Awful Encounter At Ray'S Bike Shop Today

NinjaNick

Dear 60 year old farang who came to Ray's shop today and cursed at him, me, insulted my country, called my friend a whore, and then threatened to beat my face in just because I asked you to calm down and stop yelling at Ray for something out of his control. I was not being offensive to you in anyway whatsoever and Ray is one of my best friends and your behaviour was unacceptable and disgusting. and if you ever hit me again I won't be so forgiving and I guarantee that the police will be involved.

Pray we don't meet again.

If as you say the farang hit you, the police should have been called this time. Not wait for a secnd time.

you're right but I'm naive and apparently he has friends who are high ranking in the police force... I don't know what that means exactly as I'm new to this country so i just went with my gut which said let it be and i let it go. He didn't hit me hard but it was enough to bruise my shoulder and knock me back.

I don't know what his beef with me was you know? I'm a nice guy and I hate when people think they can do or act as they please in this country. As Ray is one of my good friends, I don't like to see him being insulted like that and i just stood up for him.

If as you say the farang hit you, the police should have been called this time. Not wait for a secnd time.

you're right but I'm naive and apparently he has friends who are high ranking in the police force... I don't know what that means exactly as I'm new to this country so i just went with my gut which said let it be and i let it go. He didn't hit me hard but it was enough to bruise my shoulder and knock me back.

I don't know what his beef with me was you know? I'm a nice guy and I hate when people think they can do or act as they please in this country. As Ray is one of my good friends, I don't like to see him being insulted like that and i just stood up for him.

i always laugh and almost every loud people i met told me they had high ranking police friends laugh.png

off topic, does ray speak english? im looking for a reliable honest mechanic here in cm for my tzm, sounds good. pm me

• Like 1

99.99% farang out of a hundred who say they have "friends who are high ranking in the police force" are just BS. In any case, they might be paying them tea money, but they are not their friends.

99.99% farang out of a hundred who say they have "friends who are high ranking in the police force" are just BS. In any case, they might be paying them tea money, but they are not their friends.

ah okay :) good to know! besides i wasn't too worried anyways, a 60 year old, over weight and a smoker vs a healthy 20 year old in his prime wouldn't exactly have been the most amazing street fight ever. but yea, all kidding aside, glad to know that its 99.99 % bs and that its most likely tea money.

you should have gone outside and let his tyres down.....shown him you mean business

To hell with that, the OP should have taken the old farang to task right there on the spot. Especially if said farang had laid his hands on the OP.

Coming here and issuing a warning is well, rather pathetic.

EDIT: I can't spell for crap

Edited by KeyserSoze01

you should have gone outside and let his tyres down.....shown him you mean business

To hell with that, the OP should have taken the old farang to task right there on the spot. Especially if said farang had laid his hands on the OP.

Coming here and issuing a warning is well, rather pathetic.

EDIT: I can't spell for crap

lol yea maybe it was a lil pathetic. but it was just my way of venting my frustration. I'm sure you can understand that. And to be honest I would have slugged him had Ray and my friend not split it up. They felt it was better not to add to an already tense situation so goods on them.

hey mods, feel free to close or lock this topic. My frustration is vented and I doubt this rant will add anything to the Thai visa forums.

If anybody is looking for Ray's shop here is his site (not sure how up to date all the info is) and also feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. Take care and keep smiling

http://www.dreambikes.8k.com/contact.html

Feels like there is something missing from this story, like the lead-up and prior contact by the customer with this Ray fellow. There must have been some reason the customer was so disappointed by unexpectedly not getting what he was seeking.

Is this a pushbike shop or motorcycle shop? What was the part? Was the OP also at the scene when Ray and the customer first made contact (which appears to have been on an earlier day)?

Unless you are suggesting this customer was insane, what exactly was the run-up and tipping point to make him so upset?

60 years old? Didn't get get some idea of his intentions when he inched close to you with his walking frame?

I have to laugh at that. I've seen some 60++ year old guys around C.M. that are in far better physical shape than many 20-30 year old guys around here. I saw one farang guy get out of his car near Airport Plaza one time and walk up to the door of another car driven by a much younger fat farang, open the door, pull him out, and floor him with one punch. The guy doing the punching had to be 70 or more and built like a tank, his arms covered with Navy tattoos. Don't let age fool you!

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

Funny thing about this, in one year living in CM I've had one physical confrontation and a couple of minor verbal conflicts, all with falang, never with anyone Thai. I watched 3 women yesterday, sauntering along the soi in front of my building, shoulder to shoulder, completely taking up one side o the narrow soi. I politely mentioned to them, as we passed, that they do not have the right here and that they might get hurt walking in the middle of the road. I was told to <deleted>> off by the younger one of the three. I actually expected that sort of response so I just shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. A few seconds later a big SUV passed me, then I heard a horn beep, followed by a looooooooong insistent blast. Sadly, too typical. Note to the OP - I am not one to condone or encourage violence but, you should have decked he jerk.

Oh yes ray's shop is in jed yod it's for the big bikes i once had an old guy farrang guy attack me at a fair on children's day when i was with all the kids from my school but he got more then he bargained for when i gave him a swift low kick just to back him away from me i guess he did not know i have done muay thai for over 8 years , he was walking round talking to himself and he asked me what i was looking at i said nothing then he tried to take a swing at me i was like <deleted> .

besides i wasn't too worried anyways, a 60 year old, over weight and a smoker vs a healthy 20 year old in his prime wouldn't exactly have been the most amazing street fight ever.

Especially when the 20 year old is a Ninja!

Ninja-150x150.jpg

Ninja should have seen that one coming. :rolleyes:

• Like 1