old killed by them ,was it something to do with him? sad.png

• Like 1

And what about the two year old killed by them ,was it something to do with him? sad.png

What do you think it was? I do not believe he was just walking along, and the 2 just attacked for no reason day time

What does 6 dogs being poisoned for doing nothing but poop on a field have to do with a two year old being attacked by dogs? I do hope you aren't saying all dogs are exactly the same and that what one dog does another dog deserves to be punished for? That sounds familiar here.

As for poisoning deaths yes 23962323, has it right its horrible. My neighbor's dog died this way and she didn't have the heart to put it out of its long agonizing death, it took several hours to die poor animal.

• Like 1

and most of the dogs on the sois of thailand are WILD animals and should not be roaming free

If they are WILD animals, i guess you must be living in the jungle surrounded by the monkeys as wellrolleyes.gif

What does 6 dogs being poisoned for doing nothing but poop on a field have to do with a two year old being attacked by dogs? I do hope you aren't saying all dogs are exactly the same and that what one dog does another dog deserves to be punished for? That sounds familiar here.

As for poisoning deaths yes 23962323, has it right its horrible. My neighbor's dog died this way and she didn't have the heart to put it out of its long agonizing death, it took several hours to die poor animal.

Believe me i have nothing against dogs that are properly looked after and kept at home ,i am talking about wild dogs running free in the streets.

Why is it that Buddhist Thailand is full of soi dogs whilst ultra-Buddhist Myanmar (and i'm living in Yangon) has almost no soi dogs - and I do not see dog on the local restaurant menu either.

The plain fact is that soi dogs in Thailand need humane culling - en masse.

ps - and there aren't any motorbikes in Yangon either - bliss!!

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1

I am getting very tired of cleaning up this topic after some people make a mess of it, the next writer of the next inflammatory or off topic post gets one weeks free lay off.

Soi dogs are a bloomin menace ,if the do gooders love them so much why don"t they take them home and care for them ,if not dont moan.

actually the "gooders" do not moan and do take them home and to the vets, while the other group who seems to think they have the right to speak up while not giving anything to the society into which they migrated are the moaners.

I have personally given home to 7 and now onto 8th as of 3 days ago, i have rehomed(found homes) for at least 14 , i also own a business, pay taxes and contribute in many other ways and you do not hear me moaning about soi dogsthumbsup.gif