Usa Equipment In Thailand

bkkfarang44

Moved here from USA and brought with me my hi fi equipment and TV, I actually moved here 2 years ago and had everything working right. I went and purchased a converter that converted 220V - 110V and I had to buy a signal converted for the TV. I had everything working right at my old condo and then I moved to a new condo, when I went to hook everything up again I fried the converter box for the TV and the pwoer station that I ran all the hi fi equipment through.

The only difference in the new condo is I upgraded thr True cable package and now have to use a box and the fact that I am a dumb ass when it comes to electronics. At the old place the matinance man hooked everything up and now I can not seem to get the system up and going. I am willing to pay someone to come and do the installation as the 2 units I already fried where quite expensive and the the remaining components are as well.

So does anyone know a good installer who is familar with what I want done?

Please help!

Sorry for your grief... Went thru the same conversion process upon moving here some years back...

Not really sure why you'd be having any extraordinary problems...

All your U.S. sourced equipment likely is 110/120 and will require voltage coversion transformer(s) to work here with Thai 220V electricity.

All your Thai sourced electronics, such as the True cable box, should plug directly into your condo's electrical outlets without any problem.

AFAIK, you should be able to make audio and video connections (not power supply ones) between the various pieces of equipment, so long as they're each getting the correct power they require from their individual power cords/plugs.

The U.S. equipment is going to have varying wattage requirements, so you'll need to make sure that your transformer(s) are capable of handling the power pull of the devices you plug into them.

What exactly did you do that resulted in you frying some of your equipment?