Newbies To Thaivisa.......

theblether

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that theblether....mind you might have bought me a beer upstairs....rather than me quaffing in the biz lounge....I'm down to my last 80 Baht here ya know...biggrin.png

Hmmm, let me contemplate that for a moment coffee1.gif

Buy Smokie a beer, or drink free beer in the Biz lounge.......hmmm, that's a no brainer really biggrin.pngdrunk.gif

We now have the bizarre situation of theblether trying to sneak Smokie into the Emirates lounge and failing, and Smokie trying to sneak theblether into the Thai Biz lounge and failing......so we're 40 yards apart drinking by ourselves and talking to each other on the internet.......I would rather that than waste money buying you a beer upstairs!!! Remember I'm Scottish!! laugh.png

• Like 1

There is a story that i would like to share with the Moderators.

• those tt feed the trolls, irritate the trolls, tickle the trolls, poking the trolls, provoking the trolls, play with the trolls, deserve to be banned more than the trolls.
    u all know who u are.

• let me share the cow story
    once upon a time...... in the southern province of china.... i was tasked to take care of a plot of land... i don't own the land... im not the farmer... but im just "taking care" of the land....
    on this land there is a cow...
    this cow is pretty harmless except it moos a lot....
    whenever ppl come to this land, they will play with the cow.... feed the cow.... tickle the cow... tease the cow...
    so this cow enjoys ppl's attention.... feed on the fodder.... and continues to moo....
    after a while... ppl start to feel tt the cow is irritating.... the constant moo-ing make ppl have sleepless nights... whenever ppl walk past the land, the cow will go up to them to try get attention.... thow tantrum...
    however.... ppl still continue to come feed it, play with it, occassionally smack its head, say sarcastic remarks, give it a kick when nobardie is looking
    but the cow is too used to having the fodder and attention...so it never backs off....
    so the ppl turn to ask the person taking care of the land to kill the cow
    so the person taking care of the land. Who do you think, they shd kill who first?

Edited by Holysteel

There is a story that i would like to share with the Moderators.

• those tt feed the trolls, irritate the trolls, tickle the trolls, poking the trolls, provoking the trolls, play with the trolls, deserve to be banned more than the trolls.
    u all know who u are.

• let me share the cow story
    once upon a time...... in the southern province of china.... i was tasked to take care of a plot of land... i don't own the land... im not the farmer... but im just "taking care" of the land....
    on this land there is a cow...
    this cow is pretty harmless except it moos a lot....
    whenever ppl come to this land, they will play with the cow.... feed the cow.... tickle the cow... tease the cow...
    so this cow enjoys ppl's attention.... feed on the fodder.... and continues to moo....
    after a while... ppl start to feel tt the cow is irritating.... the constant moo-ing make ppl have sleepless nights... whenever ppl walk past the land, the cow will go up to them to try get attention.... thow tantrum...
    however.... ppl still continue to come feed it, play with it, occassionally smack its head, say sarcastic remarks, give it a kick when nobardie is looking
    but the cow is too used to having the fodder and attention...so it never backs off....
    so the ppl turn to ask the person taking care of the land to kill the cow
    so the person taking care of the land. Who do you think, they shd kill who first?

gawd that's a hard one.....put me out of my suspense!!! ermm.gif

I agree with what you say though about the trolls, just don't feed them wai.gif

Yes. What i mean is. The troll feeder aka the 'newbie bully' are the worst.

They always resort to such tactics whereby a new comer sincerely have a genuine question to ask. And they fired back by labelling the newbie as a troll..

Correct........it's ridiculous. The more people that post the better, we should be encouraging people inteacting......let's give people the benefit of the doubt while understanding that there are experienced people watching the forums that will pick up on genuine troll topics much faster than the rest of us......

but couldn't the blether be seen as tickling the cow?

what kind of response is he expecting to this?

the whole premise seems inflamatory in nature.

My mere existence seeems to be inflammatory to you coffee1.gif

Anyway......I've just fed a troll.....me bad. ermm.gif

blether

What was the point in making a serious point about a subject in deliberation and then taking it completely of track into puirile nonsense and hence diluting what could be termed to some as a serious subject.

Disappointing

If not, why the obsessive interest in this forum and its supposed trolls?

As you are an FNG, I will be very gentle, for a member of all of 28 minutes, that is quite an astute statement in regard to obsessive interest of a longer standing member, or just plain fishing.

but couldn't the blether be seen as tickling the cow?

what kind of response is he expecting to this?

the whole premise seems inflamatory in nature.

My mere existence seeems to be inflammatory to you coffee1.gif

Anyway......I've just fed a troll.....me bad. ermm.gif

i personally do not attack new posters, but i respond as i see fit.

apparently, anyone who does not share your world view is a troll.

i am emphatically not anti-thailand, or anti thai nor do i sport rose coloured glasses.

i accept you dislike me, fine, so should i have my posting rights removed?

i personally dont think so, though i suspect it is inevitable. your thinly veiled call for a wicth hunt may well bear fruit.

your ego astounds me.

I think this entire thread is a trollish premise and should be in F-rang Pub at best. My opinion. And I LOVE newbies.

I suggest you read the OP again, more slowly this time.

Please don't make me. coffee1.gif

BTW, this forum is definitely not only for expats. It is for everybody interested in Thailand related discussion in any way. All such people should feel welcome here, I think. Again, like I said I LOVE newbies.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

can i say, as a newbie that i asked a serious question and was pleasantly surprised at the honest answers i got (especially as i read some other posts before posting my question)

Having been a member of other forums for various things in the past years and having to endure an amazing amount of negative feedback especially from BMW purists as i mentioned plans for modifying my car, i found this forum rather well behaved

I would like to thank you all again for your help and maybe ill have the chance to meet some of you at some point in the future in Thailand

Did i just stroke the trolls too lol

can i say, as a newbie that i asked a serious question and was pleasantly surprised at the honest answers i got (especially as i read some other posts before posting my question)

Having been a member of other forums for various things in the past years and having to endure an amazing amount of negative feedback especially from BMW purists as i mentioned plans for modifying my car, i found this forum rather well behaved

I would like to thank you all again for your help and maybe ill have the chance to meet some of you at some point in the future in Thailand

Hang around alittle longer Rik. You will definately feel the wrath of some of the flamers here. Sooner or later. lol

Hang around alittle longer Rik. You will definately feel the wrath of some of the flamers here. Sooner or later. lol

broad scottish shoulders mate, i can handle it lol