Revelation

leolibby

I like to read this forum for interesting Buddhist discussion and dialogue.

Leolibby started his participation in this forum by calling Buddha a coward which I found offensive.

By now suggesting that God-centered revelatory religions are superior to Buddhism, I think he has violated the forum rules and he now seems more and more like a flame poster.

• Like 1

I like to read this forum for interesting Buddhist discussion and dialogue.

Leolibby started his participation in this forum by calling Buddha a coward which I found offensive.

By now suggesting that God-centered revelatory religions are superior to Buddhism, I think he has violated the forum rules and he now seems more and more like a flame poster.

Isn't he just trying t illicit discussion??

In some religions, consult with/ maintaining a relationship with/ or asking advice from God (through prayer) is a big part of it... followers of such religions believe God directs them on an individual basis.. How does that compare with Buddhism?

Edited by leolibby

I gather that noone knows exactly what Buddha taught. Buddha is dead now and can't reveal what he meant.

So wouldnt a religion headed by a God be superior? The correct path can always be revealed to you.

As the Buddha taught, it's vital you are always aware of your intention/s.

What is your intent in posing this question?

Is it entertainment value?

Do you have a need for religion in your life?

Do you fear impermanence?

Do you enjoy interaction with others?

What causes you to be drawn to religion when others are not?

What did Buddhism offer you but now does not?

Did you prefer a religious Buddhism over a living practice?

Do you believe you have a soul which is enduring?

When shopping around for a religion what do you look for?

Edited by rockyysdt

In some religions, consult with/ maintaining a relationship with/ or asking advice from God (through prayer) is a big part of it... followers of such religions believe God directs then on an individual basis.. How does that compare with Buddhism?

How does it compare?

Not very favourably I'm afraid.

I gather that noone knows exactly what Buddha taught. Buddha is dead now and can't reveal what he meant.

So wouldnt a religion headed by a God be superior? The correct path can always be revealed to you.

As the Buddha taught, it's vital you are always aware of your intention/s.

What is your intent in posing this question?

Is it entertainment value?

Do you have a need for religion in your life?

Do you fear impermanence?

Do you enjoy interaction with others?

What causes you to be drawn to religion when others are not?

What did Buddhism offer you but now does not?

Did you prefer a religious Buddhism over a living practice?

Do you believe you have a soul which is enduring?

When shopping around for a religion what do you look for?

My intent is ask questions that are not ofted asked, and get people thinking/talking.

rockyysdt, your posts are very knowledgable and I encourage you to keep up what you're doing. However, this will be my last post .

Edited by leolibby

It does seem odd. Leo will post something people find offensive, then say he is not being offensive, then gets offended.

I asked you once before to not offend Buddha and you replied you had every right to (or something to that effect).

Perhaps you do not see what you are doing, but many here have tried to advise that your choice of words may not be the best.

I think you are angry but that you hide that fact from yourself. Buddhism practiced rigorously would help you see and deal with that.

In some religions, consult with/ maintaining a relationship with/ or asking advice from God (through prayer) is a big part of it... followers of such religions believe God directs them on an individual basis.. How does that compare with Buddhism?

My personal view is not that god created man in his image, but men create gods in their own image.

With a god you can justify whatever happens as his/her will and use that as a prop for your life if you wish.

Graham