2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you like them, grip always comes before longevity for me and the Rosso IIs just ooze grip.

Just had the front Rosso II on my Ninja650 replaced for a Supercorsa Pro, as it was worn out and I intend to attack Bira during Songkran. Grrrrrrrrrrrrip!!

Tried out the Rosso II's on my favorite tight twisty hill today.

Took longer to get them but they got installed this morning.

What a transformation they made to this bike ! Really way beyond my expectations.

I Have had good tires on other bikes but I guess the difference from stock on those

compared to stock on this N250 was much wider.

Right from the beginning riding I could tell they would be nice. The bike just turned in better even on my way to

the hills. Also where I had originally thought that maybe I would need to lower the shock setting/stiffness on the rear to a softer setting

all is fine now.

Before if I had to brake hard before a turn or even using high RPM engine braking the back would skittle/chatter & loose contact.

Now it is just planted solid. I guess the stock tires really had a hard long wear compound with little carcass give.

But the best is the full leans. You can go as far as you like now & I had no problems getting to the edge.

So sure footed! Exiting turns while accelerating now also extremely sure footed.

I am really impressed / blown away actually by the difference these made on this bike.

• Like 2

Glad you like them, grip always comes before longevity for me and the Rosso IIs just ooze grip.

Just had the front Rosso II on my Ninja650 replaced for a Supercorsa Pro, as it was worn out and I intend to attack Bira during Songkran. Grrrrrrrrrrrrip!!

Yeah Thanks Karlos like them a lot

I had also looked at the Corsa's but reading what 250 guys in the US

wrote about them

They claimed great track tires but on the 250 & on the street they never got them to

proper temp to take advantage of them.

Your using them on your 650 for some track time sounds like a good idea.

Post back how you like them too!

• Like 1

Tried out the Rosso II's on my favorite tight twisty hill today.

Took longer to get them but they got installed this morning.

What a transformation they made to this bike ! Really way beyond my expectations.

I Have had good tires on other bikes but I guess the difference from stock on those

compared to stock on this N250 was much wider.

Right from the beginning riding I could tell they would be nice. The bike just turned in better even on my way to

the hills. Also where I had originally thought that maybe I would need to lower the shock setting/stiffness on the rear to a softer setting

all is fine now.

Before if I had to brake hard before a turn or even using high RPM engine braking the back would skittle/chatter & loose contact.

Now it is just planted solid. I guess the stock tires really had a hard long wear compound with little carcass give.

But the best is the full leans. You can go as far as you like now & I had no problems getting to the edge.

So sure footed! Exiting turns while accelerating now also extremely sure footed.

I am really impressed / blown away actually by the difference these made on this bike.

i had supercorsas after diablos on my last er6n and they were very nice tyres indeed , i was tempted to get the same again but i sold that bike and bought a ninja650 with bridgestone battlaxes 023s and they are also a truely excellent tyre ,so smooth you think they upgraded your suspension and sticks to the road like glue .........had one or two emergency stops and they saved me from going into someones back bumper

worth every penny to get good quality tyres on your bike ,probably the best thing to buy after a helmet imo

il be testing Avon Distanzias on my versys next since they get very positive reviews on the kawa and some other forums .....but i have to burn the pirellis off it first smile.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to be a dick here, but why do people continue to advertise speedo top speeds which are well known to be notoriously inaccurate (often exaggerated by more than 10%) when gps is so readily available and considerably more accurate. Maybe it's because the speedo reading is typically much higher and makes for more favourable bragging rights. I've read countless anecdotal reports claiming that the 2008 gen of the Ninja 250R is a 100 mph+ bike (stock). Yet, any test review of the Ninja 250R I've read online or in print that uses a gps for top speed has never achieved a figure higher than the high 90s, and certainly none 100mph or greater.

I will post a top end chart when I get an open road.

Now as for top speed....I will say I feel this bike is going to have no problem cracking 100 mph

I think I can safely guarantee that.

Wanted to post back to this & update.

I would like to say I was wrong when I said no problem cracking 100mph

It does in fact break 160kph but not easily as in "no problem breaking 100" like I said previously.

Also sorry I did not take GPS with me today so no graph. Will try to remember next time.

I did the SanKamphaeng loop today alone & did not realize the road back would have such open stretches

http://www.gt-rider....s/san-kamphaeng

As such I was able to stretch the Ninja a bit. As I said it does break 160kph but I would not say easily.

Wind up 5th to redline shift into 6th & wait

While 5th takes you to 150kph quick enough 6th taking you over 160kph takes roughly 15 seconds

which seems like a long time on Thai roads at that speed.

So I would say that video I posted in the original post is a fair representation of the 2013 N250.

