Jobs In Bangkok

hello guys can anybody put me in touch with anybody or give me some info on jobs for british people in call center in thailand i need to find employment my wife and little boy are from thailand and would like to work here but all above aboard thanks

Think you will find the sort of "call centers" manned by British expats in Thailand are the ones you do not want to get involved with..

Ditto, I Don't think there are many legit call centres in Thailand. Use due diligence.

TEFL probably a much safer option.

Good Luck,

Edited by wannascuba

If you are looking at simply being someone in a call centre who answers the phone, I'd say your chances are close to zero. If you have senior experience, and are looking at providing higher level solutions, there are companies and consultancies that deal in this area, eg Caelan Wright and Associates...

http://www.caelanwright.com/

:)

Edited by fletchsmile

Most jobs in Thailand for Expats are teaching jobs, sorry to disappoint you. But, if you have a degree say in Business Finance or Real Estate or Insurance you might be able to approach some of those firms for job. Jobs for expats often can be found on JobsDB Thailand. Sometimes ajarn.com will get a few job postings like this but rarely.

Call centers in Bangkok or in Asia are notorious for being scams and they hire people from those nationalities they target in their scams. I remember last year, there was an advertisement flyer posted in some of the taverns in Silom looking for Call Center reps and the position was at Silom Complex. I did happen to listen to the interview at Starbucks on the corner of Rama 4, but it sounded like a joke to me since the woman was interviewing some young European lad for the potion.

Finding a job will be difficult even with experience. I'm employed through a friend in the music industry but I want to get back into telecom because I'm good at it. However, most postings are for thai nationals only with excellent English language skills. Coming from the states, I thought that most companies would jump at hiring someone with my experience. Sadly, it is a misconception. From the employer's standpoint, what's the drawback to hiring a foreigner? I don't imagine a work permit being difficult to get if they really wanted me. Is it because the field is restricted? I know people in the same field but they work through a multinational on expat packages subcontracted to thai banks. Personally, I'd be happy with a decent thai salary package.

Shawn

• Like 1

From the employer's standpoint, what's the drawback to hiring a foreigner? I don't imagine a work permit being difficult to get if they really wanted me.

Pay a higher tax than if hired Thai national.

Lots of visa-related paperwork, incl. licensing to hire a certain number of foreigners.

For every foreigner hired, obliged to also hire several Thai nationals, pay their sick leaves, etc.

So in general, a farang has to be really, really good at what you're doing in order they wanted to hire.

And yes, there are jobs/industries farangs are simply prohibited.

Edited by bytebuster

Pay a higher tax than if hired Thai national.

Lots of visa-related paperwork, incl. licensing to hire a certain number of foreigners.

For every foreigner hired, obliged to also hire several Thai nationals, pay their sick leaves, etc.

So in general, a farang has to be really, really good at what you're doing in order they wanted to hire.

And yes, there are jobs/industries farangs are simply prohibited.

Have you actually ever worked in Thailand ?

1. Thai companies hiring foreigners do not get taxed at a higher amount

2. there is paperwork, but if you know what you are doing, or employ someone who knows what they are doing not a big deal

3. Simply not true, what you are referring to is the 4:1 ratio in a limited company, for every WP issued they do not need to hire "another" 4 Thai's if there are enough Thai nationals already employed by the company

• 3 weeks later...