in the front it says

A2 Nicam Stereo

do you need the exact model number?

i suspect too much dust or a short somewhere

or some kind of electrical interference

i tried another TV same make model and it too acted up in a similar fashion

very very strange

w00t.gif

If it's a tube type tv, then i had a similar problem with a Samsung too and couldn't get it repaired.

Samsung service centre is your best bet opposite Tesco on the Suk.

They will send out an engineer to asses the problem, but in my case they didn't have the spare parts

to fix it, and only 4yrs old.

Never bought a sumsung product since and never will again.

If it's a tube type tv, then i had a similar problem with a Samsung too and couldn't get it repaired.

They will send out an engineer to asses the problem, but in my case they didn't have the spare parts

bizzare problem

screen flashes weird colors

goes black for 1-3 seconds

but sound ok

then all of a sudden

no problem at all

As mentioned elsewhere I also had a problem with a Samsung LCD TV, 3 years old - had the parts (the screen), but at 30,000 baht it was cheaper to buy a new LED Samsung TV.

As sotsira said, they not only need the model number, but the serial number too (and there's no charge for the engineer's visit).

bizzare problem

screen flashes weird colors

goes black for 1-3 seconds

but sound ok

then all of a sudden

no problem at all

I had a similar problem with a 2yr old Samsung LCD TV. I had it "repaired" by Nunmchai on Sukumvit Road but the problem reoccurred soon after. Threw away the TV and said i would never buy Samsung again. With the price of TVs now it is not worth the cost of repairing them.

I had a similar problem with a Samsung TV although it went red instead of black, took it to Samsung when they were beside BPH, 1 day later picked it up - cost 500 Baht, and still working perfectly, great service from Samsung.

But for the OP, if you have tried another TV and ended up with the same problem then i suspect yours is an electrical or signal supply issue??

With my 4yr old Samsung tube tv, the engineer told me that they have had many problems

like you have described so it's likely that the other one you substituted has the same problem.

Problem is they didn't have any more replacement parts to repair it, so it's a scrap job.

With my 4yr old Samsung tube tv, the engineer told me that they have had many problems

like you have described so it's likely that the other one you substituted has the same problem.

Problem is they didn't have any more replacement parts to repair it, so it's a scrap job.

as far as i can see

it is one only problem

no, actually it is half a problem hehe

thanks

i know how silly this is going to sound

but in thailand where people are not so well off

dont they keep old things for parts around

to repair those they have

sigh

Edited by deejah

the mystery unfolds

when i open the laptop the tv acts up

when i close the old acer laptop it stops

AND it may not just be from my computer

it may be when someone else uses in the building

interesting to say the least

any ideas?

wireless issues?

<deleted>

Some years ago we had a problem with one of those huge pre-lcd pre-plasma backlit projection TV's so we called a well-known Pattaya company to come and fix it. As it was too heavy and delicate to move, a truckload of Thai guys came to our house. Two of the guys went to work on the TV, the rest had a good nose around our living room.

After they left we noticed a missing Sony handycam, one of those small video cameras that cost a fortune at the time. We didn't notice until they were gone and by then it was futile to do anything about it as we couldn't prove anything.

The lesson learned is, before inviting repair people into the house, hide anything small/valuable and try to herd the people into a small group where they're supposed to be.

Edited by WyattEarp