As I note in that video it took him about 15 seconds to get from 150 to 160 & another 12 seconds to get to 170kph

Probably does top out right around 170 indicated if you have the room.

With the gps I used last time it showed consistently the Ninja speedo read 3kph higher than the gps so probably

167 actual.

Also as I said it did take a boring road to achieve this laugh.png

To tell you the truth I am not comfy at this speed here in the North on Thai roads.

Even on a long double lane like today you need to constantly watch for those

U turn opening where it seems cars, trucks & buses dont give a flying hoot if they see a bike coming or not.

So, yes just wanted to revisit this comment & post my experience today.

Edited by mania

I saw one of these in the flesh today, lovely looking bike and not far off a ZX10! Does the SE sold here have ABS?

No ABS here.

I went to Kawasaki yesterday and asked when mine is arriving. The guy looked in his computer and said I was at No. 20 on the list, So i should have it in about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

160 kmh is a good speed here imo and enough. For a 250 cc really not bad!

So speedo on ninja250 is pretty accurate then you say?

Yes back in this post where I used the GPS

it was consistently within 3kph & could be due to lag

but the gps always read 3kph lower at many speeds versus indicated speedo reading.

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5998147

Yeah I imagine in Bangkok you have freeways that you need not worry about

private roads or U turns coming into your path quickly.

But here in the North even a stretch like today holds no guarantees that

some farmer is not going to pull

onto the road from the left or someone is going to use one of those U turn

openings in the medial strip on your right.

As such not really comfy at those speeds here also with the exception

of the speed perception it is not all that entertaining IMHO

Same as when i lived in the US

There were roads with no possible entries so you felt ok

opening it up & many times I had my 900RR over 150mph/250kph

But once there not much to it.

But here? Nah I dont think I would be comfy

Cars aside you also have the possibility of a small herd of goats etc

like I passed today trotting up the side of the road with no ties around their necks.

They seem smart enough but hey laugh.png

Give me a safe tight twisty road where speeds are 50/100kph & I am much happier

Even then you need to be careful but your just making a bunch of smaller quick acceleration/decelerations

So you can react & slow down is not a long proposition

biggrin.png

Edited by mania

I saw one of these in the flesh today, lovely looking bike and not far off a ZX10! Does the SE sold here have ABS?

As Mac said no ABS here & I think I read elsewhere it is only available on the Special Edition Green models?

Could have changed not sure.

Yes it really is a very attractive bike. I get compliments all the time & of course the young Thai's love it & always have a question.

I have even had tuk-tuk drivers at stop lights tell me Suay Mak ! wink.png Well hope they were talking about the bike tongue.png

Edited by mania

160 kmh is a good speed here imo and enough. For a 250 cc really not bad!

So speedo on ninja250 is pretty accurate then you say?

Yes back in this post where I used the GPS

it was consistently within 3kph & could be due to lag

but the gps always read 3kph lower at many speeds versus indicated speedo reading.

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5998147

Yeah I imagine in Bangkok you have freeways that you need not worry about

private roads or U turns coming into your path quickly.

But here in the North even a stretch like today holds no guarantees that

some farmer is not going to pull

onto the road from the left or someone is going to use one of those U turn

openings in the medial strip on your right.

As such not really comfy at those speeds here also with the exception

of the speed perception it is not all that entertaining IMHO

Same as when i lived in the US

There were roads with no possible entries so you felt ok

opening it up & many times I had my 900RR over 150mph/250kph

But once there not much to it.

But here? Nah I dont think I would be comfy

Cars aside you also have the possibility of a small herd of goats etc

like I passed today trotting up the side of the road with no ties around their necks.

They seem smart enough but hey laugh.png

Give me a safe tight twisty road where speeds are 50/100kph & I am much happier

Even then you need to be careful but your just making a bunch of smaller quick acceleration/decelerations

So you can react & slow down is not a long proposition

biggrin.png

<deleted>.king u turns are everywhere in Thailand unfortunately mania.>_>

Even in Bkk and nearby.

Yes northern roads are a little mixed bit fun!

And i agree 100 kmh on a twisty road is better than a 250 kmh on the highway:lol:

But a little bit speeding on a stretch is good for senses and mental health sometime:D

I got my magic phone call today. It's ready to go now!

It'll have to wait until Saturday as I'm too busy now.

Congrats man. Wish you happy rides.

But can you really wait to ride your new nice bike until saturday for 5 more days?:lol:

I cannot but respect the people that can!

C'mon.

Edited by loserlazer

I got my magic phone call today. It's ready to go now!

It'll have to wait until Saturday as I'm too busy now.

Congrats man. Wish you happy rides.

But can you really wait to ride your new nice bike until saturday for 5 more days?laugh.png

I cannot but respect the people that can!

C'mon.

Didn't you leave yours at the showroom for quite a while?

