Immigration In General

With good reason this sub-forum is very popular. And it will remain so, as long as Thai-Immigration laws can be interpretated by any little immigration-employee at his/her discretion. I said it before in this forum and I say it again: It's simply outrageous. I know of no civilized country, that allowes that written laws can be bent and twisted by people that happen to work at a given governement job.

Try to interpret laws in Europe at your discretion as a state-employee. How long will anyone last on the job before he/her gets fired ?

Upon raising such basic questions, even among my farang-buddies, I usually get the answer: "Well this is Thailand, can't help it".

Of course, as long as this Farang-Attitude of "Well this is Thailand, can't help it" persists, nothing will ever change.

No wonder, that more and more Farangs prefer to have their official domicile in Cambodia (no endless visa-hassle) and only return to Thailand on an occasional 30 day stamp at the airport if the urge arises to visit Thailand again.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Yep it's a dysfunctional country. You only have to look at the 6 year wait for PR approvals to see how useless the immigration system is. As long as there is a different immigration minister and interior minster every year then don't expect anything to change or any improvements.

Edited by Time Traveller

I wonder about all of these people moving to Cambodia do you have any numbers on that. I guess i am special because I have never been asked for anything than required by the regulations and how do you propose faranges changing the thai system of doing things.

Swissie: this seems like a troll post...only trying to energize the other misfits on TV who can't adjust to Thailand.

If you had followed this sub-forum for any length of time you will notice that immigration laws here are, for the most part, applied consistently between offices and personnel. The staff are generally friendly and helpful.

If you have personal experience to report that you think shows inconsistency, then have courage to post it and let the TV members decide.

• Like 1