Newbies To Thaivisa.......

theblether

You're obviously convinced that the OP is just a sweet, innocent guy that cannot understand why some post negative comments to his numerous threads!

How have you come to that conclusion?!?! Given that a few posts ago she said that it was specifically not about that, this is a very odd statement to make.

But he's just a little baby! How could anyone not love him?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obviously convinced that the OP is just a sweet, innocent guy that cannot understand why some post negative comments to his numerous threads!

How have you come to that conclusion?!?! Given that a few posts ago she said that it was specifically not about that, this is a very odd statement to make.

As I said, if this was the real reason behind this thread, he would have posted it in the CM forum.

Edit - and as I've also said, the forums are generally helpful (IME) to those 'newbies' asking genuine questions.

Your conclusion is erroneous and not based on anything I have posted. I would highly recommend you drop this particular course of action.

As I said, if this was the real reason behind this thread, he would have posted it in the CM forum.

Edit - and as I've also said, the forums are generally helpful (IME) to those 'newbies' asking genuine questions.

Your conclusion is erroneous and not based on anything I have posted. I would highly recommend you drop this particular course of action.

OK - I'm sensible enough to take a warning from a mod - even if I don't understand what exactly I have said that is so offensive.

OK - I'm sensible enough to take a warning from a mod - even if I don't understand what exactly I have said that is so offensive.

Telling someone what they "obviously think" is just the kind of thing that puts people off. Making erroneous assumptions about someone's state of mind most likely based on one's own misconceptions and judgments and then making it personal in a public way is certainly not going to make any new member feel welcome.

Telling someone what they "obviously think" is just the kind of thing that puts people off. Making erroneous assumptions about someone's state of mind most likely based on one's own misconceptions and judgments and then making it personal in a public way is certainly not going to make any new member feel welcome.

OK, as I don't want to receive a 'holiday' for something that is offensive (even though I don't understand how my posts were in any way offensive compared to other posters in other threads) - I'll go away sad.png

There's a discussion going on in another place about the way newbies are being treated on Thaivisa.

So where abouts is this "another place" OP ?coffee1.gif

As newbies and or trolls do come over the fences/boarders, few doors away made out of Thai wood as well may one add, or the other one that is full of BSE w00t.gif

Win whistling.gif

It was the catalyst, not the sole reason.

Some examples:

I cant seem to find one that was a young girl moving to Thailand with her bf (which was posted in cm forum) and she was basically told her bf would cheat on her. ..which went on like that for a while.

one example : apparently she wont be able to keep her husband either.

another:

Just a couple of examples.

Giving even negative replies dont have to turn into shredding someone apart...surely people know the difference?

Banter and debate is fair enough, but launching in on a new member like a pack of vultures is unnecessary and plain nasty.

• Like 2

The OP is not about negativity. It is about the new guy to the forum asking what might be perceived by the 'knowledgeable' poster as a little naive, and then blasting him with vitriol.

Then all the other small minded, or small something anyway, posters join in with a condiment of chilli moonshine because it makes them feel better.

Nothing wrong with posting as you see it, if it is a negative view and true, I would see it as being positive.

+1

Just curious. Facebook has identified umteen million fake accounts. Is there anyway people on a popular thingamajig can be protected against the predators?

First you would have to explain what a 'fake account' is.

As far as I know only Google Plus insists people use their real names but Facebook and TV are essentially anonymous.

Just curious. Facebook has identified umteen million fake accounts. Is there anyway people on a popular thingamajig can be protected against the predators?

As far as I know only Google Plus insists people use their real names but Facebook and TV are essentially anonymous.

A fake account is politically incorrect to describe. Use your imagination and think about how one may use a fake account. If you cannot do that then please lend me your rose colored glasses.

A fake account is politically incorrect to describe. Use your imagination and think about how one may use a fake account. If you cannot do that then please lend me your rose colored glasses.

You might want to avoid talking about 'fake' accounts for the sake of avoiding controversy.

SC

You might want to avoid talking about 'fake' accounts for the sake of avoiding controversy.

SC

Point taken and I promise to erase my memory of any consideration of such things!

Banter and debate is fair enough, but launching in on a new member like a pack of vultures is unnecessary and plain nasty.

There is always the report button.

