Content Of Bank Letter

Hi,

I am about to go in for my 1st 1 year extension based on marriage.

Having read many posts here I believe I am clear on what to take.

I wanted to ask what specifically does a bank latter contain?

I use Ayudhya Bank & although they probably know what is needed

I thought I might find out myself just in case they did not know.

Is it just something on their letterhead stating my balance & amount of time seasoned?

Also I have read the letter must be recent. Is there a guidline for this requirement?

Is a week too early? Is it best to just get it the day before?

If it is the day before I thought it would be prudent to know what to ask for in the letter

just in case they are not familiar with the process.

Thank You

The " rules " change by the hour. A letter from the previous day should be ok but one with the same day would be safe. Balance and written confirmation from bank how long money has been seasoned for.

Just in case a photograph of you and the bank manager shaking hands and handing over the income letter will really seal the deal. (joking, but you never know what else they will pul outta the air on the day).

good luck with your first application. Lots of smiles and bringing along some fruit always helps.

Agree that the rules aren't what matters, it's the office and the officer. Best practice for those who prefer to go to Immigration in the morning is to get the bank letter the day before, then on the way to Immigration stop at an ATM and withdraw 100 baht. Show the ATM receipt if needed.

Agree that the rules aren't what matters, it's the office and the officer. Best practice for those who prefer to go to Immigration in the morning is to get the bank letter the day before, then on the way to Immigration stop at an ATM and withdraw 100 baht. Show the ATM receipt if needed.

Be careful with this as the balance of the bank certificate and the bank book has to be the same.

As mentioned it is the best to go to the bank in the morning of the application date.

When at the bank, make a transaction via the ATM etc.

After this update the bankbook and get the bank letter.

In this way you get the latest date in your bankbook and the same balance in your bankbook and bank letter.

Phuket Immigration will (most of the time ) refuse the application if the balance in the bankbook and letter are not the same or the bankbook does not have the latest update date in it.

• Like 1

The " rules " change by the hour. A letter from the previous day should be ok but one with the same day would be safe. Balance and written confirmation from bank how long money has been seasoned for.

Just in case a photograph of you and the bank manager shaking hands and handing over the income letter will really seal the deal. (joking, but you never know what else they will pul outta the air on the day).

good luck with your first application. Lots of smiles and bringing along some fruit always helps.

Don't know if you are serious, but doing all that is not necessary. Get the letter on latest date you can before your appointment. The Major banks knolw what to do. Just match the date of the letter with your last use and provide the copies to immigration they require. If it's over the required amount by a few baht and seasoned for the required time you should have no problems. And forget the fruit. The appearance of a gratuity by others is not good and immigration does not expect it.

BAY Head Office does all the Bank Letters, scans them and sends them to the Branch in less than one hour. You just fill in a request form at the Branch. Two months ago I did this one day prior to my application with no issues at Chaeng Wattana.

• Like 1

The bank letter needs to be written in Thai, I also got a six month bank statement printed off with the bank stamp and the manager's signature, I also photocopied the front page of my bankbook showing the accout number and name, immigration in Ranong was happy with that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

The bank letter needs to be written in Thai, I also got a six month bank statement printed off with the bank stamp and the manager's signature, I also photocopied the front page of my bankbook showing the accout number and name, immigration in Ranong was happy with that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Therefore you always have to check the local immigration office requirements.

As Phuket immigration don't accept the 6 months bank statement with bank book front page.

They require an copy of all used pages from the bank book.