Do You Go To Your Favorite Bars Based On The Management?

cathy211

Quite a few people have mentioned that so and so is moving from managing one bar to another. I could care less. All I care about is the music volume/quality, temperature of the drinks, and the staff/service.

But I know others who frequent the soi LK metro area often who claim they only visit a particular bar based on their relationship with the owner/manager. "Where everybody knows your name" is a big deal to them...

You?

Yes, but it's not my relationship with the management that matters but the way that the bar is managed. .

Like the OP :" All I care about is the music volume/quality, temperature of the drinks, and the staff/service"

All I care about is the music volume/quality, temperature of the drinks, and the staff/service

Me too. I try to avoid places where everyone knows the 'management' or the other way around. They get boring and mostly you always see the same people in there. Same same...

It's the quality of the DJ. Thai DJs somehow hold the management by the balls and they play whatever they dam_n well please at whatever volume they please. I've seen one destroy a bar by driving away the customers.

There are bars and there are bars ,most long term guys that are married go to bars that dont have girls for hire ,but go to bars where they can have a quiet drink with friends ,i rarely hear wrinkly retirees moaning as one poster put it ,my friends are happy free and easy guys who enjoy living here and meeting up with friends .

I assume the guys he is talking about are the mongers like him who go to the noisy girly bars.smile.png

It's the quality of the DJ. Thai DJs somehow hold the management by the balls and they play whatever they dam_n well please at whatever volume they please. I've seen one destroy a bar by driving away the customers.

Dont get why they have DJ's simply put on mp3 into something like win amp then the management control music not the DJ. They are a waste of space.
  • Like 1

Is drinking at TOPS food court considered as going to a bar ? cheap beer, aircon and no bg's pestering for lady drinks.. welcome to heaven 555

Edited by yoslim
  • Like 1

Is drinking at TOPS food court considered as going to a bar ? cheap beer, aircon and no bg's pestering for lady drinks.. welcome to heaven 555

hehe. I like TOPs. Used to chat with the lady that ran the inernet PCs there. She has moved on now. I seriously considered buying her operation but I was not quite ready to make the move to doing any business in Thailand just yet.

The management can make a difference. Whinging old timers can be moved on, music volume adjusted as requested, TVs turned to the right channel at the right time for the sports that you want to watch, occasional friendly hello/chat, so to me Management can/do affect where I drink.

I think you have it just about spot-on in your OP but I would also add location. I like to be able to sit and watch the world go by during the day-time and early evening.

I agree. I don't go to bars often however when I'm bored or friends visit I am a people watcher so I would also include the location.

I can't remember the name but there is a bar on Walking St that has always played good tunes, has good service, bar girls that leave you alone unless you indicate you want company, good prices and best of all a human zoo to watch. This is if you are fortunate enough to get the front tables on the street.

I couldn't give a rats arse about the Management if it doesn't directly interfere with my cold beer every 15 minutes or the price etc.

you should also consider 7-11 stores, there you also get to see people passing by

i could not care less who is managing or own the place as long as i enjoy my time there with whatever i am doing.

one thing that does piss me off though and i usually do not return is when prices change daily for the very same drink and when mamasan's start to push girls onto me or staff start to show me the girls, as if i do not have a pair of eyes and cannot see they have girls

you should also consider 7-11 stores, there you also get to see people passing by

ah but you dont get free aircon sitting on the step outside a 7/11..LOL

My order of importance for attending the bars are in this order:

1. Must have COLD beer

2. Must be the right price

3. Music low but up louder when the right crowd is in

4. Then good management where by the boss buys you a drink occasionaly for supporting their business and says hello. I prefer Thai owned bars.

The rest I don't care about but it's nice looking at some pretty bar girls if they are about.

My order of importance for attending the bars are in this order:

1. Must have COLD beer

2. Must be the right price

3. Music low but up louder when the right crowd is in

4. Then good management where by the boss buys you a drink occasionaly for supporting their business and says hello. I prefer Thai owned bars.

The rest I don't care about but it's nice looking at some pretty bar girls if they are about.

100% agree with the above, I would also add that the owner of the bar has control over all the above - familiarity breeds contempt is my only caution about bar owners managers, also bars linked to website forums are the worst, I believe it does more harm than good - the sooner some owners realise this the better - technology at it's worst