Of course, but, the point is, the new member is likely not going to want to come back, regardless of any report button, because of a very bad response and welcome.

• Like 1

eek,

Have you ever read The Narnia Chronicles and my analogy of the Black haired Dwarves and the Red headed Dwarves?

Essentially, no matter what you told the Black Haired Dwarves, they just couldn't understand what you said, they thought you were always against them and they just couldn't fathom common sense. Feed them fine Wine and good food and they would think you were feeding them stale water and rank straw.

Ah well, back to my fictional Island in the Atlantic.

• Like 1

There is always the report button.

What ? The packs of dogs have turned in vultures.. That's intriguing coffee1.gif

I am arelatively unexperienced newbie, i tell you that being bashed is much better than being ignored.. That said it's much easier to bash a newbie than the experienced members, nonetheless, everybody deserve a good bashing from time to time w00t.gif

( don't blame me but the awful stuff which i'm drinking )

Wow, this is impressive stuff, more dialogue than eastenders lol

at the end of the day i think most newbies to the site are not necessarily newbies to forums in general and its quite easy to skip over a sh..t reply and move on to the next one without taking it personally, its only words on a screen after all and there are always some who will offer a useful bit of info or a link for those of us newbies who arent accustomed to the way the site works all i did was wait for the replies and sift out the useful info and used that as a base for further research.

and even the rather more irate posters sometimes give useful info in the middle of a rant

Rik

So is he home now or what? He had posted so often for so long I assumed he lived here, and if he's back for New Year why make so much fuss about leaving? I don't know.

Just saying like, no intention of coming across as grumpy.

I have often confused his posts with StreetCowboys' as they seem to have a similar style. Must be something in the hot fat that Scottish chippies insist on ''cooking'' the pies in.

So is he home now or what? He had posted so often for so long I assumed he lived here, and if he's back for New Year why make so much fuss about leaving? I don't know.

I have often confused his posts with StreetCowboys' as they seem to have a similar style. Must be something in the hot fat that Scottish chippies insist on ''cooking'' the pies in.

I think what you mean is that they're both two quality members on Thaivisa and input a lot of good stuff on here even if some of them are blethering away with themselves. whistling.gif

• Like 2

biggrin.png Who are you talking about?! Is it theblether by chance?

I am home now, SC has a home one mile from mine, that may account for a similar outlook on things.

Split my OP into two....the first part was an appeal to stop bullying newbies, the second part was a reference to the social aspect of Thaivisa.

If some of you would stop treating TV as a war zone and treat it as a social medium then you would get a big surprise as to how sociable and hospitable your fellow members are. Smokie will confirm that we had truly magical days visiting TV members and outstanding nights too.

So yes I have made a fuss about leaving, I am delighted to make a fuss about saying thanks for the hospitality, it made my trip memorable. I wish I had more time as there were plenty more invitations that I could not take up, I will do next time though.

So less bullying and more blethering would make TV a more enjoyable place for everyone.

Hard to believe such civility from a man who lives not too far from Parkhead.

SC

There's naewhair farenuff fi Parkheid, man!

I am home now, SC has a home one mile from mine, that may account for a similar outlook on things.

Split my OP into two....the first part was an appeal to stop bullying newbies, the second part was a reference to the social aspect of Thaivisa.

If some of you would stop treating TV as a war zone and treat it as a social medium then you would get a big surprise as to how sociable and hospitable your fellow members are. Smokie will confirm that we had truly magical days visiting TV members and outstanding nights too.

So yes I have made a fuss about leaving, I am delighted to make a fuss about saying thanks for the hospitality, it made my trip memorable. I wish I had more time as there were plenty more invitations that I could not take up, I will do next time though.

So less bullying and more blethering would make TV a more enjoyable place for everyone.

My attempts to take the Chiang Rai sub forum down a broader path, including social media and interaction in addition to what was already there, was met with heavy resistance. They seem to see it as an either/or, while I think there is room for the traditional as well as the new. Apparently some felt so strongly they went off and started a completely new forum. I guess some people just find it difficult to play well with others when they don’t agree about everything.

You have managed to influence a portion of the posts here on TV and that is all anyone can expect.smile.png

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

You see its just this sort of agressive, vindictive posting that gives newbies a bad name.w00t.gif

And you don't even live here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!