Anyway, I could get earlier, but I don't want my first ride to be battling through Bangkok rush hour traffic.

Anyway, I could get earlier, but I don't want my first ride to be battling through Bangkok rush hour traffic.

Yeah no worries do it on your schedule.

Personally I would be a bit worried about a new toy in BK's rush hour too smile.png

I don't know how you guys stand it.

The first ride or two I was also a bit cautious with the new baby.

But once you warm to it you will be darting in & out of cars easily.

It really is nice & narrow & goes anywhere our scooter can but has the added

bonus of a blip of the throttle moves you quicker through the openings.

Very easy bike to warm too.

Enjoy & I look forward to your first impressions & pics too.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yeah no worries do it on your schedule.

Personally I would be a bit worried about a new toy in BK's rush hour too smile.png

I don't know how you guys stand it.

The first ride or two I was also a bit cautious with the new baby.

But once you warm to it you will be darting in & out of cars easily.

It really is nice & narrow & goes anywhere our scooter can but has the added

bonus of a blip of the throttle moves you quicker through the openings.

Very easy bike to warm too.

Enjoy & I look forward to your first impressions & pics too.

How do you find the stock mirrors through heavy traffic?

How do you find the stock mirrors through heavy traffic?

Funny you mention that because they did take a little getting use too.

I have a happy medium now that shows well what is behind/ & to the sides closer in

to the sides of the bike & with a small forward head movement I can check wider angles

Kind of had to find what worked because if you set them for the wider view you

end up with blind spots in close. So this works well for me & how I have them set now.

They are easy to adjust a little while riding but they are stiff in their sockets

so you need to play with them a little.

The moveable stalks are good when you park in a tight area you can fold them forward or back

& save them from being clipped by folks squeezing thru etc. But they have no in between settings.

They can fold back or point straight ahead like you see them when Kawasaki receives the bikes.

Then when you come back & pop them in place by grabbing the stalk to move it & they have not lost any of your previous tilt settings.

Not unlike many cars/trucks with the electric folding mirrors except manual :)

Edited by mania

How much is the Kawasaki 1st class insurance for the new N250? I recall about 9000B but I could be wrong. Also how much do they give you if the bike is stolen etc? Deductible? Medical costs etc?

Also, when you get the bike is registration, tax and compulsory insurance included in the price? If not, how much extra do you have to pay? I didn't get the chance to ask these questions at the expo.

Sorry,

How much is the Kawasaki 1st class insurance for the new N250? I recall about 9000B but I could be wrong. Also how much do they give you if the bike is stolen etc? Deductible? Medical costs etc?

Also, when you get the bike is registration, tax and compulsory insurance included in the price? If not, how much extra do you have to pay? I didn't get the chance to ask these questions at the expo.

Sorry,

Usually pays 80% for a complete loss

Sorry,

First class insurance is 9076 B and cover is for 130,000 B, deductible is 5000 B. I put down a deposit of 10K at the bike fest for one but having doubts now since I will do most of my riding in BKK and wondering whether I will enjoy riding a bike in this god awful traffic

Sorry,

First class insurance is 9076 B and cover is for 130,000 B, deductible is 5000 B. I put down a deposit of 10K at the bike fest for one but having doubts now since I will do most of my riding in BKK and wondering whether I will enjoy riding a bike in this god awful traffic

Well I've been offered 1st Class 6900B fire/theft is 120,000B deductible 6500B with Mittare.

I live in BKK and the traffic isn't always bad, I've been riding in BKK for a few years now and I still enjoy riding, I'm sure you'll still enjoy it too.

Sorry,

I paid 9777 for 1st class with MSIG

130k for fire or theft 5k deductible

Bodily/Comp 500k per person

10 Million each accident

Property Damages

2.5 million

Also includes personal accident for myself & passenger if any

50k per person &

300k Bail Bond

Compulsory insurance/registration etc. was 1570 THB additional & not included in price of bike

Edited by mania

I pay 8000 thb something for a 500 cc bike for 1st class from Tokio Marine 80 percent.

How come 1st class is more expensive on a 250 cc bike?

And macknife, i go hard with a bigger 500 cc and i see people going hard with bigger bikes than mine so i am sure you will have no troubles and you can change the mirrors anytime with small ones if it will be a concern.

I pay 8000 thb something for a 500 cc bike for 1st class from Tokio Marine 80 percent.

How come 1st class is more expensive on a 250 cc bike?

And macknife, i go hard with a bigger 500 cc and i see people going hard with bigger bikes than mine so i am sure you will have no troubles and you can change the mirrors anytime with small ones if it will be a concern.

Honda have a special deal with Tokio Marine hence cheaper prices. I found this out when approached them about insuring the ninja.
  • Like 1