Tourist Visa Extension

Hmm looks like I will just make another trip up to Vientiane then! Weighing the options of spending 1,900 bahts plus extras (BTS, taxi's) to get to Chaeng Wattana, (I'm in the Bang Na area!) and then making another trip after 30 days extension, it would make more sense to just get to Vientiane and get another 60 day TR! Love Vientiane so, all good! :)

Thanks for the reply though! :)

Time for me to hijack.

I will be arriving in Thailand on Thursday on a regular 30 day stamp but will be staying for 2 months.

UK national, married to a Thai national but wont have any marrige certificates with me.

What are my options for the extra month?

If you are allowed on the flight you can enter by air again for another 30 days visa exempt entry - you can make land entry two times for 15 days each or you can obtain a tourist visa for a 60 day entry with overnight stay in Laos or other country and application at Thai Consulate. Is the Thai national here? Do they have marriage certificate/ID card/home register to allow a 60 day extension?

If you are allowed on the flight you can enter by air again for another 30 days visa exempt entry - you can make land entry two times for 15 days each or you can obtain a tourist visa for a 60 day entry with overnight stay in Laos or other country and application at Thai Consulate. Is the Thai national here? Do they have marriage certificate/ID card/home register to allow a 60 day extension?

Thanks mate.

The wifey is in Thailand but away from our home were the marrige certificate is.

Think I'll do the land entry thing, just wasn't sure I could do it twice.

You could go to the immigration office in Samut Prakan since you are on tourist visa you can go to any immigration office.

Hi, I checked on the Samut Prakan website but not sure if it makes sense or maybe I understood wrongly but they said on there that I could get a Permission Letter for the extension, but still have to get to Chaeng Wattana? I'm still contemplating as, if it turns out I could get the extension done in S P office, much better as its closer to me than going all the way to Chaeng Wattana!

Sorry to be a pain but how can one be sure that an extension can be done in SamutPrakan? (that would be awesome for me!)

Thanks! :)

As per post you quoted, you can use any immigration office to ask for the 30 day extension. Simply fill in the form and take along pasport photo, copy of passport and of arrival/departure card and 1,900 baht.

Only the extension of a non-immigrant visa requires that you go to the office for the area where you are living.

• 2 weeks later...

As per post you quoted, you can use any immigration office to ask for the 30 day extension. Simply fill in the form and take along pasport photo, copy of passport and of arrival/departure card and 1,900 baht.

Only the extension of a non-immigrant visa requires that you go to the office for the area where you are living.

I just got mine done at the Samutprakan office! So yes it can be done at any Immigration office in Bangkok, and since I stay in the Bang Na area, it makes it easier for me to get it done there. It was quick and simple too, arrived there at 11:25am, and was out by 11:55am!

And eventhough I went today (28th November), they still gave me up till Jan 3rd! So that's like, a little bit more than 30 days, which means they still go by the "use by" date of the TR and mine says Jan 3rd. I thought for sure they would've back tracked my days since I went a few days earlier.

So, all good on my side! Thanks everyone!! :)